RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Price of Range Rovers plummeting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

AW8

United Kingdom 

I am totally with Jim....Even if I could justfy finance on a newer model there I something satisfying in having a well looked after older example.

I am in my 50's now...I have had nee cars in the past. More effort and vigilance can be required to keep an older model running and in good shape

Having a sorted older car charsctered car says a lot about buyer intelligence and market awareness....it can save losing stacks from depreciation.

If money was no object I suspect I might go newer again albeit local to me many with old money drive cars over 3 years old without visibly showing self shame.

Post #582754 Thu Jun 20 2019 8:47pm
mrluke

United Kingdom 

I bought my 2012 AB in 2018 for 22,500 from a dealer

I think i would be lucky to get 15k now

Post #582784 Fri Jun 21 2019 8:34am
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

The alarm bells started sounding for me when I test drove a new BMW X5 a couple of months ago. It was a lovely car and a lot cheaper than a new Range Rover Sport, so I asked the salesman to put some figures together for me and left it at that.

A couple of days later he called me and told me that I only had £800 in my 2 year old L494 HSE with 13,500 miles on the clock. I had purchased using a PCP and fully believed that I had around £5000 equity in the car. I then went to the supplying dealership and asked about a MY20 L494 matching the spec of my existing one. This time I was told that there was no money in my car!

I then went online looking at a D5 Disco HSE and a dealership a couple of hundred miles away from me finally offered me a half decent deal. They offered 10% off the D5 and £4000 on top of the final settlement figure for my RRS. When speaking with the salesman he was telling me that many Land Rover / Range Rover customers who purchased using a PCP were now looking at being in negative equity when they come to change at the 3 year mark.

In the end I decided against a new car and sold my RRS using an online service where car dealers bid on your car. I ended up walking away from my Land Rover PCP £5250 in positive equity, which is basically what I paid for my old L322.

I have been watching the price of both new and older LR vehicles on the approved site, auto trader and e bay. All tend to sit around for many months and have to be reduced by £ thousands before they generate any interest.

Worrying days for JLR and LR owners..........

Post #582795 Fri Jun 21 2019 11:29am
AW8

United Kingdom 

It's the PCP trap....Each to their own but I see PCP as a minefield and a bit of a gamble unless sourcing something a bit out of the ordinary with solid future residuals.

Post #582838 Fri Jun 21 2019 9:58pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I bought my 2008 TDV8 just over 3 years ago for £18k. It’s now valued at £6500! So whether I like it or not it won’t be sold for many years yet. Having said that I don’t want to sell it as it’s a fantastic car. Yes the newer ones have more bells and whistles, and probably get better mpg, but I can live with what I’ve got now. I frequently see comments on here from ex owners of TDV8s who say that it’s sadly missed. So I guess if I’ve got to stick with one, it might as well be this one. I still get that good feeling every time I get in it. Fingers crossed for another year of fault free motoring..... Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #582925 Mon Jun 24 2019 6:03am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You think RRS depreciation is steep? Pity the the poor person who has just traded in their Merc S300 Hybrid to a local LR dealer - cost >£80,000 new 30 months ago, best part ex valuation the salesman I was talking said that he could get was £28,000....... in the last 10 days the value has dropped another £1800....... Worse, no Mercedes dealership would even give a valuation, so must be really undesirable model. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #586859 Fri Sep 13 2019 7:54am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
aaronjb

United Kingdom 

I'm still waiting for the 5.8 SC V8s to drop within my grasp .. DROP FASTER MY BEAUTIES!

Although by that point my TDV8 will be worth buttons, so I still won't be able to afford one Laughing

(Much like when house prices rise .. "Yay my house is worth more now! But I still can't afford to move because so is everywhere else..") 2014 BMW 530d Touring, 2006 BMW 650i, 2018 Mini Cooper S

Post #586863 Fri Sep 13 2019 8:31am
Smarttech

United Kingdom 

I bought my 2012 RRS Autobiography just under 3 years ago for £37k off a main dealer as a used approved car.
It was 1 owner from new with 29k miles on the clock and in excellent condition, one of the cleanest and well looked after cars I had seen to the point it looked like almost new. Very happy with my find, I paid for the car and loved every minute of driving it but a month ago I got bored and started looking at L405 cars, nothing wrong with mine and I love it as much now as the day I picked it up but just fancied something a bit newer and more up to date.

I found one I liked with every option I wanted at a main dealer for £70k so went and looked at it and was all up for trading mine in. Now on 41k miles and still full history plus looks cleaner and better looked after than the day I pick it up was told it was worth £14k at a push Shocked

I laughed at the salesman then turn and walked out the showroom and got in to my sport and drove off.

If that's all it's worth then I'm quite happy to keep it, I don't need a new car I just got bored but am not having my pants pulled down to change cars so looks like a few more years of enjoying my sport. 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior
2012 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography santorini black with ebony/cirrus interior. Gone

Post #586937 Sat Sep 14 2019 8:12am
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I think mine has probably reached pretty much the bottom of its worth. Paid £18k 7 years ago, maybe £3-4k now but as not intending selling it, not really an issue.

I may think about buying an L494 at some point when I think the price is worthwhile

Post #586963 Sat Sep 14 2019 5:15pm
Tom_w_27

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Next summer I'll be looking to upgrade my 06 RRS.
Initially thought new shape 13-14 V8 S/C which are currently hovering around 35k.
Might reconsider and purchase an 11-12 plate for 15k.

Post #586965 Sat Sep 14 2019 5:26pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Same as Eaters above, we bought our 06 for £16k 3 years ago, it had just 36k on it, 1 owner FSH and came from a village in London called Mayfair, it was spotless. I felt to go the V6 route as I use it pretty much everyday and running costs had to be factored in. It is now on 68k and still spotless (it got its twice yearly wax yesterday) and I still love it like we got it yesterday. It’s probably worth more as a car now than any financial value but I just don’t care. I look at other cars when driving around but I always think na. I actually prefer the L320 over the L494 (no offence meant to anyone) and by the very nature of these things time moves on and this shape is not in demand anymore, I’m happy to be in that category Thumbs Up

Fantastic car, great forum.

Steve. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #586986 Sun Sep 15 2019 5:47am
Autobiography1969

England 
Re: Price of Range Rovers plummeting

Tom_w_27 wrote:
What's everyone opinion on this? It seems to me over the last 12months the price has gone through the floor.
Seeing 2009-2010 autobiography's with 100k mileage for less than £10k.
Pressure to buy smaller petrol engines is working? Big Cry

I thought I was right when I read this,

The Autobiography was only available for the L320 as below

3.6 TDV8 Autobiography Sport 5d CommandShift = January 2010 - July 2010
3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Sport 5d CommandShift = August 2010 - August 2011
5.0 V8 S/C Autobiography Sport 5d CommandShift = January 2010 - May 2013
3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Sport 5d Auto = October 2011 - May 2013

So anyone selling a pre facelift Autobiography is selling a Sport with a none official Kit..

People doing this as you say give the impression that the prices are tumbling,
at the same point as diminishing the prestige of the higher level of trim people
have paid extra for,

I get so fed up with people pretending they have something they dont..

I saw this with BMW and now here..

It should be banned as its no different to counterfeit goods..

Steps down from his Ranting Step.. Embarassed ===========================================
2012 Range Rover Sport Autobiography 3.0 SDV6 8 speed Automatic
Indus Silver with Hockenheim premium two-tone leather Ebony/Lunar,

Post #587018 Sun Sep 15 2019 5:22pm
Tom_w_27

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

What a Censored comment to make Rolling Eyes

The fact is prices of genuine autobiography sports, well all RRS have dramatically fallen, especially over the last 12months.

Get "fed up" of me because I have an 06 plate with the "autobiography kit" Rolling with laughter

Everyone has there own reason for modifying there car.

My RRS is my 3rd car I had just reached a milestone of 12months in my own business, so thought I'd treat myself, plus I always wanted a RRS.
I didn't want to tie up £15k-20k in a car that'll be barely used.

I have a car that's looks nearly identical to yours for half the money Whistle

I also have a vw golf r32 rep, wanted the looks of an r32 with the MPG of diesel.

Hope you can sleep tonight Very Happy

Post #587025 Sun Sep 15 2019 7:19pm
Autobiography1969

England 

It wasn't just a comment, it was my opinion.
and as I appreciate you have yours I just felt strongly enough
to feel I should share mine..

I am happy for you to have what you wanted, in both cars,
I guess your honest enough not to try to sell them as an Autobiography
or as as R32 but as replicas, my opinion was shared as the first post mentioned
2009 Autobiography, and there is no such thing, there are many 2004-2009 look alike
or replicas, but they are not what some people are depicting when they sell them on..

We all make our own decisions,
we all make our own choices,
we all have an opinion,

I just felt I wanted to share mine..as you have yours..

PS The RRS Looks very nice..

I do indeed sleep well thank you.. Very Happy ===========================================
2012 Range Rover Sport Autobiography 3.0 SDV6 8 speed Automatic
Indus Silver with Hockenheim premium two-tone leather Ebony/Lunar,

Post #587027 Sun Sep 15 2019 8:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12