RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Quandary, poorly RRS, help please!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Howler

England 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue
Quandary, poorly RRS, help please!

Hi all, bit of a long shot, but!
I have owned my RRS 4.2 super charged 05/06 plate for the last 8 years and really have been lucky with her, until now Sad
To cut a long story short I put her in to an indy 4x4 garage that I have used before and found them to be quite reasonable in the prices quoted and could not fault their work.
I asked them to diagnose the faults that I new were giving me trouble and this is the work that needs doing:

O2 sensor asy-lambada

ACE system repairs
Bar asst-roll
Tube
Valve levelling
Fluid-Pas 1ltr

Front lower Arms
Arm-front suspension RH
Arm-front suspension LH

My questions are!
What do you think would be a reasonable quote for this work?
Is it worth having this work carried out?
I am going to be putting her up for sale, should the repairs be carried out and then sell her, or put her up for sale as spares /repair.
I know the first question is rather subjective but, I have already had the quote and wanted to know if they were in the right area? so I won't put up what they have quoted. Yet!
TIA

Post #610889 Tue Mar 02 2021 12:13pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The arms are relatively easy to answer as you can see the prices for OEM and pattern parts. Labour is 2 or 3 hours. Likewise O2 sensor which you can find easily enough and likely is also a relatively easy job (although being LR it could be placed in the most inaccessible place possible.

The rest is difficult to say because there's no description of what the issues are. What repairs need to be done to the ACE system, for example? A new bar? A new pump? Piping? All of these? That's going to be a grand or more depending on what needs doing and what parts are required. Replace the Anti-roll bar with a LR badged item and you're looking at well over a grand just for the part. OEM can be had much cheaper, of course at around £500+VAT. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #610902 Tue Mar 02 2021 5:39pm
Howler

England 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Hi thanks for your answer, the parts I have listed are all to be replaced, on the ACE system multiple leaks were found, fluid was found to be leaking from the rear pipes, and rear ACE ram and valve block, the quote I had were for all of the parts and labour.
The quote for this work was just shy of £5000 hence my questions at the end of my post.

Post #610922 Tue Mar 02 2021 11:08pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Amazing that the valve block, the rear pipes and the rear anti-roll bar itself are all leaking. Are they just doing the "throw lots of parts at it to make it go away" method?

When I had a rear anti-roll bar leak on my TDV8, the fluid went everywhere in the vicinity which makes me wonder if there's a single leak but it's depositing the fluid around the place. A leak at the valve block might do that, for example.

I would have thought £5000 is excessive. Hopefully someone else will also stick their oar in to the discussion. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #610924 Wed Mar 03 2021 12:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1