RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Its Arrived - D300 HSE Silver
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

harisson

Switzerland 

Thank you Eagle77 Smile

Which mpg are you getting now? And which in the beginning?

Mine should be built this week, on the 8th Smile
Fingers crosses that it goes into production Smile Range Rover Sport HST D350

Post #617867 Mon Oct 04 2021 4:00pm
Eagle77

England 

In terms of mpg, one of my regular A road routes going at the 50 mph limit I now regularly do around 50mpg for a 30 min journey. I really was not expecting these numbers so its a pleasant surprise. Was getting around 40mpg at first. For comparison in my 2018 XC90 same route I was getting mid 30s on a car that had 20k miles on the clock so should have been run in fully. Lets not talk about what my old Q7 was getting!
On average in mixed driving I think the i6 RRS is getting at least 25% better fuel economy than my previous 2L D5 XC90 which to me just shows how smaller 'eco' engines are actually worse than a less stressed larger engine. I also think the MHEV battery is helping a lot in stop start traffic economy wise. It also sounds much better too! MY2022 HSE Silver D300 in Firenze Red with black contrast roof
2018 XC90 D5 Inscription with Polestar...gone
2017 XC90 D5 RDesign....gone
2013 Audi Q7...lot of issues...gone
2012 Mercedes CLS...loved it...gone

Post #617875 Mon Oct 04 2021 7:52pm
harisson

Switzerland 

Thank you very much. Sounds amazing!

Yes, the downsizing idea doesn't fit everywhere. 2.0l are ok for smaller cars, but not for 2 and more tons SUVs.
3.0l are perfect engines for sedans and SUVs. Performance and fuel consumption fits perfect. Range Rover Sport HST D350

Post #617876 Mon Oct 04 2021 8:39pm
Marv11

United Kingdom 
5000 miles

harisson wrote:
hello all

I would like to hear from Marv11 and Eagle77 their opinion about the car, specially about the engine, after now a few months of ownership Smile

.. yes, I am still waiting for mine and need some "stuff" to read Smile

cheers
harisson

Hi Harrison, sorry for the delay have been away recently. I have just come back from 10 days in scotland - driving from Yorkshire upto Oban and then over to Isle of Luing, The home run was about 350 and I drove "normally" and I got 36 mpg from it, which given the 3l engine I think its pretty good and for the 1st 3hours of driving, no motorways at all. I have come from a BMW 520d 2l engine which had an average of 48mpg, but the RRS is so much more fun to drive.

I have never had a 4x4 before and the control the car had on the roads and small roads incl some very small off-road "roads" in the highlands was amazing - the smile on my face hasn't left yet! It went everywhere and it never let me down. The engine feels and sounds very good - doesnt sound gruff, just ticks over nicely. Even Mrs M drove the car - I usually swop my cars every 4 years on a lease and change marques, but I am under orders from Mrs M that RRS is a keeper!

Post #617950 Wed Oct 06 2021 9:29pm
harisson

Switzerland 

@Marv11
thank you very much Smile sounds very good!

the new Ingenium inline-six Diesels are impressive regarding smoothness and consumption Smile
I had also a BMW 5 in my past (E60 530d) and BMW is "the godfather" of the inline-six'. it's a great engine architecture.
compared the BMW with the RRS regarding my driving style: it's interesting how the RRS has a decelerating effect. I am still driving fast(er), but not as aggressive as with the BMW. BMWs are driving machines - the RRS is a smooth, powerful and fast gentleman (or lady Smile ) Range Rover Sport HST D350

Post #617955 Thu Oct 07 2021 6:25am
harisson

Switzerland 

hello Smile
just a short info: had the collection day last Friday and could, finally, takeover my RRS Smile

what a day / what a car!
the new engine is ingenious!

have only done ca. 170km over the weekend. this saturday it will get nearly 700km in one day. a perfect drive to run in the engine Smile

cheers
harisson Range Rover Sport HST D350

Post #618612 Mon Nov 01 2021 1:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12