Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Grabber AT3 tyre pressure advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Sham91

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Bonatti Grey

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Silverstone wrote:
It looks like 38-40 PSI might be a good call. If I never tow, carry heavy luggage, etc is there any reason to run higher pressures in rear tyres anyway (I would have thought more weight in front of an L320 than rear)? Therefore, now thinking of experimenting at 38-40 PSI for both front and rear equally.

Running the rears slightly higher is a way of taming the handling. If the fronts and rears are equal pressures, there's a chance that the vehicle can be tail happy. Even more so if the rears are lower pressure than the fronts. With something that is tall and relatively rolly-polly, you increase the risk of roll-induced oversteer.

I been running mine at 40psi 285/40/22 and I do feel like it is tail happy :/

Any idea what psi I should try RRS TDV6 2010 Smile

Post #594831 Fri Feb 14 2020 10:24am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Silverstone

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Baltic Blue

Drove to work this morning at 45PSI and it was firm over speed bumps etc. Once tyres cooled I've now dropped them to 40 PSI all around and see how I get on over the weekend. There is no replacement for displacement - W O Bentley

MY2013 5.0 Supercharged HSE L320

Post #594834 Fri Feb 14 2020 10:33am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Sham91 wrote:
RRSTDV8 wrote:
Silverstone wrote:
It looks like 38-40 PSI might be a good call. If I never tow, carry heavy luggage, etc is there any reason to run higher pressures in rear tyres anyway (I would have thought more weight in front of an L320 than rear)? Therefore, now thinking of experimenting at 38-40 PSI for both front and rear equally.

Running the rears slightly higher is a way of taming the handling. If the fronts and rears are equal pressures, there's a chance that the vehicle can be tail happy. Even more so if the rears are lower pressure than the fronts. With something that is tall and relatively rolly-polly, you increase the risk of roll-induced oversteer.

I been running mine at 40psi 285/40/22 and I do feel like it is tail happy :/

Any idea what psi I should try

Are they 40psi all round? If so, drop the fronts by a couple of psi and see if that helps. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #594835 Fri Feb 14 2020 10:35am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12