RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Ditching the Lexus Rxh to return to RRS. - PHEV owners plse
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

IRBails

Australia 
Re: Ditching the Lexus Rxh to return to RRS. - PHEV owners

BoldlyGo wrote:
Have had 10 months of woe with the Lexus RX,, brake and suspension noise and in the midst of wrangling out of the experience.

Comfort level on long journies and road noise/feel just nothing like the RRS .. I previously exited due to oil dilution but now want the PHEV as the RRS bug has returned !!!

So those that have the RRS PHEV , what do you think? Any surprises ? MPG ? and I hear build quality and reliability have jumped up too. And has delivery time in reality been close to that given initially ?

Cheers

Grateful for feedback though I'm pretty much set on ordering car by mid Oct.

This version of the Toyota is hardly a 4WD or Range Rover competitor. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #585983 Wed Aug 28 2019 11:11pm
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

Correct.. but it was highly rated and pretty smart in terms of functionality and as per other members we jumped away from diesel and LR for a string of reasons ... Huge disappointment with Lexus and we did not experience amazing as the Lexus add implies.. sometimes you need to make a change, we did, and we didn't like it.. for all it's wrinkles we loved the RRS .. now the PHEV is getting great feedback we have chosen to return to you lot. Smile P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #585992 Thu Aug 29 2019 9:44am
IRBails

Australia 

Was watching a car show called "which car" the other day and was saying that PHEV's were on the way out? This may only relate to Australia where distances are great and battery is flat by the time you drive down the "long" street to get an ice cream.

Hard to go past a diesel if you are in the bush or driving long distance , no where to plug in unless you take the generator. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #585993 Thu Aug 29 2019 9:56am
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

If I lived near or travelled into the bush rather than an area of grass verges I'd tend to agree with you... Thumbs Up P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable

Post #585994 Thu Aug 29 2019 10:20am
Michael997

United Kingdom 

cormacr wrote:

I ordered my PHEV HSE Dynamic on the 8th April and I picked it up on the 4th July. I am delighted with the car, I had a MY17 3.0 diesel HSE before it and the PHEV is so much more comfortable to drive. The petrol engine is not as smooth as the V6 when you really push it but the serene quiet of driving on electric power makes up for it. With both working together it’s fabulous!
Options I chose - privacy glass, detachable tow bar, surround cameras, heads up display, heating steering wheel, drive pack

Hi
You mention a detachable tow bar in your spec, I am collecting a 2018 phev this week and they have said I can only have a fixed tow bar due to the location of batteries, any advise on your detachable would be appreciated, is it the same as the diesel RRS?
Thanks
Michael Michael
2013 RRS diesel Autobiography Dynamic

Post #592817 Sun Jan 05 2020 11:15am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DrRob

United Kingdom 

Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #592823 Sun Jan 05 2020 12:32pm
Rusty Ranger

United Kingdom 

Michael997 wrote:

Hi
You mention a detachable tow bar in your spec, I am collecting a 2018 phev this week and they have said I can only have a fixed tow bar due to the location of batteries, any advise on your detachable would be appreciated, is it the same as the diesel RRS?
Thanks
Michael

The detachable tow bar doesn't seem to be on the configurator, so I think you are right.

Post #592878 Sun Jan 05 2020 9:40pm
cormacr

Ireland 

Hi Michael,

I ordered the detachable tow bar as a dealer fit accessory, it was not on the configurator as a factory fit option. See photos attached of what it looks like. Let me know if you need any further info.

Cormac

Current: RRS P400e PHEV HSE Dynamic MY19.5 Santorini
Current: Mini Cooper SE Electric 2022
Current: Discovery D300 SE Commercial MY21
Gone: RRS 3.0TDV6 HSE MY 17 Santorini

Post #592940 Mon Jan 06 2020 11:07pm
Michael997

United Kingdom 

Hi Cormac
Thank for the photos and info, is the bar a Land Rover accessory? As the sales people haven’t heard of it so any extra identification info would be welcomed
My car is going to the dealer Wednesday for a second key as my supplying dealer didn’t have two keys and I am planning to discuss the fitting of a tow bar while I am there, I would much prefer a detachable one to a permanent fixed one.
Regards
Michael
Pic of car below, I hope Michael

Post #593219 Sun Jan 12 2020 6:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
cormacr

Ireland 

Hi Michael,
I checked again, I actually ordered a fixed tow bar when I configured the car as that was the only option available. When I picked the car up I was delighted to see that they had fitted a detachable one - it had a Land Rover tow ball cover so I assumed it was a Land Rover tow bar. Now that I look more closely I see that it is a Westfalia one!
The dealer didn’t mention that to me at the time but they obviously looked after fitting it along with the rear valance/electrics.
Maybe that’s an option for you to discuss with the dealer?
Best of luck with the car.
Regards,
Cormac Current: RRS P400e PHEV HSE Dynamic MY19.5 Santorini

Post #593226 Sun Jan 12 2020 8:05pm
Michael997

United Kingdom 

Hi Cormac
Thank you so much for the update, I will as you suggest discuss it with my dealer on Wednesday as a detachable bar would be so much better for me.
Michael Michael

Post #593236 Mon Jan 13 2020 8:33am
Michael997

United Kingdom 

jra1234 wrote:
I recently went from SDV6 to P400e hybrid - very pleased with decision. Excellent car very quiet and quick - good at junctions as don't get the slight delay as in SDV6. Spec for spec its the same cost (or a bit less than the SDV6 - as long as you spec the meridian/pan roof/hi/low box) as standard. Boot is a little smaller as floor raised for batteries also no full size spare option and no elec tow bar option for this reason.

Economy; Local(ish) 0-30miles trips mostly on EV so >100mpg or elec only, 30-80 miles trips probably 50+mpg, long trips 200 miles i.e mostly petrol (with no charge at coffee stop) 27-29mpg. It does change itself up on motorways. I have not seen it go competently flat so there is always full combined power when you need it for that quick overtake (e.g. A303 back from Cornwall). Overall for my driving, better than economy SDV6 I had previously, and a much quicker/refined car. All depends on driving style. A great feature is the ability of remotely turn on the AC from the phone app to have a nice cool car to return to if parked in the sun. Engine sound is minimal normal driving - but is a tuned 4-cyl when pushing on.

I charge at home so set-off with a full charge - this I would say is essential to take advantage of benefits. If you only ever drive long distance on a motorway or only occasionally charge it up, a diesel will be better. If trips are a mix it is the future.

I totally agree and could not have put it better
Michael Michael

Post #593237 Mon Jan 13 2020 8:43am
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

DrRob wrote:
https://youtu.be/h-9mDgR7bk8

Do appreciate that video Dr Rob,,probably the best advert I've seen for the car, I'm still with the RX as I get to a balancing point re switching... committed to moving as the RX has been a very bad experience to date..

My lack of RRS to worry about has become a worry in itself, !! Big Cry ,, have been pushing my new business venture harder in the past 6 months to line up the funds to be able to switch.… frankly the change can't come soon enough Thumbs Up P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!

Post #593257 Mon Jan 13 2020 6:00pm
Rusty Ranger

United Kingdom 

cormacr wrote:
I checked again, I actually ordered a fixed tow bar when I configured the car as that was the only option available. When I picked the car up I was delighted to see that they had fitted a detachable one - it had a Land Rover tow ball cover so I assumed it was a Land Rover tow bar. Now that I look more closely I see that it is a Westfalia one!
The dealer didn’t mention that to me at the time but they obviously looked after fitting it along with the rear valance/electrics.

I've been looking at the configurator in recent days, and the tow bar is described as being multi-height, and I suspect it can be removed altogether, although it does not say this. It does say it is a dealer fit.

Does yours have two heights? If so, it is probably the same. If not, the retailer has probably fitted a different one.

Post #593268 Mon Jan 13 2020 10:39pm
cormacr

Ireland 

It has two heights and it’s definitely a Westfalia one that was fitted by the dealer - see photo below:
It’s easy to fit/remove and much better than having a fixed one that really doesn’t look like it belongs on car like this.

Current: RRS P400e PHEV HSE Dynamic MY19.5 Santorini

Post #593272 Mon Jan 13 2020 11:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>