RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 1 month in and this
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

JamieLC

United Kingdom 

Good Morning, My car is in stratstone Teeside addressing the few things previously mentioned in my last post, and to add to the list the alternator was whining.

Had a phone call yesterday saying that the transfer case was approved to be fixed and has been done - it was making an awful grinding noise.

The alternator has been changed under warranty also. Great news.

However the EGR issue, the thing I thought most easy to sort looks like the one that’s going to give me issues.

Diagnostics told that there is a restricted flow of gases hence the Engine light.

They are saying that this is not covered by warranty unless it is a mechanical fault, they don’t know if it is a mechanical fault unless they take the EGR apart.

They said it could be carbon build up and if it is it will not be covered by warranty therefore all charges will land on my lap and it amounts to £940

I’ve only had the car just less than 4 months and wondering if I should go back to the Indi I bought from to see if they can do anything about this.

Please any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don’t really want to be paying a grand out on a car I’ve only had for 4 months.

Cheers
Jamie

Post #588367 Thu Oct 10 2019 8:36am
Sweepinghand

United Kingdom 

LR Assist is indeed the AA - however, the LRA guys have a good deal more sway when your car is problematic. They can arrange with LR for it to be taken to dealership and a car sent t you etc (well they could 12 months ago) - LRA is better than the AA as LRA just deal with LR all day long. AA guys may not see the latest models very often.

Post #590254 Mon Nov 11 2019 9:47am
carlos50

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Can LRA be purchased on its own, each time I call the number its busy, great if I've broken down Whistle

JamieLC, what warranty product did you get with your car?

Post #590258 Mon Nov 11 2019 12:51pm
Hog

Netherlands 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Buckingham Blue

JamieLC wrote:
Good Morning, My car is in stratstone Teeside addressing the few things previously mentioned in my last post, and to add to the list the alternator was whining.

Had a phone call yesterday saying that the transfer case was approved to be fixed and has been done - it was making an awful grinding noise.

The alternator has been changed under warranty also. Great news.

However the EGR issue, the thing I thought most easy to sort looks like the one that’s going to give me issues.

Diagnostics told that there is a restricted flow of gases hence the Engine light.

They are saying that this is not covered by warranty unless it is a mechanical fault, they don’t know if it is a mechanical fault unless they take the EGR apart.

They said it could be carbon build up and if it is it will not be covered by warranty therefore all charges will land on my lap and it amounts to £940

I’ve only had the car just less than 4 months and wondering if I should go back to the Indi I bought from to see if they can do anything about this.

Please any advice would be greatly appreciated. I don’t really want to be paying a grand out on a car I’ve only had for 4 months.

Cheers
Jamie

Try "Forte" EGR or turbo cleaner before you enter in an expensive (and maybe unnecessary ) repair. RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux
RRS 3.0 TDV6 gone
LR 3 HSE V8 gone
DiscoveryII V8 Gone
Discovery 1 V8 Gone
Mustang Shelby
Alfa Guilia (classic)

Post #590302 Tue Nov 12 2019 11:34am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123