RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Decision Made... Sort Of!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

dadio77

United Kingdom 
Decision Made... Sort Of!

Hi All,

First post and new to the forum, and the RRS world! Leaving behind an X5, and a Q5 before it, I'm jumping in to the one I've been wanting for some years now. I've been through the emotions of HSE, Silver and Dynamic editions, and hybrid vs. diesel, and the information on here has been invaluable, so thanks to all the regular posters!

I took a D300 and the P400e on a test drive yesterday and loved both - coming out of a 3l X5, the D300 felt very familiar, whilst the P400e took some getting used to and felt a bit of a novelty (those 31 hybrid miles were gone in 12 - heavy foot Very Happy ), but still a beautiful ride nonetheless.

I was pretty sold on the diesel (much cheaper than the hybrid) Silver edition and priced up Santorini black with ivory leather, but a bit more digging last night and I spotted the extended number of external and internal colour options on the Dynamic, as well as the colour coded panels (not an issue in black, but really like Fuji White, though the black and grey panels dotted across the body really stand out IMO).

With the previous Q5 being a tan and black edition, this really stood out to me - not keen on the Dynamic alloys, but I've seen a few sets of the 5007's (silver edition standard) online for about half the price of the optional extra. The only other necessity missing for me was the privacy glass - surprised this isn't standard!

So I'm now sold on the P400e Dynamic in Fuji White with tan interior and black headlining... except the wife is nagging me to go for the pimento (red) with white and cirrus headlining, or tan with Santorini! I realize I'm rambling here Embarassed but does anyone have any opinion on colour combos, and the step up/over from silver to dynamic?

I know colour choice is a personal thing, and trim to a certain extent, but before I finalise with the dealer I wanted to see if there was any expert consensus, given my newbie status (and apologies I've committed a faux pas by concentrating on the aesthetics over the ride/vehicle itself, no offence intended!).

Post #613243 Tue May 04 2021 1:32pm
Eagle77

England 

decisions decisions. If you are anything like me you will change your mind several times before the factory order is closed for changes.

With regards to HSE Silver v HSE Dynamic then do make sure you compare the specs between the two - Dynamic you get the advanced terrain response and torque vectoring (though not sure if given the nature of the P400e if would make much difference) while HSE silver you get things like the pano roof, heated wheel, better meridian sound system and tinted windows (I for example wanted all those features and was not that bothered over the advance terrain response etc so value wise HSE silver made a lot of sense to me). Plus I love the wheels on the HSE Silver way more than the Dynamic ones.

Exterior colour wise I can see the benefit of the matching lower panels especially if you are going for a lighter colour - I chose Firenze Red in the end after initially ordering black, toying with Lantau bronze before Firenze and made up for it by going for a black roof for additional contrast.

Unfortunately Mrs Eagle77 wouldn't allow me to go for the Pimento seats (which are my favourite and really stand out) and having had two cars with light leather interiors which I had to clean constantly and showed marks all the time I went for black this time but with an ivory dash and headliner to brighten things up a bit.

I have also gone for the drive pro pack and 360 camera as I have the safety features / adaptive cruise / cameras on my current car and would always regret not adding them plus the safety system has probably enabled me to avoid one or two serious motorway accidents in the past so consider it money well spent.

Good luck and don't forget you will still have time post order to tinker with the spec before its locked down. MY2022 HSE Silver D300 in Firenze Red with black contrast roof
2018 XC90 D5 Inscription with Polestar...gone
2017 XC90 D5 RDesign....gone
2013 Audi Q7...lot of issues...gone
2012 Mercedes CLS...loved it...gone

Post #613256 Tue May 04 2021 5:53pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

According to the RR website both HSE Silver and Dynamic have the same suspension and driving aids such as torque vectoring etc.

Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #613258 Tue May 04 2021 6:19pm
Eagle77

England 

ah yes good point - P400e HSE silver has the same suspension setup as HSE Dynamic whilst D300 HSE Silver doesn't. MY2022 HSE Silver D300 in Firenze Red with black contrast roof
2018 XC90 D5 Inscription with Polestar...gone
2017 XC90 D5 RDesign....gone
2013 Audi Q7...lot of issues...gone
2012 Mercedes CLS...loved it...gone

Post #613264 Tue May 04 2021 7:38pm
dadio77

United Kingdom 

Thanks Eagle77, I really like the gadgets that come with the silver edition (heated wheel, privacy glass, cooler compartment!) and as you say the wheels - I'd not even looked into the driving side of things, though! Will definitely switch the wheels for the 5007's - if there was more choice of interior colours then the Silver edition would be a no brainer for me.

Apart from ebony headlining and privacy glass, I've added the tracker subscription (insurance is £250 a year cheaper) and cooled front seats - not fully compared the safety features, my X5 has lane departure warning and beeps at stationery cars every now and again(!), so I'll have a read through again this evening to see what I'm missing.

Pimento seems to have won the day in the Dadio household (i.e. the wife has put her foot down) but I agree, I feel a number of changes coming before final lock in! I've been advised to add electric running boards which look to be an accessory rather than an option, so more google searches this evening!

Post #613266 Tue May 04 2021 8:57pm
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

Have a good look at the approved used website, it will at least give you pictures of different interior options. If I bought new, I would never have specced mine, but it’s really lifted over plain black
 Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #613294 Wed May 05 2021 5:09pm
dadio77

United Kingdom 

Thanks Dave, I've found the used site be 'glitchy' in the last couple of weeks in terms of loading up - tried it on a Mac and pc and it's the same so not sure if they're having IT issues, but will try again now.

I agree, I have seen the ebony/ivory option on the configurator and didn't like it, but on that pic it looks mint Thumbs Up

Post #613306 Wed May 05 2021 8:08pm
richamartin

2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

I'm a huge fan of the Pimento interior, had it on mine previously with both a Carpathian and White exterior and it looked amazing. It does need a bit of attention if, like me, you live in jeans!

But you really can't beat any of those colour combinations!

On a personal note, i'd go for the Dynamic, as i prefer the "drive" with the additional driving aids to make it more "sporty". If you are putting plenty of options on, worth considering just upgrading to the Autobiography, as the residual will likely cancel out any additional spend on options!

Let me know what you go for though....I may see you driving around Worcestershire! Now
-----------------------
2022 SVR
2021 Bentley Continental GT
2020 Defender 110
2022 Defender 90 V8
Plus 16 other toys! Wink

Post #613307 Wed May 05 2021 8:28pm
dadio77

United Kingdom 

Did you have ebony or cirrus headlining richamartin? I think with a white exterior, it will go well with the lighter headlining, but most used I've just looked at seem to be paired with ebony.

There aren't many 'real life' pictures, but the configurator seems to be a slightly darker shade of red than the actual colour - most google images are from US cars though and it seems to be a very bright red (almost orange!) across the pond.

I've still not worked out the difference between Dynamic and Silver/HSE in terms of driver aids, on my reading list!

Post #613310 Wed May 05 2021 8:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1