RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Possible oil leak from left bank, help!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Just watched that video, not sure I personally would want to tackle it so keep fingers crossed never have a cam cover leaking, If anyone had the facilities might be easier to lift the body as I believe that is only a couple of hours work, but may be wrong on that one.

Thanks for your comments, no I didn't buy the car new it was a few months old when I bought it, was spur of the moment purchase, had a test drive in friends fullfat S/C and thought I have to have one of these not the fullfat but a Sport, went out the next day and bought the one I still have, I already had a TDV8 which was a cracking car so kept both for a few months to see which I preferred, needles to say the S/C won. They were few and far between when I bought it could only find two for sale on L/R approved used car list, actualy bought it from Guy Salmon in Sheffield. It has all the usual standard A/B extras plus few extra options like RSE, surround cameras, dual view screen, sunroof, TPMS system, side steps, tow bar etc. so quite a lucky find in some ways, not that they make it worth anymore maybe just a little more desirable when selling.

The the body kit I bought from Overfinch and fitted myself, only used the bumpers, exhaust tips and undertray though as the door side trims don't fit if you have side steps, the mirrors are from a disco 4.5 but basically bolt straight on, steering wheel, gear knob and silver interior switch/vent trims etc. came from powerful uk. thought they just give a bit of contrast to the black plastic, just wanted to make the car a little different without hopefully going completely OTT. Have had it re-mapped and S/C pulley upgraded as well not that it needed it but because I could, also fitted a set of the early SVR 21" rims.

Brake discs and pads are EBC, the pads are actualy redstuff but no longer available, only pad I found that did not make a sound when braking, although I believe the yellowstuff is a good alternative by all accounts.

Cheers
Col

Post #609202 Tue Jan 26 2021 2:39am
drexal

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

Hi Col,

Sorry for delay, because it was split into two pages i've not long seen this post. Thanks for advice on cam seals, going in next week, so will keep my fingers crossed its not that.

Ahh surround cameras was another thing i really wanted!

I would def would have paid a lot more for mine if it had all your extra options, great find

Great work on body kit, looks awesome.

Ahh that was something i always wondered if i bought 21's or 22" rims and then traded in for a newer RRS or SVR could i take my alloys with me to the new car (same fitment etc) and they would just bot straight on?

What are you going to do when your pads run out, can you still by yellow stuff pads?

Thanks again for all the help, your car is amazing you should be super proud. 2012 RRS HSE 5.0 SUPERCHARGED Santorini Black

Post #609301 Thu Jan 28 2021 2:15pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Hi,

Only just noticed the post, I'm sure the yellow stuff pads are still available in the UK at least, strange thing is can still buy the redstuff ones in OZ although they may be old stock so have a spare set in the garage if I ever need them. As for the wheels it is the same stud pattern on both the RRS1 and RRS2 5x120, the Fullfat and Disco's were the same pattern as well but the earlier one's had a different size shank on the wheel nut so you would need the nuts as well. The rim offset on the RRS2 is different by about 4mm but they fit ok on the RRS1 with no problems. Personally I would only ever buy genuine L/R rims, not sure if RRS1 rims fit on the RRS2 ok being a different offset, but wouldn't bother as there are far nicer looking rims for the RRS2 anyway.

As for the surround cameras never found them much use really, only ever get switched on to see if they still work, or occasional to see if within white lines when parking in a parking bay, might be of some use off-roading but no good in the dark either as can't see much.

Cheers
Col

Post #609530 Wed Feb 03 2021 11:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12