RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Real world advice TDV6 or TDV8?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

MikeG wrote:

Dont suppose you know if they come with towbar wiring already fitted? I need it for towing sometimes. Hence reason for buying RR. Thumbs Up

No, tow electrics isn't standard but is a relatively straight forward addition. You'll need a tow bar too but these come up for sale quite frequently. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #465777 Fri Jun 26 2015 8:46am
MikeG

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HST Santorini Black

RRSTDV8, just looking at the parts youve needed to replace, I ant believe ive bought into this sort of thing. Are they really that bad? OMG

Post #465779 Fri Jun 26 2015 8:57am
myfirstrrs

United Kingdom 

It's a combination of how well the car has been looked after, how lucky you are and how good your warranty is. Many owners have few issues but some are very unlucky and lots goes wrong. Remember that those most likely to announce issues on this forum are giving us bad news.

I've had my 2010 TDV8 since April 2014 and everything that mine has needed has been covered under warranty.

The car is amazing though, the power is so smooth and goes on and on. Not many cars of this size can pick up so well at 80 mph (German autobahn of course).

Post #465780 Fri Jun 26 2015 9:25am
MikeG

thanks for trying to put my mind at ease.

well ive got 12 months comprehensive warranty but I still dont wish to own a car that is going to give me lots of problems. especially as ive just traded in a 1 yr old car with lifetime full warranty for it. Smile

44k miles on the clock and it looks like its been looked after. Paintwork is immaculate. interior virtually unmarked. Only problem is, its one lady owner. Call me cynical but that to me isnt a selling point. haha. (not sexist by the way, just joking)

I dont mind cars needing small things doing, I will even be doing oil changes every 5k miles as thats what I have always done on my cars and never had issues. Just hoping this all turns out good.

watch this space. Rolling Eyes

Post #465781 Fri Jun 26 2015 9:32am
myfirstrrs

United Kingdom 

...and this forum is a mine of information. Any squeak, rattle or warning has some kind of an answer, mostly relevant and useful.

Post #465782 Fri Jun 26 2015 9:34am
MikeG

i think finding this forum is whats scared me the most Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #465783 Fri Jun 26 2015 9:35am
Stecla

England 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Me too! Have owned the same car as you for 2 weeks and it's been in for warranty work due to water in the tyre and now the front brakes are overheating (think the brakes may be stuck). I've had more garage visits outside of service in 2 weeks than the last 23 yrs. love the car though, and am sure once these initial bits are sorted it'll be fine as it has a good history etc.

Post #465785 Fri Jun 26 2015 9:56am
MikeG

well ill be sure to let you know my experiences from 2pm onwards. Dealer has assured me the things I wanted sorted have been done. Good job i dont need the car for work. And i have Breakdown cover lol

Post #465788 Fri Jun 26 2015 10:05am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

rhenus132 wrote:
Disco_Mikey wrote:
The V6 can be tuned to be as quick as the V8 is standard.
But a decent remap transforms the V6 into what it should have been from the factory

But then the V8 can be mapped to 320bhp...

My V6 certainly isn't slow, and has surprised many hot hatches Whistle

What do you mean? I have a TDV6 too...how to make it faster and more than 200km/h Laughing Shocked Razz

Mikey's D3 is remapped with an uprated intecooler, de-cat pipe and perfomance exhaust (plus blanked EGRs).

Mine also has the remap and intercooler, blanked EGRs and I have a de-cat pipe waiting which will be fitted soon.

Top speed is a different matter and would need the speed limiter raising/removing. Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #465789 Fri Jun 26 2015 10:09am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

MikeG wrote:
RRSTDV8, just looking at the parts youve needed to replace, I ant believe ive bought into this sort of thing. Are they really that bad? OMG

Most of those things, certainly the big ticket items, were covered by LR's extended warranty.

Sadly, I think I'm having to pick up the pieces of a previous owner's lack of care. That and a pi@@ poor dealership who, I'm convinced, have been part of the problem.

The fact that I've kept it for nearly 4 years tells you how these vehicles get under your skin... Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #465821 Fri Jun 26 2015 2:49pm
MikeG

well the drive home went great, except I got out of the car, went to post office to tax it, got back in and after starting it, the menu screen went fuzzy with just lines showing like a lost tv signal. After stopping for fuel and filling up and restarting it is ok again. Im guessing its just a niggle with these things. I was upset to find I dont appear to have bluetooth for my phone though Sad Need to look through manual.

Post #465829 Fri Jun 26 2015 4:52pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Blutooth can be retro fitted and enabled. Let me know if you want more info. Thumbs Up

Do you have the red/green button on the steering wheel RH side?
Search for the car with the phone first. If it finds it, then its 2121 for the code. Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #465830 Fri Jun 26 2015 4:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MikeG

Thanks Bodsy. Just hooked it up via bluetooth Smile Result. All I need to sort now is how to set the memory in the drivers seat. Feel like a contortionist every time I climb in lol

Post #465832 Fri Jun 26 2015 5:13pm
Stecla

England 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Yep, mine looked like it didn't have it as it said phone not fitted, but as said let the phone find that car and it should be fine mate

Post #465833 Fri Jun 26 2015 5:14pm
dangerboy

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

MikeG wrote:
well the drive home went great, except I got out of the car, went to post office to tax it, got back in and after starting it, the menu screen went fuzzy with just lines showing like a lost tv signal. After stopping for fuel and filling up and restarting it is ok again. Im guessing its just a niggle with these things. I was upset to find I dont appear to have bluetooth for my phone though Sad Need to look through manual.

Lol Mr. Green Glad you got it mate, and got the bluetooth sorted. Could just be dodgy connection to the lcd, might be if the car has been valeted or sitting and has got damp.

However this car doesn't exist until I see photo's Thumbs Up

Have Fun!

Post #465842 Fri Jun 26 2015 6:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>