RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Used SVR's, beware
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Used SVR's, beware

It appears that the spectulators and non-franchise outlets have been ordering up SVR's posing as private customers at dealerships to sell on at over list prices. Have heard today of an SVR that is doing the rounds and so far has had 3 or 4 owners listed on it's V5 and only has a very small number of miles recorded on the odo. I you are looking at a used one from one of the high end car resellers then ask to see the V5 and check out how many previous owners there are, you might be in for a surprise for such a new car to have so many previous owners! It also seems that speccing one in any other colour than Estoril kills the resale value................. and Yulong White is to be avoided at all costs. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #474325 Sat Sep 26 2015 5:24pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
foxtrotzulu

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

I'm a little surprised that the number of previous owners doesn't kill the profit they were hoping to make and I would have thought that, if the scheme was working, they would have had an end buyer lined up before it is even registered.

Also surprised about the colours. I can understand the white not being popular as I think it's a an unattractive colour for any vehicle, except a caravan, but I do know that's very much a personal choice. Estonia blue is very bright and therefore rather niche. I have was a spectulator [sic] then I would just stick with black. Not my favourite, but seems the most popular colour.

Post #474332 Sat Sep 26 2015 5:41pm
foxtrotzulu

Blimey - shows how wrong I can be. Just looked at new/nearly new SVR's on Autotrader and 50% of them are estoril. I guess it's a bit like a red car. Deeply unpopular with most people, but essential if you have a Ferrari. Very Happy

Post #474333 Sat Sep 26 2015 5:46pm
Tim in Scotland

Apparrantly LR dealers had to do quite a bit of "due diligence" with SVR customers to ensure that resellers and spectulators didn't order them just to sell on with "delivery miles". I think lots of people want Estoril purely because if you know your RRS's you know what it is, I would think that a black one would be a bit of a "stealth" car blending in with all the lesser RRS's in Santorini Black. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #474334 Sat Sep 26 2015 5:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hodog16

United States 

Interesting. Yes I imagine the popularity is the exclusivity of the color.

I believe in buying what you want and not worrying about the next owner. Very Happy 2016 SCV8 Dynamic - Firenze Red/Pimento

Post #474365 Sat Sep 26 2015 9:11pm
foxtrotzulu

Interesting, because if you look at Autotrader Estoril isn't remotely exclusive.

Post #474367 Sat Sep 26 2015 9:27pm
Hodog16

United States 

Sorry, I meant an SVR exclusive color. Just as was said before if you see an Estoril blue RRS you know what it is. If they made bright yellow an SVR color you bet people would order it just because of that fact. 2016 SCV8 Dynamic - Firenze Red/Pimento

Post #474387 Sat Sep 26 2015 10:29pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

I can imagine there would be howls of protest if LR ever decided to make Estoril more widely available. I bought it because it almost exactly matches the Aqua Blue of one of my 911s and I realised my original choice of Firenze is an awful lot of red for an RRS, though I loved it on my Evoque. Before Estoril was announced, I was tending towards Indus and I wonder if any of those have been built.

It's strange how fashions change. 10-15 years ago, something like 50% of Mercedes were silver, 20% black with white being popular in the Middle East and Japan. Now, 50% of them are black and white is the new silver and I imagine it's similar for other vendors.

Certainly, here in Germany and Austria, the dominance of black cars is very striking and in a quick count I did in the underground car park of my hotel while I was waiting for someone a few days ago, around 60% were black. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #474414 Sun Sep 27 2015 4:36am
foxtrotzulu

Black seems to have become far more popular, doesn't it? The vast majority of Disco 3's are black. No idea why as it isn't a particularly practical colour and I always think that a black Mercedes looks like the chap driving it must be the chauffeur. White in the Middle East makes practical sense, although less s now that A/C is better. Personally, I always think that white cars tend to look rather cheap, but certain colours do work with vcertain cars. If you have a Fiat 500 or a Mini then a colour like red is easier to get away with than it would be on a Disco. An extrovert in a Ford Ka is a different concept than an extrovert in a Bentley Mulsanne.

Post #474417 Sun Sep 27 2015 7:00am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Well for me i would have a nice Black SVR. Very Happy SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #474457 Sun Sep 27 2015 12:06pm
Tim in Scotland

If I could ever afford an SVR then I would let everyone know I had a rather special RRS and have the SVO treatment and treat myself to something like Pheonix Orange or an iridescent blue from the Autobiograpghy paints.......... Sicillian Lemon didn't suit Evoque when LR made the one and only main stream Special edition (I'm not counting the Beckham Special Editions as there are only 3 of them in the UK) and I don't think lemon yellowwould suit RRS either............. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #474482 Sun Sep 27 2015 4:42pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I was offereed an Estoril SVR today at list from a main dealer! Seems like the bubble is nearly burst...just the same way the BMW i8 bubble has burst...

Post #474626 Mon Sep 28 2015 9:07pm
forest172

United Kingdom 

I'd noticed i8's are now in the late 80's

Post #474635 Mon Sep 28 2015 9:37pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

My neighbour just picked up a white i8 for £82k in a pvt sale! Was £110k list 10 months ago! Crazy to think these commanded a £20k premium!

Post #474648 Mon Sep 28 2015 10:06pm
forest172

United Kingdom 

Crikey somebody took a bath on that.

Coming from a f10 m5 and now having a my15 HSE which I think is brilliant. I'm sure a SVR would tick all the boxes. Would have to be the blue though Cool

Post #474651 Mon Sep 28 2015 10:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1