RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > New here and to Range Rovers!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

a3lkx

2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Santorini Black
New here and to Range Rovers!

Hi fellow members.

I am new to this forum and indeed range rovers. I have just recently last week purchased a 2006 range rover sport v8 4.4 supercharged. I have wanted one for a while now and one came up within my budget. Smile So far so good, I like it. Please bare with me and forgive my ignorance and please assume I have no idea what your talking about and post in lame terms Smile

So, just today I got in to drive away and the car seems to be lob sided on passenger side and the message on the computer says suspension raising slowly? but doesn't rise? Can any one shed some light on this for me please, is it a setting I have change as I was messing with all the buttons and settings the day before. Car starts fine as in not sluggish or hesitant. Also for future reference where's the best place to buy spares as in service kits and upgrades. is there also a online manual to consult for servicing etc. Also just had a look under the car to see what it was slopped to one side and realised there is no spare Sad

Thanks in advance.

Post #448066 Sat Jan 10 2015 8:27pm
PEACHY

England 

Thumbs Up welcome to the forum - there are 2 petrol versions for that MY - the 4.2 which is the Supercharged & the 4.4 V8 petrol - which do you have ??

Unfortunately many members have been victims of spare wheel thefts - me included - did you purchase the vehicle private or from a stealership Rolling Eyes

You could have air suspension problems most likely the compressor or leak on one airbag Big Cry

Is the compressor noisy - it is positioned under the Sport just in front of the passenger rear wheel this is a sure sign of a failing EAS.

Good luck Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #448072 Sat Jan 10 2015 9:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BKHK

Australia 

As Peachy says, your spare was probably nicked at some point and your suspension has a leak or needs a new compressor.

Have you had any Range Rover before? They are not cheap to run and we are not talking about petrol, tax and insurance but maintenance, servicing and spare parts.

If I were you I would take your RRS back to where you bought it from and get those items fixed by the dealer at their cost. You are at least up for a few hundred quid at this stage.

Post #448090 Sat Jan 10 2015 11:02pm
a3lkx

Thanks for the reply guys. i have the 4.2 v8 supercharged. I purchased privately Sad I can't hear the compressor at all? The drivers side seems level and the whole passenger side is lower. This is my first range rover ever, infact is my first MPV. Is there anywhere in Liverpool you guys would recommend for me to take the car. I don't fancy the dealers! Also is the car still safe to drive even though its sloped, not for daily use but to transport it to the garage. Whats involved in replacing or fixing the compressor? if its a leak I would hear the compressor right? I've had a quick look on the forum and seem that the battery can cause some weird problems. Started it up this morning and now the airbag light is on? Sad

Thanks again guys

Post #448109 Sun Jan 11 2015 12:38pm
FatJoe

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HST Java Black

Im no technical expert and Im new to to these beasts myself. Im not saying this might be the right way to diagnose faulty suspension so try things out for yourself however...

first thing I'd do is start the motor and try selecting the extended suspension height. I.e the suspension button (up). What happens? Do you hear the compressor working? Does the suspension both sides go up or just one side? Or nothing at all?

If nothing at all happens it could be the compressor or like you say possibly power not going to the compressor? Im no expert so I'd have to search the forum myself in which I can probably guarantee this has all been discussed before as suspension is quite a hot topic.

Search the forum for things like 'suspension compressor' 'suspension not raising' 'air suspension leak' etc etc. You may find a lot of info that way alternatively later on today or during this week you'll find some experts will start commenting and helping you out.

In terms of driving I wouldn't say it will kill you but Im guessing the suspension on the left is om the bump stops or in 'access mode' which will make the ride very harsh. May not break anything but won't be very enjoyable to drive.

Try playing around with the suspension buttons see what happens and let us know.

Post #448110 Sun Jan 11 2015 1:00pm
a3lkx

Thanks Joe

Just tried all the suggestions. Started the car it does all the checks and everything is fine apart from the suspension warning message. Even when pressing the suspension button or selecting a different terrain the same message is displayed. I got out the car to see if I could hear the compressor and I can't hear anything. Ive had a quick look through the forum for some info and they all seem to point to the compressor. Is there garage in liverpool I can take this to to have done rather than the dealers. Or can someone tell me whats needed and involved so I can have a look at doing it myself.

Post #448111 Sun Jan 11 2015 1:13pm
PEACHY

England 

There is a site sponsor called Flack - nothing but praise for the guy on here - look him up & send him a pm he lives in Preston & services the surrounding areas - he will - if available should advise if not sort the issues Thumbs Up

If the Sport is in low - access mode & will not raise via the button I would only recommend driving to the garage - what happens when you drive over a certain speed - does it rise back to normal height ( this is a preset process ) the trouble with riding in low mode who knows what damage is being done to already very sensitive consumables ( everybody replaces suspension parts eventually ) don't get disheartened most of us go through this Censored

Head up Thumbs Up 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #448114 Sun Jan 11 2015 1:53pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
a3lkx

Thanks Peachy

Ill look him up Smile I have only drove it off the drive to see if it raises but it doesn't. Sad Preston is a bit far for me to drive.

Post #448124 Sun Jan 11 2015 4:05pm
FatJoe

In order for the suspension to rise automatically whilst driving I think you have to be driving over 20mph.

Also if your getting out of the car to test the suspension you have to make sure all doors are closed else it wont work. To do this put key in ignition, turn on, put window down, get out and close door then select the suspension button through the window and see if you can here the compressor which is over on passenger side near real wheel arch.

Try pressing down and up on the suspension.

Also if I was you, I'd call the guy you purchased it off, act a little dumb and ask him how to get the suspension to go back up. See what he says, you'll soon work out if he's B'Shhhng you. Not that it would do anything but I'd like to see the guy get uncomfortable about it!

Post #448126 Sun Jan 11 2015 4:30pm
a3lkx

Ok just done as Joe advised. Got in started the car, windows down, got out raised and lowered the suspension. I heard the compressor kick in for around 10-15 secs, it was very loud. The car didn't move at all on both sides and same message remains. Spoke to the guy I bought it from and he said he's not had any problems with it all? seemed to be genuine but I could be wrong. I guess its just unlucky?

So looking at a new compressor I guess. Still looking for someone local so I can drive it to them.

Post #448135 Sun Jan 11 2015 6:00pm
baxc

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Where abouts in liverpool are you

Post #448136 Sun Jan 11 2015 6:13pm
a3lkx

crosby Smile

Post #448138 Sun Jan 11 2015 6:27pm
baxc

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Ok i use a place called magull 4x4 not to far from you sefton meadows ind est, his name is vince tell him craig sent you Thumbs Up

Post #448139 Sun Jan 11 2015 6:39pm
FatJoe

Just a thought but could it be 2 unlucky leaky bags on the one side rather than compressor? Maybe someone else will let us know.

So the side that sits at a nice level are you saying that side doesn't move at all either? Both sides sit completely still?

Post #448141 Sun Jan 11 2015 7:09pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Did it work ok when you bought it? If so, sounds like you're just unlucky and the compressor was tired and has finally given up the ghost.

Really needs fault codes checked. As it's failing to lift on one side then it's unlikely to be the valve blocks as that would require front and rear blocks to fail in the same way which would be very unlucky. Likewise a leak in the air struts - unless the previous owner has been driving around a developing problem for a while. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #448146 Sun Jan 11 2015 7:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>