RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Third time lucky on an SVR......or not!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

lee551247

United Kingdom 

Hi Carlos,

They have offered to supply a new bumper and fix it but why should a brand new car have to be painted straight away when its come from the factory. I have resigned myself to the fact that Land Rover cannot make perfect cars, this is the third attempt so you would of thought they would of tried extra hard to get this one right! Big Cry 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange arrived but never heard it coming but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange incoming

Post #590427 Fri Nov 15 2019 8:47am
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

It makes you start to think that it would be better looking for a good second hand one where the original owner has ironed out all the problems. What a total shower LR are. Can't supply their flagship Sport properly prepared. Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #590434 Fri Nov 15 2019 11:27am
carlos50

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

I bought a second hand one owned by a premier league footballer so no expense spared, or so you'd think. Loads of faults, some minor some not so, all just poor build quality and reliability.

I can see why he moved it on, Id expect way more than this if money wasn't a concern. Great cars just a real shame we have to live with making allowances at this price point Censored

Post #590435 Fri Nov 15 2019 11:51am
Jjvd21

United States 

For the first picture I’d request a replacement front bumper. For the rest it appears you may not be able to see the paint coverage unless you’re viewing from the bottom. I’m not saying their efforts aren’t frustrating, but they clearly are doing the bare minimum to have it pass through internal inspection. Frustrating on a vehicle of this caliber and price. If no one else can see the lack of paint on the bottom it doesn’t mean it’s ok, but curious what the response is from the dealer. Also, after looking at the pictures I get the sense that the rear bumper was sprayed while sitting on the ground as there is little to no coverage on the bottom. Perhaps this is how all of them are painted?

Post #590448 Fri Nov 15 2019 1:24pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Hi Lee i have just come on here and seen this, have been meaning to get in touch.

I would ask you if you were ok but i can see you clearly aren't.

What the Censored is wrong with SVO? Surely they should have been told this is your third SVR? and all the others have had bad faults including paintwork.

Once again this is an expensive optional colour it really does go beyond belief. Censored

No idea what to say Lee, really sorry for you.. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #590454 Fri Nov 15 2019 3:01pm
Andy494

United Kingdom 

Land Rover clearly have a serious issue to resolve in their SVO paint department. If it’s being marketed as a special paint option then IMO it should be a first rate job- especially considering the cost.

Small blemishes that could be corrected might be just about passable but when they are technically not even giving you a finished job (some of your later pictures Lee) as well as breaking things(!!!) this to me is totally unacceptable. The least you can expect for £4.5k is the paint to cover where it should. Whether you see this day to day is not the point.

I’ve recently collected mine, I actually cancelled a new one in favour of a better specced used approved with the perfect SVO colour I wanted but couldn’t justify the extra money added to the new one (Started to feel uncomfortable with the price speaking honestly)

I’m in a much different position to you but feel intrigued to investigate my SV paint to see if there’s a similar finish to yours underneath.

In your situation Lee, I’d go hard on them for compo. IMO the full SV paint option refunded to you plus all issues rectified to a point that you are happy, anything less you reject the car.

Some will say reject anyway but you might be letting go of a mechanically sound version of an SVR and when they’re as fun as they are it’s a shame you should have to wait again.

I’ve had mine only three weeks and I get withdrawal symptoms when I don’t use it for an extended period of time.

All the best, hope it can be resolved promptly.

Post #590458 Fri Nov 15 2019 3:44pm
Jjvd21

United States 

Appears the trim and bumpers are painted separately

Post #590463 Fri Nov 15 2019 6:14pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

I think Stevie wonder works there now. Censored SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #590465 Fri Nov 15 2019 6:18pm
carlos50

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Andy has the right approach if you ask me, SV paint cost refunded and issues corrected to completely satisfactory standard, or it goes back

Keep trying and expecting something you’re absolutely entitled to want but LR cant provide will ruin you, used the compo to take a holiday and raise a glass to LR in the process.

Ive some some high end pro detailers do incredible things to paint so get it into one after LR have had another go and get it looking as good as it can, but with a chunk of cash in the back pocket. A year in its used anyway Whistle

Thumbs Up

Post #590470 Fri Nov 15 2019 7:37pm
lee551247

United Kingdom 

SVR575 wrote:
Hi Lee i have just come on here and seen this, have been meaning to get in touch.

I would ask you if you were ok but i can see you clearly aren't.

What the Censored is wrong with SVO? Surely they should have been told this is your third SVR? and all the others have had bad faults including paintwork.

Once again this is an expensive optional colour it really does go beyond belief. Censored

No idea what to say Lee, really sorry for you..

Hi Paul,

Hope you are well mate, you still got your SVR?

I know i think the problem IS with SVO, they cannot provide a world class paint finish as they advertise! I agree with Andy on here, i think they should refund the paint cost as its no longer a factory finish. Big Cry 2018 Range Rover Sport SVR arrived but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange arrived but never heard it coming but now rejected!
2019 Range Rover Sport SVR in Madagascar orange incoming

Post #590544 Mon Nov 18 2019 9:53am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

carlos50 wrote:
I bought a second hand one owned by a premier league footballer so no expense spared, or so you'd think. Loads of faults, some minor some not so, all just poor build quality and reliability.

I can see why he moved it on, Id expect way more than this if money wasn't a concern. Great cars just a real shame we have to live with making allowances at this price point Censored

Me myself I would never buy one that a footballer or someone with money to waste,,no expense spared when buying them but they don't take care of them like someone who as bought it out of their hard earned money.A footballer will buy one just to pose round in as they have money to waste & will just get rid after 12 month & buy another,remember 100k to them is a few days wage were to me its a few years & more so ill look after my vehicles so I can sell easier hopefully with it being in better condition. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #590553 Mon Nov 18 2019 11:48am
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I had my SVR for all of 6-7 weeks - really loved it and disliked it in equal amounts.

Dealer bought it back unofficially (no complaints with them at all top blokes) and I lost a little bit to save all the effort of the finance company etc etc and I did have the thing for 7 weeks so was happy with the quick resolve.

Just wasn't up to scratch, I'd convinced myself it was, I'm back in a Volvo XC60 now and darting about London in it, obviously it's no SVR but the price point doesn't equal the quality of the goods in my eyes, crikey this Volvo which is well under half the price is put together twice as well as that SVR was!!! Non JLR Vehicle

Post #590585 Mon Nov 18 2019 9:50pm
Am89

United Kingdom 

Just came across this thread. In the process of potentially purchasing a 2015 SVR from a non franchised dealer. How unreliable are RR’s? Makes me reconsider my purchase completely

Post #590780 Fri Nov 22 2019 4:12am
wilf

Logic says that an SVR at its core will be no more or less reliable than the vehicle it is based on.

And, let's face it, LR are not exactly stellar in this respect. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #590786 Fri Nov 22 2019 7:57am
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

With that being said I've just bought another RRS so I can't really talk.

SCV8 Autobiography - will report back if I got one of the good ones Razz Non JLR Vehicle

Post #590877 Sat Nov 23 2019 5:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>