RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Putting SIM in MY2017
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Caerketton

United Kingdom 

Hi pko
I had no issues. The Simcard O2 hooked up up first time. I was in a high signal 4G area. However I only get a 3G signal.

Post #520858 Tue Mar 14 2017 1:43pm
pko

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Thank Caerketton. It seems a trip back to the dealer is required. The car is recognising the card & identifying the network on each of the three cards I've tried but that's as far as it goes.
kind regards p current 2015 hse dynamic, grey.

Post #520862 Tue Mar 14 2017 2:14pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

I got the car to read the SIM OK once I'd worked out which way round to put it (the instructions are designed for that unit when it's fitted horizontally, and therefore read nonsensically when it is fitted vertically as in the MY 17). However, mobile data defaults to 'off' every time I turn the engine off, so you have the faff of going through menus to turn it on again every time. Has anyone found a way to make it stay on?

Post #520884 Tue Mar 14 2017 3:40pm
pko

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Got it sorted, but I had to put u/n & password in manually, the car wouldn't read it from card & when it asked for u/n & p/w I was putting in my account details not the ones required for internet access. Embarassed current 2015 hse dynamic, grey.

Post #520902 Tue Mar 14 2017 5:10pm
matsoutback

Australia 

matsoutback wrote:
I don't have my MY17 yet, and I didn't order it with the " In Control Connect Pro Pack" (all up around $2800.00) but still obviously have the In "Control Touch Pro" 10.2" screen.

I do wonder if I use my phone as a hotspot, would the connected navigation work and the browser work etc..?

I did order the in control apps so I can use my Spotify...

Mat

No Big Cry 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #522991 Wed Apr 05 2017 10:28pm
ianmo

United Kingdom 

I have had my sim (Three 20gb per month) installed from the day I collected it from the dealers without any problems whatsoever, then I get in it this morning and on my way to London notice that I am not getting any traffic updates or email's on my phone and Spotify won't connect.

Turns out that I have no signal, not even recognising that there is a sim card inserted.

I have tried taking it out and putting it back in with no luck, does anyone have any ideas of what to try next?

Post #523439 Wed Apr 12 2017 5:54pm
Silty

United Kingdom 

I thought Spotify was run via the Apps on one's phone? I don't have a SIM and I've been holding off getting one as most things I need (i.e. Spotify and web access) are on screen when I connect up my phone. 2017 SDV6 Autobiography; Carpathian Grey, Ivory, Soft Close, Extended Grand Black.

Post #523444 Wed Apr 12 2017 6:50pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

ianmo wrote:
I have had my sim (Three 20gb per month) installed from the day I collected it from the dealers without any problems whatsoever, then I get in it this morning and on my way to London notice that I am not getting any traffic updates or email's on my phone and Spotify won't connect.

Turns out that I have no signal, not even recognising that there is a sim card inserted.

I have tried taking it out and putting it back in with no luck, does anyone have any ideas of what to try next?

Mine periodically loses 3G, the reason being that the system turns mobile data off on its own. To get the card recognised again you have to go into the menu ('Communications') and turn it on again, then it all re-boots. Have you tried this?

Post #523450 Wed Apr 12 2017 7:48pm
ianmo

United Kingdom 

When I go into the menu I don't have an option for communications, I go menu features, it then gives me my options, I have conectivity but thats it!

Post #523456 Wed Apr 12 2017 8:09pm
ianmo

United Kingdom 

Silty wrote:
I thought Spotify was run via the Apps on one's phone? I don't have a SIM and I've been holding off getting one as most things I need (i.e. Spotify and web access) are on screen when I connect up my phone.

Spotify is run through the apps, but I have my phone connected to the cars wi-fi so that I don't use masses of data on my phone.

Post #523458 Wed Apr 12 2017 8:19pm
ianmo

United Kingdom 

donny dog wrote:
ianmo wrote:

Mine periodically loses 3G, the reason being that the system turns mobile data off on its own. To get the card recognised again you have to go into the menu ('Communications') and turn it on again, then it all re-boots. Have you tried this?

Thanks donny dog, all sorted now. I will keep an eye on this in future. Very Happy

Post #523461 Wed Apr 12 2017 8:36pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Great, glad you're sorted (despite me putting 'communications' instead of 'connectivity' - should have gone to the car and checked! Embarassed ).

Still don't know why it happens, though, it's a bl**dy nuisance.

Post #523468 Wed Apr 12 2017 9:38pm
rstebbings

United Kingdom 

Don't try putting nano sim in it's a pain to get out, wish I read this before hand. Bit of sticky blue tack helped.
Waiting till I can go find a sim adaptor in the am to try out the features. MY17 RRS Dynamic - Corris Grey
MY15 D4 - gone
MY12 RRS - gone
MY08 RRS - gone
MY02 Freelander - gone

Post #523585 Fri Apr 14 2017 12:13am
aks

United Kingdom 

Why do LR make this so difficult? I have BMWs and it comes pre-installed and active for the first 3 years!

I really thought LR was getting it's act together with better tech, but little details like this show how much pain minor points (and easily resolved by the manufacturer) can cause frustration. Tony

Post #523619 Fri Apr 14 2017 12:06pm
ianmo

United Kingdom 

donny dog wrote:
Great, glad you're sorted (despite me putting 'communications' instead of 'connectivity' - should have gone to the car and checked! Embarassed ).

Still don't know why it happens, though, it's a bl**dy nuisance.

Huh got in it this morning and it has switched of data again, looks like this will now be an on going problem! Banging Head

Post #523622 Fri Apr 14 2017 2:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>