RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Looking for 2016/2017 RRS (not white)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

MMCC

United Kingdom 
Looking for 2016/2017 RRS (not white)

Hi,

New member, not a motor trader (not that I have any issues with them!), and I’m looking for a RRS preferably a Dynamic SDV6 in MY16/66 or 17 reg car.

I’d appreciate any help or feedback anyone could give in terms of sought after additional spec items, essential options and then “nice to have” options. I’ve seen a couple of nice cars on auto trader and would be interested if anyone on the forum is thinking about selling their car as I may be interested.

Thanks

Mark

Post #602371 Tue Jul 28 2020 3:05pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Mmcc welcome, you should be able to get a decent example for around £35k on a 66/17 plate with average miles, there are deals to be had just now, 1 tip I would give you is once you know your defo interested in a car get an official CAP price for that exact vehicle & use it to haggle the dealer down. I recently tried to trade mine in against a new one & both dealers only offered me CAP trade & were quoting auction prices to me on what they can buy them in for, I done a bit of research on some of their second hand cars & got CAP guide prices for the exact car with the registrations, guess what they were selling on average at £4-5k above CAP dealer sale price for that exact car, sales guy didn’t know what to say for a change!

Good luck

Malc

Post #602425 Wed Jul 29 2020 2:04pm
Peterh

United Kingdom 

BCA car auctions,go for a Cat 1low mileage which means very few if any scratches.I have just bought 17 plate with full history 20000 miles £33000.

Post #602430 Wed Jul 29 2020 3:03pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

There will be loads there as pcp gfv’s are set a lot higher than trade price so it makes no sense to do anything other than hand them back or VT.

Malc

Post #602434 Wed Jul 29 2020 5:31pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Have you tried a search on the LR approved Used website, put in your postcode and set maximum age of the car and price and it will search the UK stock if you ask it to. Website is here https://used.landrover.co.uk/search 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #602438 Wed Jul 29 2020 6:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MMCC

United Kingdom 

m13lky wrote:
Mmcc welcome, you should be able to get a decent example for around £35k on a 66/17 plate with average miles, there are deals to be had just now, 1 tip I would give you is once you know your defo interested in a car get an official CAP price for that exact vehicle & use it to haggle the dealer down. I recently tried to trade mine in against a new one & both dealers only offered me CAP trade & were quoting auction prices to me on what they can buy them in for, I done a bit of research on some of their second hand cars & got CAP guide prices for the exact car with the registrations, guess what they were selling on average at £4-5k above CAP dealer sale price for that exact car, sales guy didn’t know what to say for a change!

Good luck

Malc

Hi Malc,

Thanks very much for the warm welcome, its much appreciated Thumbs Up

Yes, I've been doing some checks on what trade and trade in values for cars are. I'm realistic enough to know that a dealer still has a margin to make and a decent dealer will, if required, spend some money to get the car into sellable condition. This may mean tyres, brakes etc may need to be done.

There is also quite a variation in prices depending on where you look. Ive seen some advertised with LR Dealers and the prices look competitive whilst other appear to be 7-8k more than trade-in price.

I dont need the car immediately so have the benefit of having some time to look around and take some test drives and hopefully pick the right car at the right price.

Thanks again,

Mark

Post #602452 Wed Jul 29 2020 9:17pm
MMCC

United Kingdom 

Peterh wrote:
BCA car auctions,go for a Cat 1low mileage which means very few if any scratches.I have just bought 17 plate with full history 20000 miles £33000.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the tip, don't you need a trade account to buy from auction? Also, would you do it through a specific land rover auction - I'm aware that they have specific BMW auctions, VWFS auctions and also Volvo auctions.

The 17 plate that you've bought with that mileage is a great car at a great price, if you don't mind could you let me know the spec of the car (HSE, Dynamic, Autobiography, etc), Colour and also where you bought it?

Thanks & Regards

Mark

Post #602454 Wed Jul 29 2020 9:27pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Mark, that’s the point I’m making, cap give you their recommended dealer retail price aswell but JLR dealers are always another £5k over this, when you got the 2 year warranty previously you could possibly accept some of that but not now, if I was keen on a specific car I’d get the cap valuation for that exact registration of car & mileage & start the negotiations, I think the days of them charging what they want are slipping away. I’ve got a 67 plate ab in Firenze red with black roof, black wheels & stealth pack, love the car but I cannot believe how much these have fallen back in the last few years but it’s great for people like yourself who are buying their first at around 3 years old.

Post #602458 Wed Jul 29 2020 10:05pm
Peterh

United Kingdom 

You have to register with BCA,I bought mine from Sevenoakes.HSE,black with sliding pano roof,I had it serviced and valeted on receipt and up to now it's been a great car to own.

Post #602474 Thu Jul 30 2020 8:45am
Canary

England 

Yulong white is quite different with a grey tone which i think is real nice if your against plain white, the x5 is a pearl white for comparison MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #602485 Thu Jul 30 2020 11:09am
Canary

England 

Struggling to have picture added despite adding it? MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #602486 Thu Jul 30 2020 11:11am
MMCC

United Kingdom 

Just looked at Yulong white, and it’s a white car. As I had mentioned in original post I’m looking for a car that isn’t white.

Post #602493 Thu Jul 30 2020 12:23pm
Seatown

Location: Moray - if you're a courier, yes it's mainland UK & no it's not in the Highlands

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

A grey my17 one has just popped up in the "For Sale & Wanted" section on here.... 2010 TDV8 - current - my first RRS, loving it so far......
2005 Cayenne S - handling defied physics and what a sound, so sod the mpg!
1995 Disco TDI- surprisingly reliable, shame about the peeling dash & other trim
Lots of other non 4X4's in between times.........

Post #602500 Thu Jul 30 2020 2:39pm
MMCC

United Kingdom 

Thanks, had a look and higher mileage than I'm looking for.

Post #602504 Thu Jul 30 2020 3:08pm
mrsammyp

United Kingdom 

Shame mine has done too many miles for you, funny enough I bought it from up your way!

I would definitely go for a MY17 if at all possible, the larger screen has the same operating system as the later models (apple carplay etc). MY2017 RRS Capathian Grey

Post #602509 Thu Jul 30 2020 4:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>