RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > L320 MY2013 360degree camera - not surround..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

With the surround cameras there is a image processsing module under the front passengers seat, all five cameras are individualy connected to it, the module then has video out to the screen. with just the rear camera the feed goes direct to the screen there is no module at all in the system.

Cheers
Col

Post #610134 Wed Feb 17 2021 11:25am
cassman

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Hi Col,

I get that. Would I be correct that with your system the surround provides the rear view camera
its not a second input on the screen that decides should it be surround or just rear view?
the surround ONLY sends a rear view by default - and if you specifically choose it will only then
send the surround view? 2013 L320 3.0 TD in grey! sometimes towing a Buccaneer Cruiser.

Post #610138 Wed Feb 17 2021 12:58pm
Col

Basically yes the rear one is the only one which is automatic, if you want the other cameras on you have to go to the extra features screen and switch them on from there or can put a shortcut to them on the home screen, there is also a menu on the camera screen for a couple of different views i.e kerb view just enlarged view using just mirror cameras, junction view using just both front bumper cameras and something called trailer assist. What I can tell you is it is a different rear camera on the basic one to the one used on the surround system, the basic one only has a 2 pin connection and the surround camera has 4 pins.

Cheers
Col

Post #610160 Wed Feb 17 2021 9:20pm
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

I think Col has pretty much covered everything in his replies. The standard rear camera always transmits a signal, it’s only the selection of reverse that tells the screen to switch to the rear view image. There is a temporary hack (diagnostic mode) you can select before you start the car which will keep the rear view on the screen all the time, well until you turn it off and it then resets back to norm.

Are you wanting all the cameras on all the time? I’ve tried it and it’s not much crack to be honest, it’s too distracting and the Land Rover cameras aren’t quick enough or good enough quality to be of much use when moving. I actually believe the issues are with the screen rather than the cameras as the same system is used on a number of other manufacturers products. 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #610389 Sun Feb 21 2021 11:37pm
Col

Sure I can have all the surround cameras on in motion, but you have to switch them on before you actualy move, that's why I put a short cut on home screen for them or they switch off at a certain speed, I think it's around 25-30kph not sure, not that I hardly ever bother using them, out of curiosity will check next time I go out.

Cheers
Col

Post #610395 Mon Feb 22 2021 2:38am
Col

Definitely stay on at any speed all the time if switched on before actualy moving, can pull up individual cameras and zoom and pan image/view slightly, can also have reverse camera on all the time, but still haven't worked out the point though really, may be some use if off road, but there not night vision so no use in dark.

Cheers
Col

Post #610497 Tue Feb 23 2021 11:24pm
cassman

to be honest the original idea was for the tow assist (i have a tin tent)
I looked at retro fitting the original surround camera system, but the cost was errr quite high!
As you say technology has moved on a little over the past 7 years or so
hence looking at the ebay options. The one I linked to also did sentry mode and dashcam - ie recording whilst driving
Which made it more interesting as it would record from all 4 cameras. - But obv no tow assist type bits.
(Which is mainly a close up on the tow ball and reversing lines for the caravan.)
The main sticking part is connecting it to the screen. Reverse would be simple - just leave as is
but use the new cameras rather than the current one.
fitting it could be a PiTA - given the need to install the cameras on the wing mirrors.
still thinking, thanks for all the info about the normal surround camera system.
Can you not get it to use the surround view for when reversing normally? 2013 L320 3.0 TD in grey! sometimes towing a Buccaneer Cruiser.

Post #610498 Tue Feb 23 2021 11:38pm
Col

Think you may be getting confused between tow assist and tow hitch assist which the L320 didn't have although I believe the D4 may have had it, the original camera location and sweep of the L320 tailgate it is impossible to actualy see the rear tow hitch it's self with tow assist even with "special views" the best you will see is the rear wiper arm, the camera would need to located in the number plate area. With the surround cameras switched on it reverts to just reverse camera when reverse engaged. As said the system is so outdated and limited you would certainly be better off finding a good aftermarket system and far cheaper.

Cheers
Col

Post #610501 Wed Feb 24 2021 12:07am
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

As Col said, I’ve got tow hitch assist on mine as I’ve got Disco 4.5 module in my Sport, and I can’t see the tow ball. Get a cracking shot of the back window and how filthy it is. 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #610504 Wed Feb 24 2021 12:43am
cassman

Lolz about the dirty window!

Sounds like for the tow assist i need a camera lower down
like in the boot release button
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172298845844
or the light
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253346684166
with another switch for the "tow assist" Very Happy

deffo getting the use something not the original feeling Col!
thanks for the reference info. 2013 L320 3.0 TD in grey! sometimes towing a Buccaneer Cruiser.

Post #610516 Wed Feb 24 2021 10:29am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12