RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Car insurance on a p400e hse dynamic
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Kenniff

Scotland 

I’ve just ordered a new RRS (HST)for delivery in March, so not looking forward to the insurance hassle. Coming from a BMW X5, living in London and parking it on the street Smile

Like a few on here I was with LV last year (with X5) and while they didnt pull out altogether at renewal (Feb), they did double the premium to nearly @2000. That’s with no claims in the last 14 years other than 1 windscreen 4 years ago. I ended up with Bank of Scotland for just under £700 - ie cheaper than last year!

They say the insurance market is cyclical, but its more like a rollercoaster.

Post #609603 Sat Feb 06 2021 11:10am
denny111

United Kingdom 
LV

just received a letter from LV saying they are unable to insure my 2018 RRS at renewal in March
So now the big search for another insurer.

Post #609604 Sat Feb 06 2021 11:27am
GV

United Kingdom 
Insurance

Hi. You will find some good advice on here if you do a quick search for insurance. I would have a go at compare the market or similar first of all, then try A Plan, who sponsor this, NFU mutual, and then SAGA ( if you are old enough. 😀😀) watch the excess figures! They can be high.
As stated, LV are out of it; big hit on RRS theft claims.

Post #609608 Sat Feb 06 2021 1:13pm
Colossus1

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Similar story, went to insure my new 5.0 s/c having sold my old one in November which was insured with LV and told they have pulled out. A plan couldn't get below £3k and Land Rover said the car was too high a value!!!! Madness. I ended up with Churchill at £830, me being 55, 9 ys NCD and business use and only my wife as another driver. Didn't think it was too bad from the £500 I paid for the old one which was worth 1/3 of the new one!

The one thing I ALWAYS do now is put a proper Pro crook lock on and have disabled the keyless entry. Until JLR remove this waste of time feature we will continue to have high insurance premiums as a result. Then again ,if JLR get another sale each time there is a car theft, maybe there is not much of an incentive.

Post #610104 Tue Feb 16 2021 6:56pm
HaggisMan

United Kingdom 

Just had my renewal in for my 2018 RRS SDV6 HSE. Last year was £516 but this year they wanted £732! A quick check on confused.com shows there is a wide range of policies around the £450-550 mark, most with lower excesses than I currently have. I’ll look around some more before the end of the month but certainly will have no difficulty in getting cover for around the price which will be cheaper than I’ve ever paid for the car. For info, I’m a 51yo guy with 9yrs protected NCB living on the outskirts of Glasgow. Quotes are for 7k miles / year, including business use and a named driver.

Post #610957 Thu Mar 04 2021 11:00am
Grimble

United Kingdom 

I have spent most of my working life in sales (industrial high value projects) and been on many sales courses. Seems like insurance companies have never learned some very basic lessons:

1. It is much cheaper to keep an existing customer than get a new one.
2. Inertia marketing is an old way of working that infuriates customers and with todays tech (comparison sites) is an obsolete business method.
3. If people are forced to use your services, you had better make sure your customer service is better than your competition.

I have a full set of Meerkat toys. RRS HSE Dynamic SDV6 2014

Nemo mortalium omnibus horus sapit

Post #611008 Fri Mar 05 2021 11:38am
chrisjsw

United Kingdom 

Saga are robbing b*ggers and their claims process is horrendous.

I've found Direct Line are the best bet at just over £330 for the year. 2015 Range Rover Sport L494 HSE Dynamic
Works at an Indy in Herts

Post #611107 Sun Mar 07 2021 4:35pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Grimble wrote:
I have spent most of my working life in sales (industrial high value projects) and been on many sales courses. Seems like insurance companies have never learned some very basic lessons:

1. It is much cheaper to keep an existing customer than get a new one.
2. Inertia marketing is an old way of working that infuriates customers and with todays tech (comparison sites) is an obsolete business method.
3. If people are forced to use your services, you had better make sure your customer service is better than your competition.

I have a full set of Meerkat toys.

Thumbs Up Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #611111 Sun Mar 07 2021 5:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123