Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Landrover warranty or motor easy warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 5 12345>

Lml

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Landrover warranty or motor easy warranty

Evening all.
Will have had my 2015 sport for 12 months in February. Who do you all recommend for warranty? I had originally intended to use warranty direct as I had their cover on a previous sport and they covered a gearbox change with no quibbles at all but unfortunately they are now no longer taking new customers. I have had a quote from Landrover for £750 for their basic warranty. Motor easy have quoted £600 for what looks like a much better policy on paper. I’m not overly impressed with the Landrover warranty at the moment as I recently had a centre diff fault that they wouldn’t cover as Landrover wanted to do an oil change which they claimed was only for diagnosing the fault. The oil change has cured the problem but I have had to pay for it. I’m still arguing with the dealership over this. Has anyone had much dealings with motor easy ?
Lml

Post #608199 Tue Jan 05 2021 11:13pm
LandPhil

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

Warranty Direct have informed me that they will not be renewing my policy so I’ve just taken a warranty with Motoreasy. It seems to be very comprehensive and cheaper than WD were last year. I’ve taken out their top cover at £98 per month, discounted as I have signed for 12 months so down to £86pm
I am not a fan of the LR Approved warranty as they have nothing to do with Land Rover and seem to exclude some failures, like crankshaft failures, which they dismiss as “design faults.”
I’ve read the small print and talked to agents and, as far as I can be, I’m satisfied - but only a claim will tell but I’m hoping I don’t need them.

Post #608200 Tue Jan 05 2021 11:33pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

My concern is that WD have given up for some reason, probably losing money on these policies. I would, on that basis, be very wary of dealing with a company that is less expensive than WD were. Are there any on-line reviews for Motor Easy from LR owners?

all the best
Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #608201 Tue Jan 05 2021 11:58pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

Self-insure. That way you know it will always get paid. These warranties will do their utmost not to pay out. I hate them with a passion Censored Rolling with laughter Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #608204 Wed Jan 06 2021 10:17am
BigBen

United Kingdom 

timhum wrote:
My concern is that WD have given up for some reason, probably losing money on these policies. I would, on that basis, be very wary of dealing with a company that is less expensive than WD were. Are there any on-line reviews for Motor Easy from LR owners?

all the best
Tim

Motor Easy are a very small company and I would encourage people to check their last published balance sheet. This is dated 31/12/19 and shows net assets of £44723 and 3 employees. Search Google for "Motoreasy Limited" and see Companies House link.

Post #608209 Wed Jan 06 2021 12:31pm
00by

I believe Motor Easy was set up by the founder of Warranty Direct, who left them about 8 years ago. MY16 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic

Post #608210 Wed Jan 06 2021 12:44pm
BigBen

United Kingdom 

I think you are correct in saying that but Warranty Direct was then and still is a wholly owned subsidiary of
BNP PARIBAS which is a multinational financial business thus effectively backing WD with very substantial financial resources. A very different picture from Motoreasy.

Post #608235 Thu Jan 07 2021 12:07pm
Lml

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Interesting replies. Thank you. Has anybody got any thoughts on warranty wise ? They look like they supply good cover but then again they all do to start with !! I’m only really looking for a warranty that will cover the big items. Engine and drive train.

Post #608238 Thu Jan 07 2021 12:58pm
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

I had a warranty wise policy some years ago on a disco 3, I ended up paying for a replacement engine......... Sad Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #608239 Thu Jan 07 2021 1:11pm
Leechicken74

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I have used Warranty Wise for an old X5 some years ago and they were good with the one claim that I made but I didn't renew the policy given the cost vice the return. As many have said before you will hear mixed views on all Warranty providers depending on personal experience, personally I just put the money I would have paid out for a warranty away and pay for things myself excepting that if I end up with a big bill I am likely not to have enough but I'm happy with that risk over the hassle of arguing with a warranty company and potentially ending up not being paid out. It is a shame that WD are no longer operating as out all of them they were definitely the best choice IMO. Lee
—————-
3.6 TDV8 2010 (facelift) HSE Stornaway Grey
3.0 TD6 2018 Discovery HSE Luxury Indus Silver Dynamic Packs 1 & 2 - Sold due to COVID budget cuts at home 😢
Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4 - White, black wheels, black decals - Great little car and so much fun!

Post #608240 Thu Jan 07 2021 1:18pm
Coedlan

United Kingdom 

Lml wrote:
Interesting replies. Thank you. Has anybody got any thoughts on warranty wise ? They look like they supply good cover but then again they all do to start with !! I’m only really looking for a warranty that will cover the big items. Engine and drive train.

Just looked at Warrantywise, for a quote on my 5 year old RRS. I similarly am just interested in big ticket items. Their limit of cover appears to max out at £10k, which I don’t believe would cover an engine failure

Post #608241 Thu Jan 07 2021 1:19pm
Coedlan

United Kingdom 

BigBen wrote:
timhum wrote:

all the best
Tim

Motor Easy are a very small company and I would encourage people to check their last published balance sheet. This is dated 31/12/19 and shows net assets of £44723 and 3 employees. Search Google for "Motoreasy Limited" and see Companies House link.

I am just coming to the end of a year with Motoreasy, I had taken out cover for just major mechanical items. My impression when dealing with them was that they wanted my custom and would promise anything to get it. I had no need to call on the warranty (good old Landrover covered the cost of a faulty oil level sensor under customer goodwill - after all they’d already replaced it once when the car was under the original manufacturer warranty.
Having looked at Motoreasy company finances, as suggested previously, they don’t inspire confidence to cover major problems. Although they do have 30 employees declared in their accounts (3 directors)
I’m inclined to look after the car to the best of my ability and put the equivalent of a warranty premium away for the fateful day it may be needed

Post #608244 Thu Jan 07 2021 1:34pm
jd2uk

United Kingdom 

Does anyone have anything good to say about the Land Rover warranty?

Post #608252 Thu Jan 07 2021 2:18pm
pjbracer1

England 

This is about warranty wise as I had the same questions, motoreasy seemed to good to be true and liek others have said are not orrfering a reall warranty they are selling an insurance policy more than anything (i suppose they all are).

I spoke with WD and WW prior to WD stopping issuiing policies to the public, my guess is that they are fine with dealers and traders buying them and giving them to customers but then the dealer is probably responsible for the initianl problems with the customer complaint for the failures but also the fact that Im sure the arragnement will be its the dealer who will do the work and there is an agreed rate at which WD will pay labour hence not selling to the public as the public choose the palce for the repair which if its a main dealr or expnsive palce they end paying out more, Im sure it will be like "insurance approved repairers" where there is a fixed rate in return for the business.

WW seemed to offer the right level of cover (however getting them to pay up is probably hard work if its a big job) but thats like most other insurance really.
I put in the is post the T&C's for WW on what they cover

https://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic57341.html

Im only really interested in covering the bulk of a major failure on the engine or something that renders the car useless or nto re-selleable should something go wrong, if the rear tv's stopped working then it not a major loss and doesnt make the car an expensive garden ornament.

As others have said you mainly hear about the bad experiences and nothign will compare to the initial 3yrs on a new car as they have no real arguments on not covering.

The thing is the dealers are the ones who are warranting anything they are just car garages with an LR badge or MErc Badge over the door, they have to buy stock from the MFR being LR and sell it on, if there is an issue it gets fixed by the dealer who then charges the MFR at a fixed rate so if the job is 4 hrs plus parts and they take 6 they pretty much only get paid for the 4 which is what the MFR warranty states is covered for that repair etc....

Independant warranties are similar but a mroe of an insurance policy where they bet agaisnt failures. WW said they also included that if there was somehting that would lead to a failure due to wear and tear during a service they cover that too! (I'm not sure how that works though) They do also have an MOT failure policy so anyhting that needs to be replace to pass an MOT that is in the list is also covered, but I think it conflicts with the wear and tear permemptive cover. in such that if you have an MOT fail based around something that is badly worn that will need replacing but is not broken but dont have the MOT cover then they wont pay up, but if it was found at a maybe a service or for another reapir like new brakes then they might cover it. Dave B on here had this issue so just be aware as Im sure its a sticking point as he endied up having to pay out! (this is in the post above too)

Im not bothering to get a warranty until Im actually gonna get some use out of the car as at the moment and most of last year it hasnt really been many places due to lockdowns so it seems a bit of a waste to cover it right now).

Be interesting to do a poll on here as to how many of us actually have a warratned car vs the ones who dont. I didnt renew my extended warranty from LR due to price and likelihood of cover due to that car being older! If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #608308 Fri Jan 08 2021 12:07pm
pjbracer1

England 

jd2uk wrote:
Does anyone have anything good to say about the Land Rover warranty?

Luckily never had to use it on this one but it came with the car so, I bet they are like any other will only pay if they have to.
Remember though its only a polciy with an LR badge! Alss I still find it weird that all the pemium brand cars manufacturers are still only offering 3 yrs as standard when the like of Kia and Hyundai are offering 5 and 7yrs on supposedly poorly builts cars.

Make you think on how premium the like of Audi, Merc and BMW and LR really is when they dont offer it, yes Im sure the parts cost more but then they kinda should last longer as they are supposed to be better built! If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #608311 Fri Jan 08 2021 12:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 5 12345>