Home > General > 69 Plate P400e AB
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

alibeau

United Kingdom 
69 Plate P400e AB

Hi,

Just wanted to say hello.

I used to own an Evoque when they were first launched and DH had a diesel RRS AB at the time too.

We've had quite a gap in RR ownership but have now taken delivery of a 69 plate Eiger grey P440e AB on Tuesday.

We mainly do short 6-8 mile trips so felt this model would suit us well.

So far so good, the car is particularly easy on the eye! It is strange diriving on EV only, not being able to hear the engine running etc but I'm sure we will adjust. It also felt a bit 'jerky' when not on pure EV mode, not sure if it was my diriving and also getting used to the car or the switching between EV and petrol?

Any advice please on best practice for charging the battery? do we let it run down to 0% and then charge back up to 100%?

Also what would we gain from purchasing a sim card with data on for the car? I can't get my head around how we would benefit in terms of creating a WiFi hot spot etc?

Many thanks in advance.

Ali.

Post #610596 Thu Feb 25 2021 8:37pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Ali, congrats on the purchase, great choice.

The SIM card data is basically for in-car services like WiFi hotspot or navigation real-time traffic you can stick with the Ubigme (or whatever it’s called!) 500 mb free for now, I expect.

For PHEV battery for EV mode, my suggestion is to keep it charged. When we had the 2020 lockdown, Land Rover wrote to me explicitly saying to keep the car plugged in permanently. I charge after every trip!

So do not fuss over battery health except that you must charge it at least once a mo, that’s all to worry about Thumbs Up

You probably cannot run it permanently EV. At some point the petrol needs to be burned, it has a sell-by date as it were. So just let the car do what it wants. Once per month, if you have mechanical sympathy, take it for a good drive, up to 70ish mph, give it some revs once warm. If you’re only keeping it up to 3 years then maybe you won’t car so much, but long-term buyers should be fussy. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #610666 Sat Feb 27 2021 2:09am
alibeau

United Kingdom 

Brilliant, thanks for your reply.

I think we are planning to keep the car long term so want to take good care of the battery etc

I think I’ll order a temporary SIM card and sample what the benefits are....

Many thanks again.

Ali.

Post #610854 Mon Mar 01 2021 5:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1