Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Back in the Fold
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black
Back in the Fold

Hey Guys,

I'm back - a good opportunity came up to offload the XC90 T8 and get into an RRS again so I took it.

Getting an MY19 car on a 68 plate with just under 4k on the clock - SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic with a few limited options here and there.

Will let you know how the deal goes.

Not sure how I feel about coming back to JLR, time will tell.

Did miss the Range Rover way of life though, Volvo ownership is very safe and predictable, but I want that risk that something could go wrong at any moment Razz

Post #585183 Sat Aug 10 2019 8:52pm
DEVON

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Did miss the Range Rover way of life though, Volvo ownership is very safe and predictable, but I want that risk that something could go wrong at any moment

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Welcome back Thumbs Up

Post #585187 Sat Aug 10 2019 9:25pm
Oldandconfused

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

LR ownership is a bit like having a padded cell with your own key. It's a drug I tell you!*--

Post #585189 Sun Aug 11 2019 7:02am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Ever time I sell a sport I say that’s it no more but I end up buying another Laughing Laughing Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #585199 Sun Aug 11 2019 11:54am
DangerMouseUK

Lol what makes even less sense is objectively, the XC90 T8 was the better car from a number of sensible view points.

Was just a bit, unexciting I guess. Also the T8s have 320bhp through the front wheels and about 80/90 through the back, which can make spirited driving a bit weird.

Will miss the free Congestion Charging and sort of free parking in Westminster.

Oh well!

I collect in a few days will get some photos up!

Insurers aren't being very kind I'll say that. Waiting for a call back from A-Plan, NFU mutual were a joke (they don't bother quoting in my postcode because they're not competitive - the quote he came back with was 8k+). Lowest I'm getting is AXA and AVIVA at just under 2k, hopefully A-Plan will do something special.

Anyone got any other tips for insurers?

Post #585221 Sun Aug 11 2019 11:34pm
gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

Welcome back to the fold - it is an addiction.

I got a stonking deal through LV recently - AL4 postcode.

Looking forward to the pics.
Prashan MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian

Post #585236 Mon Aug 12 2019 8:56am
DangerMouseUK

Will have a look at LV thanks for the tip.

Post #585242 Mon Aug 12 2019 10:10am
BKHK

Australia 

Welcome back from someone who has been back a couple of times but is now a member of the No RRS owners club! Not sure if I will ever come back but I am wise enough to never say never.

Post #585257 Mon Aug 12 2019 3:00pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Im currently RR less too. Plenty of problems with previous cars but not sure I am tempted to come back TBH IMHO the RRS is now beginning to look a little dated. Time for a new model me thinks.

The New X5 is a lovely car and a huge step up from the previous gen cars. The X7 apart from a nasty front end is also a lovely place to be for £80k in comparison to a RRS AB - JLR need to really up their game for the replacement.

The good thing about the BMWs is they are faultless! My daily runaround was a 520d M Sport that I replaced with a 530e M Sport Hybrid - not a single issue with the car - they just work as intended to!

I was lent an X5 50d some time ago and it was bloody impressive on air suspension.

DangerMouse - have you seen the prices of the Velar FE now - £50k gets you a hardly used one Mr. Green

Post #585258 Mon Aug 12 2019 3:33pm
Renaco

Germany 

BKHK wrote:
Welcome back from someone who has been back a couple of times but is now a member of the No RRS owners club! Not sure if I will ever come back but I am wise enough to never say never.

I like your switches between sporty stylish BMW´s and smart RRS´s... Thumbs Up 2012 RRS HSE SDV6, BOURNVILLE 12/12-10/14
2015 RRS DYNAMIC HYBRID, CAUSEWAY GREY 1/15-7/18
2018 RRS DYNAMIC P400e, BRITISH RACING GREEN 8/18-8/19
2019 RRS DYNAMIC P525, SILICON SILVER 8/19-

Post #585260 Mon Aug 12 2019 4:04pm
DangerMouseUK

RRSman wrote:

DangerMouse - have you seen the prices of the Velar FE now - £50k gets you a hardly used one Mr. Green

I got a good price for mine luckily and also if you get second hand you can get nice D300 HSE's with Air Suspension for mid 40s which is quite good for the money!

I tried a new shape X5 M50d didn't really do it for me but you're right big step up in quality.

Wanted to try a new shape GLS but they're not in the market yet and the engine selection is limited (1 engine) - also the trick suspension that keeps the thing level isn't being offered here at all yet.

Volvo's are great cars but realistically, to me, its no Range Rover.

The only thing that really tempts me away from LR is the Audi SQ8 but that isn't shipping yet either and even then they want 100k for the kitted version and prices have tanked on the normal ones.

So with all that factored in that really only leaves LR if you want a 4x4, you're right though the Sport is getting on a bit, doubt it will be replaced until 2022 at the rate they're going though.

Disco and Velar are up for mid-life facelifts next year so that will be interesting as will the new Defender!!

So by default I've sort of drifted back to the RRS, but I've stayed out of the larger engines and hedged a safe-ish bet with the SDV6 for resale in a year.

Time will tell ! Smile

Post #585268 Mon Aug 12 2019 7:57pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

JLR are literally giving away the P400e Hybrid to leasing companies! A quick filter on leasing.com can get you in to a RRS PHeV HSE Dynamic for a months payment down and £750 per month with 10k miles per annum! So cheap!

If this is the way forward I dread to think of what used values would be in 24 months when these deals come to end of term.

I find it hard to believe JLR can continue pushing the current car for another 3 years with sales down and the car looking a little dated. My wife has the new Evoque and you can really see the old design language v new when they are parked together.

I expect a bigger Evoque looking RRS to be seen by the end of 2020 at the latest or JLR are in for a huge struggle IMHO.

Post #585271 Mon Aug 12 2019 9:04pm
DangerMouseUK

To be honest I was starting to get a bit shaky about holding onto the PHEV I was in.

Diesel might be the devil but it's the devil I know and understand pricing wise.

I just can't figure out which way these current generation PHEVs are going to go especially a big expensive one like the XC90 or the RRS so I just skipped them and went back to the most sensible normal engine financially.

Post #585275 Mon Aug 12 2019 10:23pm
IRBails

Australia 

If you want a real 4WD then RR is hard to go past. Most of the people comparing here are doing an Apples for Oranges compo. X5..6..7 Q 3...8 all are soft roaders and don't compare in the 4WD space. Now if we go to Landcruisers, Nissan Patrols , Jeeps , And the like this is the space where RR competes if you are a serious off road driver. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #585276 Mon Aug 12 2019 11:42pm
DangerMouseUK

Out of the 10 or so people I know personally who drive Land Rovers there's probably only one other person I know who gives their car a good go, but then again for both of us that's just winter/snow driving in the mountains on normal roads, I wouldn't call it off roading, although it is nice to have a decent 4x4 to do it in.

With that being said you could just slap some bags of sand in the boot of a Mercedes, stick some winter tyres on it and off it goes. If the LR didn't have winter tyres on it the Mercedes would probably have it licked depending on the type of snow and whether there was any grit on the road.

And whilst 22s are crap around London (whilst looking good) they seem to perform slightly better on thee snow, no idea why, contact area? Can't really run them with low pressures due to minimal sidewall.

Post #585277 Tue Aug 13 2019 12:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>