RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Which Engine SDV6 / SDV6 Hybrid / SDV8 / V8 Supercharged
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

GJW1

United Kingdom 

I'm happy with that then I think the SC would be the only one to choose for me other than sticking with the sdv6 and get used to it.

It doesn't seem many people have the hybrid from what I've seen for sale so I guess it's not that great in the uk maybe someone on here with it could advise how good it is or isn't ?

I would try to drive the variants but it seems dealers don't tend to stock anything up this way with anything other than the sdv6 or sdv8 so it's hard to choose without the help of other owners for feedback.

Post #477766 Sun Oct 25 2015 7:20pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I think the reason for the Hybrid being rare as hens teeth in the UK is that here it is a bit pointless, the range is less than 1 mile on battery and the cost is huge. If you live in London I suppose there is the added benefit of not paying congestion charge, but then there are much better hybrids for inner city driving than a hybrid Range Rover Sport and they mostly cost a lot less too 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #477770 Sun Oct 25 2015 7:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

I drove all 3 before putting pen to paper. I only do around 7k miles per year and as most of my driving is motorway driving, mine has averaged just over 22mpg since I have had it. But as some have already mentioned a 7 mile drive through the middle of London in traffic or when pressing hard on B roads it comes down to around 11mpg.

But the 2 things that made my decision for me was the sheer acceleration of the SC and its soundtrack Thumbs Up

Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #477835 Mon Oct 26 2015 12:40pm
Renaco

Germany 

GJW1 wrote:
I'm happy with that then I think the SC would be the only one to choose for me other than sticking with the sdv6 and get used to it.

It doesn't seem many people have the hybrid from what I've seen for sale so I guess it's not that great in the uk maybe someone on here with it could advise how good it is or isn't ?

I would try to drive the variants but it seems dealers don't tend to stock anything up this way with anything other than the sdv6 or sdv8 so it's hard to choose without the help of other owners for feedback.

Seems you dosent read my posts.
I wrote several times, the Hybrid is the best diesel RRS in the dayli use. Best torque from 0, better balanced than the sdv8 and coolest badge... Laughing

So for me, its the only Option for an L494 the SC V8 or the Hybrid. The SDV6 is good, but less impressive to drive, the SDV8 good but to unbalanced because of the heavier Engine.

Post #477892 Mon Oct 26 2015 7:39pm
parish

United Kingdom 

Renaco, assuming it's the hybrid you own, what real life mpg are you getting ?

Post #477897 Mon Oct 26 2015 7:48pm
EVO1

France 

I have a Hybride autobiography Dynamic and I'm very happy with. Smooth and fast.

Average fuel is 33MPG (UK) 2019 Lamborghini Urus ordered
2018 SVR ordered canceled
2017 SVR Carbon Edition 1of40
2015 RRS SDV6 Hybride Autobiography Dynamic
2006 RRS TDV6 HSE Black

Post #477901 Mon Oct 26 2015 8:09pm
Renaco

Germany 

sorry, mpg I am not used to, the Hybrid is between 7.5 to 9.5 Liters/ per 100 km.
Average 8.5 in real live, in a Converter to mpg thats 27.67.

Please mind, we have no Speed Limit at the Highways and I Drive 50.000 km per year. Use all possibilites, top-speed very often aus i go sometimes 800km a day, City Traffic and 5% offroad.

My Dream would be a SCV8 Plug-In-Hybrid, best Engine for the Highways, best Sound and the ev-mode to get the Electric Ride for the cities... Thumbs Up

Post #477902 Mon Oct 26 2015 8:09pm
parish

United Kingdom 

Thanks Renaco (and EVO). Apart from the economy not providing any payback on the extra cost of the hybrid engine, I think LR miss a trick in not offering the it as a choice below AB variant level (in the UK anyway). That unfortunately makes it just too expensive for a lot of buyers I think.

Post #477904 Mon Oct 26 2015 8:17pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Hi Renacoi did see your post thanks. I thought with its battery it might work on its own for a while longer than 1 mile that kind of doesn't seem right even for such a heavy car.

It's going to be the sdv6 again or go for the sc for me I just need to justify it to myself that it's worth the extra to me not only the price but the economy of around 12 to 16mpg as my sdv6 only does 25 average on a tank I expect the sc is half from the feedback.

Post #477912 Mon Oct 26 2015 9:15pm
mikef

United Kingdom 
Re: Which Engine SDV6 / SDV6 Hybrid / SDV8 / V8 Supercharged

Quote:
Having driven the SDV6 i have for a couple of weeks the Lag or inability for the car to know which gear to be when coming to a roundabout which is widely reported i dont know if i can live with it or on my new build pay the extra £6.5k for one of the other engines.

You are right to be concerned about the lag on the SDV6 engine when attempting to pull on to a roundabout because its a definite characteristic of the car although IMHO its not a problem with the engine but with the ZF 8 speed gearbox which exhibits a similar trait in other cars I've driven which have been fitted with it. FWIW I got my SDV6 remapped and that masks the throttle lag a bit but certainly doesn't eradicate it. You do learn to drive around it but it shouldn't be there in a car costing so much

Post #477932 Mon Oct 26 2015 10:56pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Re the lag on the v6, is that why the horse power has been slightly improved in the new model? (he says hopefully)..

Post #478021 Tue Oct 27 2015 11:07pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Nope as mine is the MY16 so the latest car it's not a deal breaker on he car it's just borderline for me at the moment on whether I can live with it or order the sc instead which as people have said doesn't have it or infact I haven't seen any of the other engines report the problem only SDV6 owners seem to have it. As above If it's gearbox related then I don't get why the other options are ok with the same box.

I dont yet have the answer so can't help much Exclamation

Post #478024 Tue Oct 27 2015 11:14pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

I test drove it and did'nt come across anything untoward if I'm being honest. I am trying hard to tame the boy racer within (I'm 50 Neutral ), that might have something to do with it..

Post #478028 Tue Oct 27 2015 11:26pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

It's not all the time borrow one for a couple of days you will feel it a few times depending on driving style I'm sure. It's not a deal breaker as I say though.

It's like the car is in the 3rd or 4th when approaching a roundabout. The roundabout is then clear so you don't need to stop so you goto accelerate but the car should be in 2nd but it isn't so has no power a second later whilst your a sitting duck it changes gear and then off you go again with more acceleration than you wanted as you have put your foot down to compensate for the shock of seeing approaching cars.

Post #478031 Tue Oct 27 2015 11:34pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

Christ, from a 911 to a sitting duck Rolling with laughter

Post #478033 Tue Oct 27 2015 11:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>