RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Oil dilution - a new record??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

dpg123

United Kingdom 
Oil dilution - a new record??

Is this a record...major service last Nov (3 months ago), 1800 miles since - "Service Required" pops up on dash. I've had the car 18 months, 10,000 miles, this is oil change no.4. Not happy! The car is a MY16 3.0 Autobiography with 40k miles. I do a mix of driving - in fact since the last service over 50% has been on motorways, the rest a mix of town and rural b roads.

If I get told one more time it's "because of my driving style" I'll flip out! It's not - it's because of the architecture of the engine - it will always happen and can be managed but never eliminated...

Post #610433 Tue Feb 23 2021 9:39am
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi,
that does seem excessive Shocked

our 3.0D dynamic 2016 we had for 2 years and from 16k to 34k miles and there was no record of any interim oil change prior (full history seen) and for the 2 services we had done the last came up a month or so early from memory but thats it.

I would be looking at getting an oil analysis done to confirm if it really is getting diluted
(the car does not do an analysis its a calculation from data I think Whistle )

this would rule out (or in) if its a real problem or if it needs an update to the system/calculation thats saying it needs doing

if the car thinks 2+2=6 it always will until its told different (istr there has been an software update for this?)

Thumbs Up

off course it could just be your driving style, lose the lofas, flares and crochet waistcoat Rolling with laughter Porsche Cayenne 2022
gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
gone Corris Grey HSE Dynamic 2016
gone Ipanema HSE lux 2010
gone Rimini HSE 2005
!!

Post #610463 Tue Feb 23 2021 4:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1