Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > RRS Tdv8 v FFRR TDv8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

M@verik

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

Pelyma

Quote:
Interesting reading! I drove the TDV8 FFRR and loved it, it just had something about it. I've 90% made my mind up that the D3 will go in a years time and I'll get a nearly new FFRR. My only concern is how my clients' will view me turning up in the FFRR. I also think as you say the Vogue is the one to go for HSE's without satnav and lower spec seats aren't worth it.

I can understand your concern, in Britain we feel we should not be seen to be doing too well or at least thats what we think they think.

When my daily driver was a new 328i BMW back at the end of 1995 I was concerned about the M3 I had ordered for the next Autumn, was it going to be too flash? Then about 2 years after that I had my first 911 which I used every day and since then I have not worried because I have found that other than the BMW's (any model seemingly), I have had no problem at all with negative, or greeneyed attitude, least of all with the sport and surprisingly with our DB9 in any social or business situation. It seems that, and partiicularly "British Cars" are OK but arrive in an M5 and you are a "greedy polisher with brake activated indicators" - I know I had two and got called that by someone - shame really becasue I never polished either of them.

Go on Pel get a FFRR and don't worry about it - people buy from people and they like to associate with non arrogant success. Having met you I know you are a nice bloke , I think that will over ride any issues with your ride unless it's a G class, a Q7, a new X5 or a obviously a Hummer.

I snapped this as I drove past it - made everyone smile in the traffic jam. 11 XFR

08 RRS TDV8 HSE with the good bits taken off the first RRS

05 RR Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red (Rimini Brown at events), Stormer wheels (original 19's for events), PTI, towpack. TV tuner (now driven by an employee)

1923 Ford Model T (serious ground clearance)

FFRR TDV8 Vogue my07 (wife won't let me use it in case I go to Salisbury with VA in it)

plus some other bits n' pieces

Last edited by M@verik on Wed Nov 08 2006 1:12pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #65407 Wed Nov 08 2006 1:07pm
iwantone

the FFRR HSE does not have the SatNav or the 20" wheels that the RRS HSE has. When you add these options, the price difference is more like £5k.

Post #65410 Wed Nov 08 2006 1:12pm
Pelyma

England 

Embarassed @ Mav!

Post #65416 Wed Nov 08 2006 1:32pm
M@verik

Pel - one thing if you get a FFRR you ought to ceck with Tim in Jockland to see if they do retractable ladders though, they are pretty tall - of course I'm thinking of Pel Junior Smile Exclamation 11 XFR

05 RR Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red (Rimini Brown at events), Stormer wheels (original 19's for events), PTI, towpack. TV tuner (now driven by an employee)

FFRR TDV8 Vogue my07 (wife won't let me use it in case I go to Salisbury with VA in it)

Post #65418 Wed Nov 08 2006 1:35pm
M@verik

Goodness I've just noticed - I've managed to reach a posting milestone, over 100 in 17 months - VA check that out. 11 XFR

Post #65419 Wed Nov 08 2006 1:37pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Too true, even at access height the FFRR is high, and as one with short legs I found it difficult to reach into the boot of my FFRR unless I climbed up on the lower half of the tailgate (undignified for a FFRR owner!) or went in through the rear passenger door and folded the seat back down..... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #65420 Wed Nov 08 2006 1:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
M@verik

Tim,
Sorry had to LOL at the image you just painted 11 XFR

Post #65421 Wed Nov 08 2006 1:45pm
iwantone

but the upside is you look taller when you are driving the FFRR Laughing

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Too true, even at access height the FFRR is high, and as one with short legs I found it difficult to reach into the boot of my FFRR unless I climbed up on the lower half of the tailgate (undignified for a FFRR owner!) or went in through the rear passenger door and folded the seat back down.....

Post #65424 Wed Nov 08 2006 1:49pm
M@verik

Laughing Laughing Laughing compensation of sorts 11 XFR

Post #65425 Wed Nov 08 2006 1:50pm
Tim in Scotland

While my RRS was in the dealer yesterday I had a Freelander TD4 3 door as a loaner....................... after driving the RRS anf FFRR it didn't half feel small but also I found that I was sitting very low down and looking over the top of the steering wheel whereas in the FFRR and RRS I can sit there with a clear view out. Also for some reason in the RRS I can drive it with the seat set well back on the runners, in the Freebie I was sat way too close to the steering wheel for safety just to get full depression of the clutch, that then made reaching back to the seat belt on the B post a huge strech, I don't remember having these problems with the 5 door I owned. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #65426 Wed Nov 08 2006 1:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

You probably noticed the family trait then Mav! The only one who won't need then will be my son, he seems to take after my wife who is 5'10"!

Tim I have to do that with the D3 Wink

Post #65427 Wed Nov 08 2006 2:04pm
hartleyhair

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Pelyma wrote:
Interesting reading! I drove the TDV8 FFRR and loved it, it just had something about it. I've 90% made my mind up that the D3 will go in a years time and I'll get a nearly new FFRR. My only concern is how my clients' will view me turning up in the FFRR. I also think as you say the Vogue is the one to go for HSE's without satnav and lower spec seats aren't worth it.

I think it's worth noting that the argument for buying a used FFRR instead of a RRS is different and more compelling than buying a new one. Particularly if you can get the current engine and trim. There’s no escaping the fact that what you drive does (correctly or otherwise) say something about you and these days just driving a 4x4 is making fairly bold statement.

As for image, of course the Range Rover badge adds value to the Sport. A colleague’s similarly specced and priced LR3 lost an additional 3000 pounds over 18 months in comparison with my RRS when he came to trade it. The RRS may be the ‘IT’ of the moment and I don’t mind saying that if another car absolutely trounces it in the future I’ll be taking a close look at that too. For now, however, I love my RRS but I’m not such a LR fan that I’ll buy them in future without first eyeing the competition. Long may the RRS be the class leader that it is. Driving - TDV8 HSE in Stornaway / Ebony / Brunel
Sold - 56 TDV8 HSE in Java Black EBONY/RHODIUM/PRIVACY GLASS
Sold - 05 TDV6 HSE BONATTI/BLACK/RHODIUM 20''STORMERS, PTI AND FACTORY TINT.

Post #65438 Wed Nov 08 2006 2:26pm
M@verik

Wise - and serious -words mate, personalchoicetabulous 11 XFR

Post #65447 Wed Nov 08 2006 3:12pm
Pelyma

England 

M@verik wrote:
Wise - and serious -words mate, personalchoicetabulous

You been drinking????? I'm off to Dorset now to do some w&*k Sad

Post #65451 Wed Nov 08 2006 3:29pm
Tim in Scotland

Anybody for a FFRR S/C in Tonga with Privacy............... 18 months old and 24500 miles? Seriously tempted as an alternative to a new RRS TDv8, and it's the same price +/- a little bit!! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #65473 Wed Nov 08 2006 6:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>