RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > brake pipes, dealing with slight corrosion
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

tanloverluke

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
brake pipes, dealing with slight corrosion

Hi all I have an MOT coming up and in a bid to avert any advisories I'm trying to tackle corrosion on the ferrules (ref. last MOT). I took the front offside wheel off to check them and the one connected to the caliper was fine, however the other, that is attached to the metal arm that the brake sensor wire also attaches to, is indeed corroded. Now I tried to unbolt this arm and guess what, the bolt snapped in half! Picture attached of the arm, difficult to make out that it is a separate component because it is rusted. Fortunately I have the kit to remove the bolt however I have looked everywhere to find the part number for 1) the bolt; 2) a replacement ferrule, and; 3) a new arm because that itself is very rusty. I have looked on lrcat.com but can't find the parts there, can anyone help please.

As an extra, I sealed the rear end of my car about 2 years ago and this has held very well. I'm looking to do the front but I would like to pretreat the rusty parts. I previously used a sealant that could go over rust, however it feels better to pretreat the rust and then apply a sealant. Any tips on a rust treatment and separate sealant would be much appreciated. Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.
TO DO: color code sills and pillars.

Post #524748 Fri Apr 28 2017 4:08pm
Topsy

Wales 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hi

I have used Bilt Hamber products for a few years now and have been very impressed. Hydrate 80 as a rust converter is seriously good. I have just used Dynax UB, it has a good reputation and just sprays on but, too early for me to give better feedback.

I have previously used Epoxy Mastic with reasonable results but does require good rust removal beforehand.

Post #524773 Fri Apr 28 2017 8:29pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

Not sue if it helps but I had my undercarriage (ooooh matron!) coated in Dinitrol. They scraped off the old rust, sent me pictures and coated the whole underside. Difficult to say how good it is as it's covered in black shiny Censored 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #524776 Fri Apr 28 2017 9:18pm
tanloverluke

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Thank you gents for the tips, looking at the videos and reviews of these products they appear very good indeed. I'm looking forward to this now! Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.
TO DO: color code sills and pillars.

Post #524783 Fri Apr 28 2017 9:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1