RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > MY2018
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 12 <123 ... 101112>

donny dog

United Kingdom 

Yes, I probably used the wrong word. I meant method of input (via two touch screens) rather than the operating system in any technical sense.

Post #521839 Fri Mar 24 2017 5:25pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in8Ur-BrWm4

My bandwidth won't let me watch that (it would be buffering all day!) but I'm not currently aware of anything that the Velar has got that a top spec. RRS hasn't got.

Post #521840 Fri Mar 24 2017 5:28pm
Foxblue

United Kingdom 

From what I can ascertain the Velar has a new 'in control' system, incorporating a digital dash display, infotainment and heating/seating and other functional controls. I have no idea about the operating system, but in essence the technology of the Velar does seem to be a step forward from the RRS.

Post #521852 Fri Mar 24 2017 8:36pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

If the touch screens just operate the same systems, then it's no advance for me as I prefer buttons and knobs.

Post #521854 Fri Mar 24 2017 9:11pm
crocs

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

Unless someone can categorically confirm otherwise, I suspect that is the case. For example, instead of pressing a button to heat the seats, you'll find the icon on a touchscreen and press it. No additional functionality, just some window dressing.

Robert

Post #521866 Fri Mar 24 2017 10:53pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Consider also if your waiting for the next model year expect prices to increase with the pound how it is.

Post #521877 Sat Mar 25 2017 12:37am
Renaco

Germany 

donny dog wrote:
If the touch screens just operate the same systems, then it's no advance for me as I prefer buttons and knobs.

Me too. In my actual L494 it is already a problem that for most of the functions you need to look at instead of the possibility of blind touching to the knob once used too, in former cars.

In my view, essential functions need a button. And the new Velar black glass Central panel will most of the time look odd with the loads of fingerprints on it.

That's all just a demonstration of styling, not related to a customers profit in dayli use. But seems in my next new RRS I will have to live with it... ;-(

Post #521880 Sat Mar 25 2017 8:33am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Pop out blade door handles have not been an issue in the F Type Jaguar sports cars so why should they be a problem in the Velar? OK so who last saw an F Type, they are almost as rare as hen's teeth and depreciate faster then a lead balloon falling out of the sky, but they don't seem to have had too many door handle problems since launch 3-4 years ago. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #521885 Sat Mar 25 2017 12:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

I am also keen to see what changes will be made to the 2018 MY. My 5.0 Autobiography will be 3 years old at the end of the year and I will be ordering an SVR but keen to see if it will come with the muted 585 BHP engine.

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #521895 Sat Mar 25 2017 4:49pm
Foxblue

United Kingdom 

I would hope that a near 600bhp engine would not be 'muted', that would be tragic! All i have managed to pick up (and I thought there may be a few people on here in the know) is that the MY18 'may' have the Velar technology and a new front end, possibly new rear lights and maybe different cosmetic options on wheels and the like, but we will know in June/July for sure.

If that is all true it would be quite a significant upgrade, but it is conjecture, though enough to convince me it's worth hanging back for as i'm not in a hurry and will probably keep this car beyond the usual 2 years.

Post #521909 Sat Mar 25 2017 7:03pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

I placed an order for a 3.0l HSE two weeks ago. The dealer, a major outlet, is having difficulty getting any idea of a build date from LR with an indication that it might be September. What does this mean, an upgrade for model year 2018 which would be rolled out after the summer holiday or is there a possibility that with the introduction of the Velar that the RRS is going to be phased out altogether? It is after all in direct competition with the Velar and is probably not as profitable.
Any ideas from those in the know on this forum?
Thanks Tim

Post #521964 Sun Mar 26 2017 8:18pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

The face-lifted RRS has already been seen in spy shots, so it seems unlikely that they'll scrap it! I can't imagine why people think that the Velar is comparable to an RRS - without starting an argument about which is better, they are certainly very different.

Post #521979 Sun Mar 26 2017 10:42pm
holmesy84

United Kingdom 

I've just got a MY17 AB as you can wait and wait and there is no guarantee the MY18 will be a better package. I prefer the current interior to that of the Velar as to me it suits the type of car that the Sport is, in AB trim with extended veneers and what not it is just a very nice place to be. If they just throw a Velar style interior in the Sport I'm not sure it would be an improvement.

With Land Rover I follow a rule of never getting a new model or a significant upgrade in the first year it is realised as you just become a guinea pig for lots of issues. Just look at the F-Pace, anyone who doesn't think the Velar will have a bucket load of niggles in it's first year with the new 'tech' is kidding them self... At the very least I predict now that people will find themselves unable to open their doors as those pop out door handles failing are a given!

With the above in mind I bit the bullet and got the MY17 and so far I'm happy with my choice.

Post #521982 Sun Mar 26 2017 10:49pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Maybe they will be switching manufacture of RRS to the new LR production plant in Slovakia that will be opening this summer!

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #521985 Mon Mar 27 2017 12:09am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

I reckon the door handles on the Velar are the only things on the car that are over engineered and so will be ok. Wink SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #522005 Mon Mar 27 2017 9:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 12 <123 ... 101112>