RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Third time lucky on an SVR......or not!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

lee551247

United Kingdom 
Third time lucky on an SVR......or not!!

Well after 2 rejections of SVR’s you would hope that the third time they would get it right! Even after the dealership telling SVO that this is a third replacement vehicle we need to get this right, apparently it was checked thoroughly by SVO! Collected yesterday and there is a mark in the paint about the size of a 10p piece! It won’t polish out either! Was going to reject it again but really cannot be bothered to wait anymore as they quite clearly can’t supply a fault free car. Can’t comment on electrical faults yet as it’s only done 40 miles. Why do Land Rover get it so wrong! They should change there SVO advert as they advertise world class paint finish! False advertising or what!

Such a shame they are put together by people just there for a wage with no care for the product!

2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange arrived but never heard it coming but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange incoming

Post #590357 Wed Nov 13 2019 8:48am
Boxers

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Terrible for new cars to arrive like that, mine is 12 years old & blemish free the only thing I've had to replace is a door actuator switch after reading some of the posts on here consider myself very fortunate.

Post #590362 Wed Nov 13 2019 10:09am
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

If you noticed now somebody will notice it when it’s time to move on and mark you down for it. As frustrating as it is are you letting them repair it as you’ve chosen to keep it? 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #590367 Wed Nov 13 2019 11:11am
lee551247

United Kingdom 

You have been one of the lucky ones then mate Thumbs Up 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange arrived but never heard it coming but now rejected!

Post #590368 Wed Nov 13 2019 11:12am
lee551247

United Kingdom 

Stevepd wrote:
If you noticed now somebody will notice it when it’s time to move on and mark you down for it. As frustrating as it is are you letting them repair it as you’ve chosen to keep it?

I wont accept third party paint on a factory paint finished vehicle as its never the same. The car will end up going back to the dealership come trade in time anyway or even before if any more faults occur. The dealership gave me a cracking deal on a new evoque which i ordered yesterday to appease the situation. 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!

Post #590370 Wed Nov 13 2019 11:15am
BKHK

Australia 

Also looks like some dissimilar panel colours?

Post #590379 Wed Nov 13 2019 4:43pm
Renaco

Germany 

Great colour, a shame they don’t check it before.
Easy to swap the front mask during quality check.

Seems they need a better management soon, they burn cash on both sides, lost customers and the costs for repairs and rejected cars are massive...

By the way, my P525 arrived in August without the ordered HUD, on top with pixel faults on the main screen and with a 86l fuel tank instead of the 105l... Rolling Eyes 2012 RRS HSE SDV6, BOURNVILLE 12/12-10/14
2015 RRS DYNAMIC HYBRID, CAUSEWAY GREY 1/15-7/18
2018 RRS DYNAMIC P400e, BRITISH RACING GREEN 8/18-8/19
2019 RRS DYNAMIC P525, SILICON SILVER 8/19-

Post #590383 Wed Nov 13 2019 6:27pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

lee551247 wrote:
Stevepd wrote:
If you noticed now somebody will notice it when it’s time to move on and mark you down for it. As frustrating as it is are you letting them repair it as you’ve chosen to keep it?

I wont accept third party paint on a factory paint finished vehicle as its never the same. The car will end up going back to the dealership come trade in time anyway or even before if any more faults occur. The dealership gave me a cracking deal on a new evoque which i ordered yesterday to appease the situation.

Whats the cracking deal mate?

Post #590386 Wed Nov 13 2019 8:12pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Sucks.

I'm currently not in a JLR car but I feel your pain man. Non JLR Vehicle

Post #590390 Wed Nov 13 2019 10:54pm
GregP

Australia 

In this part of the world, SVO paints are no longer available in MY20. They have 'progressed' from full selection of SVO colours and finishes in MY18, to SVO finishes on non-SVO colour paints in MY19.5 (no SVO special colours) to no mention at all of SVO in MY20, and even the premium metallic paints are no longer available on an SVR. It has obviously been just too difficult for them. MY15.5 SDV6 HSE Dynamic without the H . Yulong White

Post #590392 Wed Nov 13 2019 11:41pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Boxers wrote:
Terrible for new cars to arrive like that, mine is 12 years old & blemish free the only thing I've had to replace is a door actuator switch after reading some of the posts on here consider myself very fortunate.

Totally agree - especially in view of the price you pay for such a top spec luxury vehicle. Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #590400 Thu Nov 14 2019 10:34am
carlos50

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Get some form of compensation for the dog sh*t workmanship that your happy with and live with it, sounds like your not going to have any success, its LR after all.

Have you tried a high end detailing company to see if they can "improve" it to make it tolerable in view of some compo from LR for the completely unacceptable customer service?

I just purchased a 16 plate SVR and its loaded with faults and poor quality, I'm trying to work with the supplying none LR dealer to sort it all out but will end up living with a pretty sh*t car if I cant.

Should never be like that brand new after 2 failed attempts but is clearly best they can do. These vehicles are wonderful and drive us crazy in equal amounts Censored

Post #590402 Thu Nov 14 2019 12:26pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I've gone back to Volvo lol, I've had enough.

Might go try an SQ8 if I fancy my chances ! Smile Non JLR Vehicle

Post #590411 Thu Nov 14 2019 6:50pm
lee551247

United Kingdom 

It gets worse!!!.......... Took my car to show my mate and he looked at the rear bumper and said its had paint. I didn’t believe him so he put it on the ramp and showed me the underneath. You can see in the pictures from the rivets that the bumper has been off and scratched along the floor. You can also see that one part of the bumper is nearly black compared to the other part, he said this is called transparency where there is not enough paint on there and the black is showing through from the bumper. He also took a rear lamp out to look for overspray which he found on all the loom and also the bumper is broke where the bumper has been taken off and refitted.

2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!

Post #590425 Fri Nov 15 2019 9:06am
carlos50

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Oh no, really bad.

My dad bought a brand new car a few years ago and collected it during bad weather, weather dried up next day and oh my goodness what they’d done to it is anyones guess.

Send it back again, have your mate with you to show them the mess they’ve caused. Instruct a solicitor (bluff at first) to get you some proper compo. I think from memory if you let them try and fix the rejection is more difficult?

Your mate isnt looking at mine LOL

Post #590426 Fri Nov 15 2019 9:12am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>