RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > 07 model year sat nav on the move [ question ]
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Tonser - Do keep us posted on this development. We had our TDV6 in for a 1,500 km check today and asked about retro-fitting the motorised hatch latching mechanism...dealer does not know yet as he has not received any MY07 cars yet.

BTW - he loved the Tasmods...had never seen them in Belgium before. 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #61802 Thu Oct 12 2006 2:01pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I'm sure the TV will switch off after a particular speed too. This is what happens with BMW systems... although you are actually allowed to listen to the TV sound, just not view the pic.

LR have never updated their Satnav mapping data as far as I'm aware, certainly not for the RRS. The car software updates are all dealer-install and are uploaded via their diagnostic systems (the name of which escapes me right now). 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #61837 Thu Oct 12 2006 2:55pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

LR diagnostic system 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #61839 Thu Oct 12 2006 2:59pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Very good Rolling Eyes 

Post #61840 Thu Oct 12 2006 3:01pm
bkehoe

Ireland 

shmoogle wrote:

LR have never updated their Satnav mapping data as far as I'm aware, certainly not for the RRS. The car software updates are all dealer-install and are uploaded via their diagnostic systems (the name of which escapes me right now).

There have been two updates to the mapping data. The latest disc, part number YIW500200 upgrades the firmware in the satnav unit and features far better mapping data in Ireland than the previous ones.

Post #62152 Sat Oct 14 2006 4:28pm
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Remember that 06 model year can use Sat Nav on the move if they press the "hidden button" and enter the relevant code. I use that regularly now and it works a treat. The instructions on how to do this was in a posting a month or so ago..... RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #62169 Sat Oct 14 2006 8:47pm
DSL

United Kingdom 

Unfortunately this seems to be lost on the D3s with the updated disc. Are RRS nav systems the same?? It seems that the loss of the 1791 is permanent even if the old disc is put back in the box as software has been upgraded. If different for RRSs, would love to hear.

Post #62172 Sat Oct 14 2006 9:13pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

bkehoe wrote:
shmoogle wrote:

There have been two updates to the mapping data. The latest disc, part number YIW500200 upgrades the firmware in the satnav unit and features far better mapping data in Ireland than the previous ones.

Hmm... news to us Wink Is this for the RRS or the D3? Do you get an Ireland specific disc, or is it the same that we have in the UK/Europe?

Re the disappearance of the 1791 capability, I suppose it's a loophole they've decided to close. An odd decision, given they've decided to allow it on MY07 cars. Confused 

Post #62174 Sat Oct 14 2006 10:21pm
bkehoe

Ireland 

It's for the D3 and the RRS.

It's the standard European DVD.

My D3 came with YIW500012, then I got YIW500013 (which came available this time last year I think), both of which I've seen in Sports at my local dealers, and now YIW500200 is out.

After the firmware update the intro screen (when you press Agree), has changed - seems to indicate that it's now possible to enter destinations on the move, though I still can't actually do it.

Post #62210 Sun Oct 15 2006 11:11am
MDP

United Kingdom 

This is all interesting - I will refer to my dealer when my car goes in for its 1st service on 30/10/2006 - they are already aware I want to be able to uprade the software to the 2007 equivolent.

I will also see if it's possible to get the passenger window switch upgraded/replace as well to the "one touch" = same as drivers side? 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #62295 Mon Oct 16 2006 12:21am
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Uh oh. If the 1791 hack code were to be wiped out upon loading a newer version of the DVD satnav data disc, it would really suck (for us in North America.) Unlike Europe, in NA there are no plans for enabling nav on the move in MY2007, thanks to our wonderful lawyers. So, if a similar disc were to become available for North America (in new RRSs and as an update for older versions), we would just get screwed. Sad 

Post #62365 Mon Oct 16 2006 6:49pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

What's the bet that this anti hack enhancement is due to us! Evil or Very Mad 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #62366 Mon Oct 16 2006 7:30pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

You may be right. I guess we would be royally screwed, then. Laughing

Until we find out for sure if that's our fate, I am not upgrading my data disc to the latest version (something I planned on doing after over a year of ownership), whatever that version may be in the US. 07s are a few weeks away here, LRNA is still selling off leftover 06 stock through its dealers, so it may take some time to find out if 1791 is really going Ciao Ciao in newer NA-spec Sports. 

Post #62373 Mon Oct 16 2006 9:37pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Going back to speed input ...... there must be an input for speed and heading taken from a remote pickup in the system otherwise the machine would not be able to cope with driving through tunnels and underpasses where there is no GPS signal. My LR Nav system in the Freelander had a very sophisticated electronic compass and a speed sensor somewhere (magnets on the propshaft?). This also enabled it to pick up satellites very quickly when it was back into full "view" of the GPS system. You also loose GPS when you go into densely wooded areas, and near to tall buildings and this dead reckoning facility helps keep the system more accurate. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #62887 Thu Oct 19 2006 10:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Looks like there might be a light at the end of the tunnel (sorry Tim Wink )

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post95530.html#95530 Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #62888 Thu Oct 19 2006 10:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>