rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Hello

Last edited by rrsfan on Mon Sep 10 2018 12:28pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #564916 Mon Sep 10 2018 12:27pm
rrsfan

ghunkin wrote:
Have now been told that due to certification problems, there will be no further deliveries of P400e models before end October.

To say I'm Censored off that a car I ordered in early Feb has no delivery date yet is an understatement.

Trying to decide now whether to cancel the order Mad

Hello Mate

What do you mean by certification problems. I was thinking of ordering in december for delivery of around may but i don't think that would be possible considering you will have waited about 8 months.

Post #564917 Mon Sep 10 2018 12:28pm
ghunkin

United Kingdom 

I can only assume this is WLTP CO2 certification and the issue is that Land Rover are struggling to get the P400e certified under the limit for ULEV's - 75g/km. Above this level there are no congestion charge exemptions and the road tax and benefit in kind taxes are also higher.

For any P400e's registered prior to 1st Sep, they have been registered at 64 g/km under the old NEDC certification.
WLTP applies to all vehicles registered from 1st Sep.

My dealer still cannot confirm the CO2 value of my new car 7 months after I ordered it.
I have to say that if it does not achieve the 75g limit I (and probably many others) will likely be cancelling the order.

With regard to the delays this issue has caused, I doubt this will be an issue going forwards - until the next set of regulations come in!

Post #564918 Mon Sep 10 2018 12:47pm

United Kingdom 

I hope this is not an ongoing issue. Ordered my P400e a couple of weeks ago. Dealer gave me an estimate in Dec for build date. Just spoke to them again - they've told me they are waiting for a confirmed slot and will come back to me... Confused

Post #564921 Mon Sep 10 2018 1:46pm
rrsfan

Hello 1880

Can you do me a favour and let me know when your build date comes in pls as i am looking to place an order for p400e too sometime in december and was wondering when my build date would be so knowing what date they give you would hopefully give me an idea of how long mine will take.

Post #564959 Mon Sep 10 2018 8:18pm
Gijsv

Netherlands 

Ordered ours in the middle of March, it was produced 31/08. Today i called the dealer to get Some more information about delivery. Despite the production on 31/08 and transportation to the Netherlands this week, we have to wait till the end of October before we can collect our new car. All MY 19 models will be on hold for at least 6 weeks, because of the new homologation Censored Big Cry

Post #564963 Mon Sep 10 2018 8:57pm

United Kingdom 

rrsfan wrote:
Hello 1880

Can you do me a favour and let me know when your build date comes in pls as i am looking to place an order for p400e too sometime in december and was wondering when my build date would be so knowing what date they give you would hopefully give me an idea of how long mine will take.

No problem. Will let you know. Currently the dealer’s online system is showing 26 Dec, but i think that is just a made up date. They tell me they should be able to give me a proper date when their fulfilment team gets on the case. I guess I’ll just have to keep chasing them until i get something more concrete. They’ve been pretty responsive so far, but early days I guess. Who is your order with?

Post #564971 Mon Sep 10 2018 10:40pm
Spooked

United Kingdom 

I ordered in February and have had delivery dates in July, August and September cancelled. Now being told car might be ‘released’ at the end of September, but don’t expect to see it until October. The lack of communication has been shocking. I just hope the car is as good as lucky owners say...haven’t cancelled yet (but will if car tips 75g limit)...

Post #565010 Tue Sep 11 2018 1:09pm
irish-in-nl

I ordered the P400E in the Netherlands on 5/11/2017, and i'm still waiting!!! Censored
I have been given at least 10 delivery dates despite my car being built two months ago. The latest is that the COC will be available on 28/10, a full year after ordering. Land rover is blaming a delay with the new emissions testing and registration.
Not acceptable, this should be illegal!

Post #565044 Tue Sep 11 2018 11:44pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

To get certification they'll probably have to reduce weight by delivering it with a tin roof, no rear doors, 16" wheels, detuned to 150 BHP etc. It could look/feel quite retro. Congrats! L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #565047 Wed Sep 12 2018 6:55am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

My understanding is that if you have ordered a basic car with no options then you will get it quickly, if you add any options at all then that individual car has to be tested as the weight will not be the same as the tested car. Everyone orders different options so each car will have to go through individual testing. I was told when I ordered my Countryman that if I were a Business user claiming tax back that I would loose any BIK tax credits for having a low emissions vehicle just by changing the alloy wheels to another style that was not standard fit on the car as shown in the makers brouchure and spec list. Unfortunately I get zero BIK rebates anyway as company cars and fringe benefits don’t come with my job so I could have whatever options I wanted up to September deliveries now my car would have to have an individual certification because if the combination of option boxes I ticked.
It sounds mad but that was how it was explained to me why there are delays - not enough clerks to handle the testing in government offices. Another brilliant Brussels idea not thought out, but Brexit will make delays way, way worse when we cannot import all the just in time parts and get them through customs in time because of paperwork delays at the ports, blame that on the folks that thought it would be good idea if we left the EU. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #565055 Wed Sep 12 2018 9:43am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote

United Kingdom 

Quite so Tim. As our man Ralf was saying yesterday...

https://news.sky.com/video/no-deal-brexit-...s-11495402

Am seriously hoping they manage to sort out these issues pronto as my December delivery date is starting to look a bit optimistic. Will have to find alternative transport options if my car doesn't materialize on time! Censored

Post #565064 Wed Sep 12 2018 11:40am
ghunkin

United Kingdom 

I would be surprised if every option combination had to be tested - there are millions Shocked

Volvo got away with just 15 combinations on the XC90 and were finished testing in May.

Click image to enlarge

Post #565071 Wed Sep 12 2018 1:54pm
ghunkin

United Kingdom 

Second thoughts, perhaps I should visit the factory to be tested with my car as I'm a fat bastard Laughing

Post #565072 Wed Sep 12 2018 1:56pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

ghunkin wrote:
I would be surprised if every option combination had to be tested - there are millions :shock:

Volvo got away with just 15 combinations on the XC90 and were finished testing in May.

You are correct Ghunkin, not EVERY option, only those that are permanently fitted to the vehicle and increase the gross vehicle weight by more than 5Kg, so items like rubber mats, dog guards, tow bar mounted cycle racks etc. will not require individual certification. However, as in the last example, the tow bar WILL require the vehicle to be individually certified. Ridiculous, I know, but an EEC knee jerk reaction to VW Gate!!!

Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #565081 Wed Sep 12 2018 4:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 9 of 15 <123 ... 8910 ... 131415>