RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Need Some Help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

IRBails

Australia 
Need Some Help

I am trying to find the right RRS and more importantly not waste money on items not needed. First off there are some good discounts by RR Australia on 15.5 models, however What I save this end might go at departure time.

So firstly I am after a Dynamic SVD8 HSE , but want to know what I'd miss on a MY 15.5 vs a MY 16.

Now I have been offered the above in a 15.5 with the following extras which I am unsure of insomuch as value for money.

Heated/Cold climate Pack P4
3 Zone air
DAB radio, which would be software enabled I would think? A hack would get it from the standard radio.
Meridian 10 speaker sound
In Control App, don't know what this is but suspect a hack would get it for free?
Heads up Display
Sliding Roof
Privacy Glass
Elec Tow Bar ?
Lane departure
22 inch wheels, I can live with 20 inch but these are included
Blind spot and closing vehicle
Heated Steering Wheel
60/40 seats split
Console cooler
Twin Blade sunvisor
Stealth Pack

Some of these may be standard on the MY16 most should be standard onm a car at this price but heh this is the price of entry.

All adds up to big bucks but can get a reasonable discount , probably more with some haggling ,

Post #486967 Tue Feb 09 2016 8:00am
Autobiography

Bare in mind that the UK market is slightly different but my 2p below...

Heated/Cold climate Pack P4 - not sure what this is?
3 Zone air - good
DAB radio, which would be software enabled I would think? A hack would get it from the standard radio - in the UK it's standard but a different tuner to a regular radio
Meridian 10 speaker sound - I'd check this as we don't have a 10 speaker Meridian branded system in the UK.
In Control App, don't know what this is but suspect a hack would get it for free? It's useless so don't worry
Heads up Display - Got it on my L405, it's terrible.
Sliding Roof - Good
Privacy Glass - Looks great
Elec Tow Bar ? - Suggests original owner used the vehicle for towing
Lane departure - Annoying if on the most sensitive setting.
22 inch wheels, I can live with 20 inch but these are included - Good
Blind spot and closing vehicle - Excellent, my favourite safety feature
Heated Steering Wheel - Excellent again - use it every day in winter
60/40 seats split - Standard in UK
Console cooler - Excellent
Twin Blade sun visor - Useful
Stealth Pack - Depends on exterior colour IMO

Post #487009 Tue Feb 09 2016 6:56pm
IRBails

Australia 

Meridian 19 speaker, typo. Thanks for this info.
This is a new car spec I posted, well dealer demo . I struggle with the options , all are mostly standard on the 6 yr old car I am parting with so really need to know the value.

One thing I want to understand is weather to go for the M16 as from my brief research there are standard features that I find useful not on a MY15.5 , TPMS for example I find very useful.

Post #487037 Tue Feb 09 2016 10:30pm
R444SPT

United Kingdom 

3 Zone air is standard on higher spec models in UK
Meridian - we have a 825W system and a 1000w + system the first is an £830 option and the second now over £4k - depends how much you like your music - the standard non meridian system is awful, but not sure the 4k version is worth it unless it is really your bag.
In Control App - definately not a hack - it has a dedicated USB port with data connections, so that would need to be retrofitted into the car -
HUD display - mixed reviews - and I believe you have to have IR front screen to have this (may be standard where you are given you have more sun)
Sliding Roof - personal preference - I wouldn't be without
TowBar - the electic tow bar as a factory fit is cheaper than a dealer after fit (by about £1800) - depends if you would use it -
Lane Departure - cheap and useful - along with blind spot monitoring
22 inch wheels - i have them witht he stealth pack - styling choice - the 22inch wheels I prefer to 21 for UK roads - and even off road they do fairly well, but clearly not tried anything too hardcore (but trailer towing over boggy fields and tracks - no issues)
Steering Wheel - Of course it needs to be heated - (I find seats cooled a great benefit as well - standard on AB - needs an upgrade to comfort seats 18 way on HSE I think)
Console Cooler - Used occaisionally lose lot of space from centre cubby by having it -
Twin Blade Visor - Yep
Also large water bottle

Hope this helps a little - much of it is personal choice - SDV8 great engine though !

Post #487057 Wed Feb 10 2016 8:32am
IRBails

Australia 

Thanks for this, the specs I put up are on a new 15.5 Dealer demo , in Australia this car with these options in HSE Dynamic is around 90K Pounds, we a thing called lux tax. I think the big question for me is should I get a 15.5 with all these specs or a lower spec MY16 , it's what are the differences in the base I am wondering about.

Post #487110 Wed Feb 10 2016 9:46pm
IRBails

Australia 

Money down today MY 16 SDV 8 HSE. Arrives in Australia next week. Should be in my hands by 21st.

Post #487133 Thu Feb 11 2016 8:37am
DrFox1969

Australia 

Good choice. Thumbs Up

I have a 2016 SDV8 HSE Dynamic on order with the following:-

Indus Silver
Contrast Roof - Santorini Black
Ebony/Cirrus Leather
Morzine Headlining (Ebony)
Dark Grey Oak Wood Trim
22 inch 5 Split Spoke-Style 504 (will be replaced with custom colour 22 inch 508/Style 17 wheels)
Meridian 825w Audio
Climate Front Seats
Sliding Pano roof
Adaptive Cruise Control
Surround Camera
Blind spot/Closing Veh/Rev Traffic
In Control Apps

My Order Date: 21st October 2015
Planned Delivery Date: 11th March 2016.

Hope you enjoy yours! 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #487139 Thu Feb 11 2016 9:25am
IRBails

Australia 

I have very similar options. Did not get active cruise Or Dynamic features. Area View was also out . But I did not order so it was about taking what was arriving. Well pleased though I will have a Feb Compliance car which is neat . My extras are:-

Red Calipers
Meridian Sound
504 Wheels
Sliding roof
Blind Spot closing.

And A tow bar.

All up am well pleased My R50 went to a new home today and I am hoping to have the same enjoyment with the RRS as I have had with the R50.

Post #487146 Thu Feb 11 2016 10:17am
DrFox1969

Australia 

Your spec is good, its all a matter of personal choice.

I went for the Dynamic as when I spec'd the HSE with options the price differential was negligible. I would have liked the ATB but as you will know the SDV8 only comes in HSE or HSE Dynamic in Oz.

Climate seats were preferable due to summer temperatures in Adelaide.

I like having adaptive cruise as I use it a lot on my current Mercedes and felt i would miss this feature.

Surround camera is not an essential option for me, but a nice to have.

I'm not yet sure if the In Control Apps option is worth it. I've read various forums giving mixed reviews and my dealer warned me when ordering that in Australia there are limited apps available at the moment. Time will tell.

Ref the tow bar, my dealer always orders vehicles with the tow bar fitment included.

Similar to you i'm happy with my order and looking forward to delivery in March.

I would be interested in your view of the car once you take delivery. 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #487214 Fri Feb 12 2016 1:19am
IRBails

Australia 

Adaptive cruise I would have also liked , along with TPMS , but I wasn't prepared to wait and getting a car complied this year straight off the boat was neat. I started out wanting the Dynamic, due to the mis conception that it had better road handling ability and not just paint and fitment options. For me I spent a lot of time getting over sticker shock as my previous car had more options than the much more expensive RRS. Happy to give a review when I pick up, dealer said could be next week , but am expecting the week after, will see. Best is I have now settled and can stop the research.

Post #487221 Fri Feb 12 2016 8:13am
JKay

Australia 

IRBails

Where did you buy from in the end? I bought today, not far from Wollongong, albeit a Vogue Autobiography after contemplating a sport for ages

Dealer also said next week for pickup, but early the week after also likely, which is what I am going to go with

Post #487254 Fri Feb 12 2016 12:44pm
IRBails

Australia 

Narellan area , you can guess the dealer. I started the journey looking at a 14.5 Fat Rover which was well priced , and then as it turned out the bug got me and I proceeded down the road of a new sport.

Post #487258 Fri Feb 12 2016 12:47pm
JKay

Australia 

haha I was there today, and paid my deposit today at the very same dealer. It was the new 15.5 SDV8 Autobiography in black they had (not sure if you've ever seen it there). I wasn't aware of a 14.5 they had?

Which sport did you get in the end?

If I see someone taking delivery of a new RRS I shall be sure to come over and say Gday

Post #487259 Fri Feb 12 2016 12:51pm
IRBails

Australia 

SDV8 MY16 HSE with a few options. The MY 16 had 11 options added over the 15.5 so was worth the extra $$. Extras to MY16 standard features include 3 zone air , Headlining , 22 inch wheels , Red Brakes , Meridian Sound , Sliding Roof , Blind spot closing vehicle ? I found the service by Adrian at that dealer to be excellent , I was a proper pain in the arse but he persisted until he found me a vehicle that I wanted to buy , bit different to my local experience.

Post #487260 Fri Feb 12 2016 12:59pm
JKay

Australia 

Great

Looking forward to pictures when you collect.

I don't think I met Adrian, I dealt with the sales Manager, Corey.....

Congratulations on the new purchase

Post #487262 Fri Feb 12 2016 1:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>