RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Ditching the Lexus Rxh to return to RRS. - PHEV owners plse
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 
Ditching the Lexus Rxh to return to RRS. - PHEV owners plse

Have had 10 months of woe with the Lexus RX,, brake and suspension noise and in the midst of wrangling out of the experience.

Comfort level on long journies and road noise/feel just nothing like the RRS .. I previously exited due to oil dilution but now want the PHEV as the RRS bug has returned !!!

So those that have the RRS PHEV , what do you think? Any surprises ? MPG ? and I hear build quality and reliability have jumped up too. And has delivery time in reality been close to that given initially ?

Cheers

Grateful for feedback though I'm pretty much set on ordering car by mid Oct. P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #585831 Sun Aug 25 2019 6:25pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Quote:
I hear build quality and reliability have jumped up too.

Who told you that? lol

Post #585832 Sun Aug 25 2019 7:12pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

I tested a 2.0l phev and found it perfectly OK but couldn't see why I should order it rather than a P400 petrol, I buy cars with my own money and so tax breaks have no interest for me. My driving regime has changed and whilst I do quite a few short journeys where the phev would be good I also do several long trips a year which wouldn't suit it. My present driving pattern will not suit a diesel vehicle and so the decision was made, 3.0l petrol it is and should be with me soon.

Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #585840 Sun Aug 25 2019 10:54pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

PHEV didn't personally work for me either as I couldn't do the charging sufficiently to make it worthwhile and for the rest of the time I'm running round on a highly strained 2 ltr engine (XC90 T8 but same principle as the LR version).

So went back to a 3.0 SDV6 as I understand the residuals of them short term a bit better.

Good luck with whatever you choose though!

Post #585841 Sun Aug 25 2019 11:13pm
jra1234

United Kingdom 

I recently went from SDV6 to P400e hybrid - very pleased with decision. Excellent car very quiet and quick - good at junctions as don't get the slight delay as in SDV6. Spec for spec its the same cost (or a bit less than the SDV6 - as long as you spec the meridian/pan roof/hi/low box) as standard. Boot is a little smaller as floor raised for batteries also no full size spare option and no elec tow bar option for this reason.

Economy; Local(ish) 0-30miles trips mostly on EV so >100mpg or elec only, 30-80 miles trips probably 50+mpg, long trips 200 miles i.e mostly petrol (with no charge at coffee stop) 27-29mpg. It does change itself up on motorways. I have not seen it go competently flat so there is always full combined power when you need it for that quick overtake (e.g. A303 back from Cornwall). Overall for my driving, better than economy SDV6 I had previously, and a much quicker/refined car. All depends on driving style. A great feature is the ability of remotely turn on the AC from the phone app to have a nice cool car to return to if parked in the sun. Engine sound is minimal normal driving - but is a tuned 4-cyl when pushing on.

I charge at home so set-off with a full charge - this I would say is essential to take advantage of benefits. If you only ever drive long distance on a motorway or only occasionally charge it up, a diesel will be better. If trips are a mix it is the future.

Post #585884 Mon Aug 26 2019 5:10pm
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

That's just what I needed..thanks very much for the comprehensive review..very helpful..was looking at annual car tax markups and switched off from considering the Diesel route even if oil dilution had been resolved.

How long is delivery on these things in reality ? P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable

Post #585893 Mon Aug 26 2019 8:05pm
jra1234

United Kingdom 

I ordered end Feb this year and delivered in May so about 3 months for me. Not sure on company car tax as private buyer. if you have come from pre-facelift model the infotainment/sat-nav is in a different league.

If you ever head into London, it is congestion charge free as long as you register (£10). Also eligible for £500 grant towards fast charging point at your house - full in about 2-3 hours - I think over double on a three pin plug. On longer trips <150 miles if you plug in at service station and spend c. £1.50 on elec to fill up when having a coffee you end up in the low 30's mpg. (also get to park near the door!)

Post #585899 Mon Aug 26 2019 9:53pm
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

I'm a cash buyer, non company, it was road tax I meant.. the new bands look horrendous for diesel. And yes we came from the my16 which is pre the Velar facelift tweaks the RRS got.

We live in London , near Wimbledon so the attraction of popping up to town is high.. getting prime parking at airports and London is v useful too.

My wife and I have committed to the change, the Lexus fell short at several levels.. getting back ache, torque steer, steering wheel vibration and non standard noise had to end.. it'll cost us 15 k in 10 months.. but you only live once !

I want to get back to owning a car with soul. Cool P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!

Post #585902 Mon Aug 26 2019 11:39pm
Cunny678

Ordered mine 20/05/19 and due 27/09/19. Did mine on a 3 year lease as it worked out cheaper than PCP assuming no residual value which is likely. The configurator lets you search new stock vehicles if you want a quick delivery, although no p400E's on the last time I looked.

Post #585922 Tue Aug 27 2019 1:48pm
Rowdie

United Kingdom 

Have you mistaken soul for temperament ! Lol Rolling with laughter

Post #585927 Tue Aug 27 2019 3:54pm
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

...some type of personality Rolling with laughter ..is better than none Laughing I have a Spanish wife too... so temprament is rather the norm in our household... P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!

Post #585930 Tue Aug 27 2019 6:02pm
cormacr

Ireland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I ordered my PHEV HSE Dynamic on the 8th April and I picked it up on the 4th July. I am delighted with the car, I had a MY17 3.0 diesel HSE before it and the PHEV is so much more comfortable to drive. The petrol engine is not as smooth as the V6 when you really push it but the serene quiet of driving on electric power makes up for it. With both working together it’s fabulous!
Options I chose - privacy glass, detachable tow bar, surround cameras, heads up display, heating steering wheel, drive pack

Post #585935 Tue Aug 27 2019 8:23pm
rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Any chance of more pics of your car as I am looking to get the same car with the same wheels. Thanks

Post #585979 Wed Aug 28 2019 7:42pm
rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

cormacr wrote:

I ordered my PHEV HSE Dynamic on the 8th April and I picked it up on the 4th July. I am delighted with the car, I had a MY17 3.0 diesel HSE before it and the PHEV is so much more comfortable to drive. The petrol engine is not as smooth as the V6 when you really push it but the serene quiet of driving on electric power makes up for it. With both working together it’s fabulous!
Options I chose - privacy glass, detachable tow bar, surround cameras, heads up display, heating steering wheel, drive pack

Any chance of more pics of your car as I am looking to get the same car with the same wheels. Thanks

Post #585980 Wed Aug 28 2019 7:43pm
cormacr

Ireland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi rrsfan, here are a couple more photos - I need to take another few! The wheels are the standard 21” spec on the HSE dynamic. Good luck with your new purchase. Cormac

Click image to enlarge

Post #585981 Wed Aug 28 2019 7:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>