RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Landrover warranty or motor easy warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 5 <12345>

BigBen

United Kingdom 

Warranty Direct is the trading name of BNP Paribas Cardif Limited of which the ultimate parent is BNP Paribas SA (described as a "Global Banking Group"). BNP Paribas Cardif Limited ceased trading on 30/11/2020 and the intention is to place the company into voluntary liquidation.The last published accounts as at 31/12/2019 indicate an operating loss of £4.734m (£3.237m 2018).
The above information is freely available on the Companies House website.

Make of this information what you will but I will never again take out any form of this type of warranty and therefore self insure and buy reliable vehicles.

Post #608313 Fri Jan 08 2021 11:30am
timhum

United Kingdom 

I think Kia and Hyundai produce relatively simple and very well built cars which reduces the chances of problems. The so-called premium brands are so tech heavy that the chances of problems are much higher. Hence the difference in warranty length. Additionally the buyers of the premium cars have much more cash to splash, look at all the stupid and expensive extras we put on our cars, that they will also buy extended warranties. Knowing this the manufacturers see another way of increasing profits from sales of warranties.
I've owned various LRs from 1997 and from this experience I would say that the LR supplied extended warranties are no better or worse than their stand alone competitors although perhaps more expensive. They along with the other major producers do require a good LR service history to be shown before paying some claims. For example I asked my dealer about claiming for a crankshaft failure when I had a 3l diesel. They told me that no claim for this had been refused where the vehicle has a LR service history.
We always have to remember that owning a car that perhaps cost £85k new will come with bills commensurate with that cost, they will always be expensive to run and that includes the price of comprehensive warranties.

all the best
Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #608315 Fri Jan 08 2021 11:39am
pjbracer1

England 

I agree there is lots of tech onboard them and the owners are cash cows If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #608316 Fri Jan 08 2021 11:53am
pjbracer1

England 

Interesting I wonder if they are totally out then as that would appear to be the situation from Companies house the message on their site says not selling direct to customers so I guess they dont want people who have a policiy to stop paying and go elsewhere maybe.

Maybe BNP will be backing dealer/trader created policies where the dealer is front line on approving the claims maybe If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #608317 Fri Jan 08 2021 11:58am
holmesy84

United Kingdom 

I've got a 3 year extended warranty on mine provided by RAMP, £1600 for 3 years. I was a bit sceptical when I first had to deal with them but to be fair when my air intake manifold cracked last year and swamped the DPF they did pay out for the £4k repair without even arguing in the end..

Post #608325 Fri Jan 08 2021 1:48pm
pjbracer1

England 

great win thats not bad for 3 years too If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #608326 Fri Jan 08 2021 2:13pm
Lml

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

This is all a bit of a can of worms ain’t it. From what I can gather it all seems a bit hit and miss. There is good and bad with all warranty’s. I’m still undecided what to do. Motor easy have emailed today lowering the premium for the basic package to £500. For the slight peace of mind I think I may go with this offer.

Post #608383 Sat Jan 09 2021 10:38pm
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

Does that include wear and tear, if not it’s next to worthless. Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #608409 Sun Jan 10 2021 3:46pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

Does any warranty cover wear and tear, I've never heard of any that cover brakes, clutch, shock absorbers etc?

Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #608418 Sun Jan 10 2021 6:06pm
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

They are consumables, but wear and tear on bushes etc Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #608423 Sun Jan 10 2021 6:33pm
Lml

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Dave-t wrote:
Does that include wear and tear, if not it’s next to worthless.

Nope. It’s only for an actual breakdown beside the road that then needs the vehicle recovering. Like a crank snapping I reckon Shocked Shocked

Post #608425 Sun Jan 10 2021 7:30pm
holmesy84

United Kingdom 

Dave-t wrote:
Does that include wear and tear, if not it’s next to worthless.

I don't know about that, I paid £1600 for my warranty and have already saved over £3k on top of this so mines proven to be far from worthless and this is just in the 1st 9 months of having it. I can stomach paying out on 'wear and tear' items and I'll get any of that work done by local indies, I just paid for a CV boot replacement for example.

It's the big hitters like the engine, drive train etc that I wanted piece of mind on and from that point of view it's been perfect.

Post #608459 Mon Jan 11 2021 12:09pm
pjbracer1

England 

I just got a quote from RAMP (Cheers Holmesy84) and the price is very fair havent gone throught he T and C's' but the offer looks pretty good.

It works out at £799 for 1 year All Mechanical and electronics, £1299 for 2 yrs and £1699 for 3 years and they refer it as like4like and cover full dealer labour rates!

I think this sounds like a win I just need to go through the terms as they are all selling insurance policies really and gambling that nothign should go wrong, I think all of the poilcies for all the problems we read about on here probably still win, as we only hear about the bad stuff and how mnay cars are out there that we dont hear about or the owners just pay out anyway?

It is tricky to trust insurers due to their nature of rejecting everything if they can, but this seems pretty reasonable and seems to include AA recovery!
Terms are here (this doesnt include failures around the MOT I assume you can pay extra for that and if it fails its MOT for somethign then they cover that too maybe!

https://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/albums/u...itions.pdf If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #609046 Sat Jan 23 2021 11:50am
holmesy84

United Kingdom 

None are perfect and will never be as good as the manufacturer warranty but just going on my experience so far I’ve got no complaints and they paid out a £5k claim for me with no real hassle, just sending their own engineer to have a look before authorising which is to be expected for more expensive claims. Heritage in Cheltenham hadn’t dealt with them before but actually commented on how good they were to deal with.
With regards to the AA it seemed to be a dedicated RAMP operator that I dealt with as you get a different number to the normal AA, again that all seemed to work well.

Post #609047 Sat Jan 23 2021 12:23pm
pjbracer1

England 

yeah same for me the smaller stuff that needs a fix then maybe a cliam would be needed and especially if it was this crankshaft isue that can happen, I think at that price its ok.

I think it is a take your chances either way really and as you say youve had quite a hefty bill come along and they paid, it does say as many claims to up the value of the car so not sure f that means if yoru car was 35K then now they consider you have £30k left of claims left over the nex 3 yrs If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #609058 Sat Jan 23 2021 5:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>