RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Anyone else had the kvm recall yet?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Farmer Chalk

Anyone else had the kvm recall yet?

My 2015 RRS has gone in today for its first service....whilst it was there I've also asked them to amend the fuel tank bonk problem and facilitate the KVM module software update.....was expecting the car back this evening but dealer has told me I won't be getting the car back until Monday evening....anyone else had the recall done yet? Does it really take that long?

Post #474267 Fri Sep 25 2015 11:40pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Dealers service bays are snowed under with delivery of cars that have had their handover stopped by LR for the last month pending technical issues with Ingenium engines in Evoque, XE & XF Jaguars and DiscoSport that then got released for hand over in the last couple of days. I was in LPR yesterday and their forecourt was chockabloc with 65 plate cars waiting to be collected. So your car may be in purely because the dealer has't enough computer facilities while they prepare new cars for handover before the end of month and end of quarter bonuses 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #474276 Sat Sep 26 2015 7:44am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Farmer Chalk

That makes sense...dealer was mentally busy with cars everywhere...took them six weeks to even find me the next slot let alone deal with the above....
I was just wondering whether everyone with a 494 had received the kvm recall as there hasn't been much chatter about it on here..... Very Happy

Post #474281 Sat Sep 26 2015 8:26am
Violetpiano

United Kingdom 

Can you help the uneducated here please.......what is the KVM module software?

Thanks
Jas Current RRS: MY18 SVR
Previous RRS: MY15 RRS 5.0L Autobiography

Post #474286 Sat Sep 26 2015 8:57am
malcolmw

United Kingdom 

Hmmm...

Mass reprogramming of new Ingenium Diesel engines before customers get them? Am I right in thinking that this uses urea injection like the VW engine now in question in the USA? Regards

Malcolm

Post #474292 Sat Sep 26 2015 9:39am
Farmer Chalk

It's the keyless vehicle module....this is the module that detects your presence and opens the doors....however the thieves have sussed a way around the system and they can code new keys to the vehicle. Which unfortunately allows them to drive off in your pride and joy in less than 30 seconds.... What the software does, the way I understand it, is blank off the ability to add additional keys to the vehicle.
About two weeks ago I received a vehicle recall notice from JLR stating it had been identified a vehicle safety problem relating to the locking of the doors....suggesting they may open when not asked to therefore causing a safety issue... They have suggested changing the vehicle KVM.....

Spookily this is exactly the item causing the issue with theft....I may be being over cynical and this may be the real reason for replacement. But my car is now at the dealers having the KVM and or its software changed. This will stop the ability to add new keys to the vehicle...hence the thieves cannot add a key to your car and drive off with it... All of the 2016 cars have this done at factory but my 64 plate is using the old system.

Has anyone else at all received the safety recall? If you are a London dweller then I would be chasing this update to be done ASAP as theft rates of RRS's in town is high...all of these are keyless thefts!

Post #474293 Sat Sep 26 2015 9:48am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

malcolmw wrote:
Hmmm...

Mass reprogramming of new Ingenium Diesel engines before customers get them? Am I right in thinking that this uses urea injection like the VW engine now in question in the USA?

I believe the VW diesel engines at issue were the ones used before they introduced Adblue. Plus the Ingenium is not in the 'Sport yet. 

Post #474296 Sat Sep 26 2015 9:56am
whippetman

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Re: Anyone else had the kvm recall yet?

Farmer Chalk wrote:
My 2015 RRS has gone in today for its first service....whilst it was there I've also asked them to amend the fuel tank bonk problem and facilitate the KVM module software update.....was expecting the car back this evening but dealer has told me I won't be getting the car back until Monday evening....anyone else had the recall done yet? Does it really take that long?

My recall letter says work takes approx one hour😎

Post #474308 Sat Sep 26 2015 2:32pm
foxtrotzulu

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Dealers service bays are snowed under with delivery of cars that have had their handover stopped by LR for the last month pending technical issues with Ingenium engines in Evoque, XE & XF Jaguars and DiscoSport that then got released for hand over in the last couple of days.
I think the Disco 3 detachable towbar issue recall has also added to the workload

Post #474309 Sat Sep 26 2015 2:49pm
Nowaytk

England 

Got my "safety related recall" letter today, says the software download and if required replace the KVM should take between 20 to 45 mins although may take longer due to your authorised repairers schedule 2015 HSE SDV6 Scotia Grey, ebony / lunar, colour coded, deployable steps, TV, sliding pano and a few other bits. Now gone
2018 Velar R-Dynamic HSE sdv6 silicon silver

Post #474354 Sat Sep 26 2015 7:46pm
top0cat

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Had the KVM update done at the beginning of Sept while car was in for service! All went fine and was told it only needed a software update and not a full module replacement which apparently some do!

Post #474546 Mon Sep 28 2015 7:11am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I got mine this weekend and called to book an appointment to get it sorted. First dealer said they would call back within 15 mins as all lines were busy but no one called back (Burnham Land Rover Slough)second dealer (Park Royal) gave me a first appointment on 10th November! SO much for a safety recall if they can't even see car's for another month! Evil or Very Mad

Post #474567 Mon Sep 28 2015 12:17pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Mine is MY 2015 and so far no letter from LR. Is this issue VIN/age related? I believe that there is a software upgrade AND a safety recall due to some cars having doors that can open without the driver/passenger operating the door lever when the car is in motion........... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #474570 Mon Sep 28 2015 12:46pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Mine had the software updated and the module replaced early in August. From the timing it would seem that it was done as part of the PDI. Dealer didn't inform me this had been done when I collected the vehicle, but discovered it had been done from TOPIx when I logged on to the car's details. LR assign 15 minutes for the software update and 30 minutes for the module change, don't have access to any further detail.

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #474602 Mon Sep 28 2015 6:30pm
Farmer Chalk

Excellent! Thanks for the replies gents..have been told mine is now complete and I'm picking it up in the morning...
Hopefully all sorted! I guess it was purely down to the volume of vehicles in that they couldn't do mine in time...

Had a Disco Sport for the weekend which I personally hated but the Mrs adored...... Oh no!

Post #474614 Mon Sep 28 2015 8:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>