RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > RFID (Faraday) Pouch - Failures
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

teldec

United Kingdom 

I got a couple of pouches and also a little faraday box, dont forget your spare keys need to be safe as well plus any other vehicle keys

Post #593085 Thu Jan 09 2020 10:51pm
Ash3

United Kingdom 

ilard wrote:
If you disable keyless then you have to use the remote’s buttons. When you use the remote’s buttons you are transmitting a signal that can be intercepted and recorded for playback, thus opening your car. I have a friend who lost their Q5 in this manner from a multi-storey car park. So disabling-keyless approach may or may not present a better risk profile than using keyless depending on your circumstances and your luck. I am referring to prior to MY18, because from then on I understand JLR security got a bit more sexy.

I have not yet had a pouch fail myself. When at home a metal biscuit tin or aluminium foil is an alternative to a manufactured pouch.

Pressing the button only transmits the signal very briefly and only on press of button whereas with keyless activated it is continuously transmitting. Dramatically increasing likelyhood of signal being intercepted.

Besides the person needs to be closeby with recuever/transmitter to pick up signal

Post #593088 Thu Jan 09 2020 11:49pm
RRT

United Kingdom 

Aguiness wrote:
Hi I’m not sure how a pouch can fail, the pouch has a material woven into it to stop the signal getting out and in
This won’t fail I think what you mean is damaged due to wear

I would try to get a more robust pouch that you won’t damage as easily

You would think so, however I have tried 3 different cases none have shown any serious wear and tear. The last case is in a landscape format so far easier to see the entire inside of the case and there is absolutely no damage to the lining.

On the first two pouches I would put my complete bunch of keys into the pouch and would accept that sharp edges of the other keys MAY have abraded the lining, hence why I only put the LR Key Fob in the latest one, which incidentally is supposed to be a high quality RFID case. MY17 RRS 4.4d V8 Autobiography - Aintree Green (also referred to on Topix as British Racing Green)

Post #593089 Fri Jan 10 2020 8:32am
Damo1606

United Kingdom 

Best pouch available is from a company called WeShield. You can find them on Facebook. Through is almost like a Kevlar material and will last for many years. You will soon see why this is so good compared to those cheaper leather ones on Amazon.

Post #594582 Sun Feb 09 2020 11:14am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRT

United Kingdom 

I will give it a try: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273105366869 MY17 RRS 4.4d V8 Autobiography - Aintree Green (also referred to on Topix as British Racing Green)

Post #594586 Sun Feb 09 2020 1:37pm
Mike London

I just use some folded tin foil ... works fine 2014 RRS AB Santorini Black

Post #594753 Wed Feb 12 2020 9:22pm
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

I bought one of these in 2017, holds both keys and still works, I do check every now and then

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071NF...&psc=1 Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #594759 Thu Feb 13 2020 6:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12