RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > MY2018
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 12 <123 4 ... 101112>

Foxblue

United Kingdom 

timhum wrote:
I placed an order for a 3.0l HSE two weeks ago. The dealer, a major outlet, is having difficulty getting any idea of a build date from LR with an indication that it might be September. What does this mean, an upgrade for model year 2018 which would be rolled out after the summer holiday or is there a possibility that with the introduction of the Velar that the RRS is going to be phased out altogether? It is after all in direct competition with the Velar and is probably not as profitable.
Any ideas from those in the know on this forum?
Thanks Tim

Very strange that you've been quoted September, the two main dealers I have spoken to both reckon they can get me in a car within 8-12 weeks (which surprised me). In terms of the future of RRS I really wouldn't worry, the plan is to have a 10 model line-up within the next few years, the Velar is aimed squarely at the Macan and is no threat to the future of the RRS, LR have very ambitious plans. The only effect of the Velar is that it has knocked the new Defender back a little while.

I agree about not being an early adopter of LR product (or pretty much any manufacturer come to that), but in the case of the RRS it is a model upgrade and while the mooted new tech may not be everyone's cup of tea, I wouldn't have a problem.

Post #522016 Mon Mar 27 2017 11:22am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

It's funny how every thread on here seems to contain Velar bashing Laughing

Whether it be the hight of the car, the recessed door handles, the price, the non early adopters of LR products etc etc Rolling Eyes

The fact is that the car has now been launched and it is a more sportier and faster car than the RRS 3.0d and it will and should drive better than a RRS too as that is the intention that JLR had when launching the car. The only reason I can think of why the Velar has been given the lesser 2.0d options is so that they can get the volume of sales required to cover their R&D and tooling costs of the car (think company car drivers etc) and also so that they don't stagnate the RRS by only launching with the 3.0d option which is faster from 0-60 than the RRS - kind of defeats the name of SPORT then if you see what I mean? Why have a car faster than the one you have called SPORT Laughing

The SPORT will and has to move more upmarket and have a power gain when the new model is launched (not sure of this will be MY18) as for now the Velar in the higher specs will for most new punters be a better option is it will be the car with the latest technology, looks more contemporary and you will all see for yourself when the car hit's UK dealers for a roadshow in May as to how much it has moved the game on from the current RRS.

From what I have seen of the Velar so far I am sure a slight drop in ride height and a 5cm drop in length should not be enough for people to choose the older car over the newer car...watch this space Thumbs Up

As for being an early adopter - the biggest benefit over the potential issues that can arise are the lack of depreciation on the newly launched cars - look at the FFRR, RRS and the Evoque - for at least 24-30 months the used cars were pretty much the same price as new ones!!!

I'm ready to get bashed by the RRS folks now Rolling with laughter

Post #522028 Mon Mar 27 2017 1:08pm
Foxblue

United Kingdom 

I couldn't agree more on your point about depreciation v early adopter, but with LR's reputation on in car technology I would understand others concerns.

It will be interesting to see where they go with the all new RRS and I am torn a little between a Velar 3.0d or an RRS, but I think the extra space of the RRS will come in handy, though I'm still not 100%, but if I want a Velar this year I will have to get my skates on.

Post #522039 Mon Mar 27 2017 1:50pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I think you have missed the boat for this years allocation already tbh. Park Royal have over 50 orders and deliveries are now well in to next year....

Post #522041 Mon Mar 27 2017 1:53pm
Foxblue

United Kingdom 

Yes, my local dealer has over 40 orders but I do know of another who still has some allocation for this year (daren't say who) but I will have to pull the trigger this week.

Post #522049 Mon Mar 27 2017 2:41pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Be Wary Foxblue I take what most stealers say with a pinch of salt Wink

AFAIK this years allocation is spoken for already....make sure they assure of you this years slot and get it in writing with some compensation due if not Wink

Post #522051 Mon Mar 27 2017 2:45pm
Foxblue

United Kingdom 

Good advice, thanks. Out of interest what spec Velar have you gone for?

Post #522063 Mon Mar 27 2017 4:05pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

HSE Dynamic R spec'd up to £76k.

I am going to Solihil to see the various colours before I decide on a Black or Grey car vs a Fuji White or Silicon Silver car Smile

Post #522064 Mon Mar 27 2017 4:06pm
Foxblue

United Kingdom 

Nice, I've specced one to £74k without blinking! I like Silicon but it's silly money on the Velar, if you haven't seen it in the flesh yet Jardines in Erdington have a Disco 5 in the showroom, agree with you about the green hue, but it's a nice colour.

Post #522077 Mon Mar 27 2017 4:50pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

They had the launch cars on 1st March in Silicon Silver so I did see it in the flesh - problem was it was under white lights so looked silver - very misleading! In the pics it does look great though but someone round the corner has an RRS in that colour and it is very khaki!

I think Silver would look fab but I want to see one first Wink

Post #522078 Mon Mar 27 2017 5:02pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

After commenting that my dealer was having difficulty getting a build slot before September they called me today to confirm they have now received a May 5th build date. Great news and thanks for comments on this thread.
Tim

Post #522102 Mon Mar 27 2017 8:12pm
wilf

So, into June now, how long before MY18 details are released? MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #527407 Fri Jun 02 2017 6:23am
timhum

United Kingdom 

I took delivery of my new car 10 days ago rather than the long wait initially indicated. Still no sign of the MY2018 changes so I'm glad I didn't wait. The decent discount obtained more than makes up for any possible updates.
First impressions are very positive and i'm pleased i managed to overcome my hesitance on paying this much money for a daily driver. The only disappointing part of the transaction is the very high depreciation sufferred on our Disco Sport which the RRS has replaced.
Tim

Post #527428 Fri Jun 02 2017 9:26am
HarinderSingh

England 

wilf wrote:
So, into June now, how long before MY18 details are released?

Unsure about actual details but was told by a dealership on Tuesday that order books for current model closing and that orders now would be for MY18 model.

Hopefully there are some details that are more solid sooner rather than later

Post #527435 Fri Jun 02 2017 11:40am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Patience gentlemen Very Happy

MY18 details should appear towards the end of the month Mr. Green

Post #527450 Fri Jun 02 2017 4:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 12 <123 4 ... 101112>