RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > TDv8 HSE Spec
I've reduced the choice of colour for my next RRS to the following so - Which Colour should it be? In my order of preference
White with ebony leather
43%
 43%  [10]
Giverny with Aspen
13%
 13%  [3]
Giverny with Alpacca
0%
 0%  [0]
Lugano with Ebony
13%
 13%  [3]
Lugano with Ivory
8%
 8%  [2]
Arctic Frost with Aspen
8%
 8%  [2]
Arctic Frost with Alpacca
13%
 13%  [3]
Total Votes: 23

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Hi Tim

I would recommend the Venture Shield tape, the only thing I would warn you about is that its only as good as the experience of the fitter. I was lucky...in the end. I had my bonnet piece replaced after the ding was removed etc, and it had to be done 3 times. It was not ALL the fitters fault, but I did ask him to do it again once HE thought it was ok.

The dealer detailing chap gave me the bottles of the diamondbrite stuff. I tried it but I don;t think its any better than commercial stuff you can buy. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #65497 Wed Nov 08 2006 10:31pm
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Tim, surprsied you haven't considered Rimini / Ebony / Walnut. My TDv6 is Rimini and I had no hesitation in ordering Rimini again for the TDv8. That colour works brilliantly in this car. Its funny how some shapes suit certain colours. I think a D3 Rimini looks a bit over done, but in RRS its the donkey's thingymebob of a colour. Not many around, but they are catching on. And they certainly hold their value just fine, my dealer has offered "at least £40k" for mine on a trade in (you are reading this Gareth - aren't you !) and thinks it will sell on in minutes. RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #65506 Thu Nov 09 2006 1:00am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Smarticus, there are about 5 Rimini RRS's in this area - they out number Java's! I spent a couple of hours with the local dealer yesterday and they feel that they don't want my RRS as a part ex, they would prefer to sell it on my behalf on a sale or return basis........................... I suspect that it is too new and they are unsure of the 2nd hand values so don't want to loose a packet on it if values should fall. Inspires confidence in the product doesn't it? I have several "irons in the fire" so to speak and waiting for replies from them. I'm in no hurry as I don't usually change cars before they are 2 years old and the RRS will be that in June, just that I have been told that if I want specific options the lead in time for TDv8 is stretching out. It is such a good engine and it also goes into the Jag XJ and the FFRR that I wonder how long it will be before Ford have problems with engine supply 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #65512 Thu Nov 09 2006 10:01am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LR Dealer

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Tim,

Jaguar have announced that TDV8 will not be going into the XJ. This is because someone forgot to measure the engine bay, TDV8 is too wide to fit between the chassis rails / front suspension Laughing
Maybe they need a new tape measure Confused
This should mean less demand on the engine builders, at present it appears that only LR are going to be using it, but I would like a go in a Transit TDV8 Very Happy

Post #65527 Thu Nov 09 2006 10:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

Transit Transit or a D3 Transit? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I have heard rumours that D3 may be getting it too. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #65532 Thu Nov 09 2006 10:30am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I thought that Laughing Laughing

A TDV8 in a Transit Transit - that would give white van man something to play with, instead of just pulling out in front of me at the wrong moment and not being able to accelerate away!! Evil or Very Mad 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #65533 Thu Nov 09 2006 10:32am
Pelyma

England 

I don't reckon it'll go in the D3, too much competition. The biggest threat to V8 supply will be the US, if they get it we might not get too much of a look in Sad The US seems to be starting to look at fuel costs and a nice big petrol sounding diesel could be just their thing.

Post #65544 Thu Nov 09 2006 10:47am
Pelyma

England 

It seems this is happening http://www.thelandroverchronicles.com/ You also have to bear in mind where the engines come from (Brazil) to be put together in UK

Post #65554 Thu Nov 09 2006 12:09pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Tim .......... having voted some time ago on your colour choice , I had to go with Giverney and aspen ...... why you ask ..... I think its the colour of choice for your neighbourhood and has that RR classy look. BUT..... I can hear you say ...... what about the "white"? ..... yes I was in a real pickle over this & just thought it too radical Shocked
Also how long would white stay clean in Scotland?

Today around my home town I have seen too mant RRS's for my liking - they are everywhere.

I have seen today - Silver - S/grey - Black - G/green - Rimini and L/Teal = is this a record ...... and all within a space of one and half hours. 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #65564 Thu Nov 09 2006 12:52pm
Tim in Scotland

Actually Martin white doesn't seem to get that dirty! Black shows the dirt much more than white................ I have owned both colours in the passed and speak from experience of a Black MG Maestro 2.0l and a White MG Maestro 2.0l - the black one was much more difficult to keep clean.
The reason for White or Zermatt is that they don't show the scratches that you acquire offroad like other colours show them! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #65570 Thu Nov 09 2006 1:25pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Black MG Maestro 2.0l and a White MG Maestro 2.0l

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Go and stand in the corner, Tim!!! Laughing 

Post #65571 Thu Nov 09 2006 1:32pm
Tim in Scotland

They were actually underrated cars.............................. especially as both of mine were supercharged and uprated versions made by a local tuning company. They couldn't half scare the daylights out of Golf GTi's and Astra GTE's which were considered to be the hottest things on 4 wheels back then! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #65573 Thu Nov 09 2006 1:36pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

A mate of mine had one actually (not tweaked though) as his first car when we were all 17/18 years old... and it did have a bit of poke, but they were...er... of their time, weren't they? Very Happy 

Post #65575 Thu Nov 09 2006 1:42pm
LR Dealer

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Really Tim.

I do second the motion to go and stand in the corner, defending your position is only making things worse!

I do rather fancy a white one with ebony leather, very retro, very cool. but then my head kicks in and starts to worry about residuals...but if you keep it a few years...oh I can't decide... Rolling Eyes

Post #65579 Thu Nov 09 2006 1:52pm
iwantone

you get it much cheaper than the rest of us ...

white with ebony would be amazing .. and relatively unique Smile

LR Dealer wrote:
Really Tim.

I do second the motion to go and stand in the corner, defending your position is only making things worse!

I do rather fancy a white one with ebony leather, very retro, very cool. but then my head kicks in and starts to worry about residuals...but if you keep it a few years...oh I can't decide... Rolling Eyes

Post #65584 Thu Nov 09 2006 2:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>