RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > New RRS - collection tomorrow! A couple of questions...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

CraigieH

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
New RRS - collection tomorrow! A couple of questions...

Hi All - so I am a newbie to the forum and indeed to the wonderful world of RRS motoring!

I had the pleasure of a '03 Vogue that scared me to death as it was not under a warranty! But after years of saving, and mad rush of blood when visiting Guy Salmon in Northampton (any stories??) a couple of weeks back, I am due to collect the Showroom RRS HSE Dynamic tomorrow!

Ever since I have been struggling to sleep! A big car fan, I have a growing family, caravan (Ahem!) and so it made complete sense to buy this dream car! So tomorrow is a big day for the whole family.

A few Questions for you -
* I am going to need a tow bar, but don't want to ruin the looks of the car. The retractable 'electronically deployed' tow bar option cost more than most second hand cars! And it seems the other option they are offering is a fixed version, not even detachable.

I of course don't want to void the warranty, but what are the options for an after market (Witter?) removable bar? Any experience of having this done, and if so, where? I can see the rear panel on the bottom of the bumper will need to be removed each time. Is this a manageable thing to do - we will use it 4 times a year?

* Second, I was reading about the recall last year for the doors opening on their own. How do I check what software version the car is so that I can ensure the thing leaves the showroom as up to date as possible?

* Finally, I have got the service pack (£699) and before I give the final signature tomorrow, is there anything I need to ensure I have baked into the package??

Thanks in advance - I know from reading you have the knowledge and passion to help out a fellow newbie! Just cant wait to be part of the gang Smile

Post #492744 Tue Apr 05 2016 10:51am
Dave777

United Kingdom 

The deployable tow bar is a bargain at £950 actually! Costs around £2500 to retrofit!

If you are collecting tomorrow then probably too late to change anything. I managed to get some insurance chucked in for the wheels and tyres and body dings.

What spec did you go for etc? MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #492773 Tue Apr 05 2016 1:26pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

You can now sell your caravan. See http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic43569.html L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #492776 Tue Apr 05 2016 1:33pm
CraigieH

Well I was quoted £2500 from the dealer....£950 I think I could stomach!

Can you tell me where that was quoted for? Was it brand new build? They are being quite flexible and if we strike a deal, I can have it fitted later. But buying the showroom car, I may have missed the boat.

As for losing the caravan...the cheap holidays it will provide will pay for the car Smile
At least that's how I've done the finance in my head !

Post #492777 Tue Apr 05 2016 1:40pm
Dave777

United Kingdom 

Needs to be factory fitted for the £950 sadly as on the factory options list. MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #492790 Tue Apr 05 2016 3:05pm
scrumps

United Kingdom 

CraigieH,

You can retro-fit a multi-height bar that has a removable element to it.

Once removed all that is left is the square receiver.

Have a look in Topix for the fitting instructions for VPLWT0159.

You'll need to buy a replacement rear lower panel and 13 pin electrics kit too but the bits seem to come in around £600 but there will be fitting/ software enabling on top. Might get close to the £950 mark.

If you buy through the Dealer and get it fitted within 30 days you get the full 3yr warranty on it too.

Scrumps Somerset - Where the apples do grow and the cider do flow!
2021 Defender 90 D250 HSE in Tasman with white roof.
24MY D300 AB - Verasine Blue - 😀
19MY SDV6 AB - Byron Blue - Gone
17MY D5 SDV6 HSE - Firenze Red - Gone
16MY SDV6 AB -Aruba Silver - Gone
13.5MY SDV6 "HSE Black" - Baltic Blue - Gone
10MY TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Gone
14MY D4 HSE in Scotia Grey - Gone
05 TD5 D90 CSW in Cairns Blue

Post #492808 Tue Apr 05 2016 5:41pm
IRBails

Australia 

I have the fixed tow bar option as the remote tow bar does not meet Australian standards, it is deemed likely to fail! I don't mind the look and the tongue is removable. I did not get a tongue with the vehicle but all the rest was done. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #492885 Tue Apr 05 2016 11:23pm
CraigieH

Cheers guys.
She is HSE Dynamic SDV6 with a few options, and like I say, it was in the showroom.

After agreeing with the Mrs I didn't want to risk the wait so opted for the one as it stood!! It's a pan roof and 7 seats which I'm sure I'll use hardly ever. But in Sanotori black with black leather. Can't wait!! Can't sleep!! Big kid!!

Post #492886 Tue Apr 05 2016 11:27pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Hope you have years of fault free driving and enjoyment. Welcome to the Forum. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #492888 Tue Apr 05 2016 11:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1