RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Rear passenger door won't open ?!?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Farmer Chalk

The door lock is a complete unit…it comes with two little motors….some will swap the motors over but I think for all the faff involved it’s not worth it….

If you are going to do the job yourself plan for 3-4 hours for your first one…. You need the hands of a gynaecologist because you have to release the door locking cables inside the door….

You need Torx drivers to release the locks and need to release the window from the window winder….I

If you are rich pay for someone to do it….if you want to look after the pennies do it yourself but take your time….the cables clip into the door lock and need to be carefully released with a pick…don’t try and force them with a screwdriver otherwise you’ll bust them….
The FL2 you tube video is probably the best…

Post #615098 Wed Jun 23 2021 8:07pm
Farmer Chalk

Post #615099 Wed Jun 23 2021 8:08pm
Ash3

United Kingdom 

Cheers again..
Very useful informative vid, I've watched a couple of other ones on removing the door card.

But the problem I have is I cannot open the door at all. The door remains locked, the other 3 lock/unlock but the offside rear will not...

Trying to search on how to get it open. Tried thevtrick of holding inside door unlock jandle in the open position and pressing the global unlock button on drivers door but it does not work
Big Cry

Post #615101 Wed Jun 23 2021 8:33pm
Farmer Chalk

It may be worth trying to get someone to bounce the outside door handle at the same time….

Good luck…

Post #615102 Wed Jun 23 2021 8:45pm
Farmer Chalk

This is a really common issue on all late Land Rovers…did one yesterday on daughters FL2..

Couple of photos to show issues…

It helps removing the outside window rubber by carefully undoing the screw inside the door shut.. once you can see the door glass down the hole you can see the two plastic clips holding the window in place…
You can release these clips by sliding two plastic rulers down inside the clip to release the hook from the window glass…then by taping up the glass into the door frame you can release the window motor by powering the glass down…

The lock unit looks like this…

The reason these fail is because of the small motors used to power the internal levers..

These are they…

And this is why they fail…. The motors lose their ability to power the locks …

Post #615213 Sun Jun 27 2021 3:28pm
Ash3

United Kingdom 

Farmer Chalk wrote:
It may be worth trying to get someone to bounce the outside door handle at the same time….

Good luck…

Cheers FarmerChalk

Will give that a try

Post #615216 Sun Jun 27 2021 4:35pm
Farmer Chalk

Had the same issue with daughters car but managed to open it by constantly unlocking it whilst pulling door handle… I think it’s where the motor just doesn’t have the strength to unlock the levers the last little bit…

If you are doing it yourself just take your time particularly with the cables where they clip into the lock mechanism… you need to get a pick and carefully release the plastic clips where they clip into their mountings… do not force them otherwise you will need new cables!

Post #615217 Sun Jun 27 2021 4:48pm
AndyCHO

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Ipanema Sand

Looks like I am going to need to do my Drivers side rear door lock... I did manage to find a way to open the door though.
I tried all the tricks posted before but nothing worked... so in frustration I gave the door handle a little love tap on the outside and low and behold... I could open the door again.
Can anyone confirm the part number I need.. I have found one here in Australia on fleabay with part number LR011302 LR072414 OEM. The add says for Discovery 3/4 and Range Rover sport 2005 - 2013.

Just something else to do on it Smile

Post #622271 Sun Feb 27 2022 5:01am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Do you have keyless entry and keyless/passive start?

Cheers
Col

Post #622272 Sun Feb 27 2022 6:00am
AndyCHO

Push button start and no proximity sensing for lock and unlock.

Post #622273 Sun Feb 27 2022 7:55am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Looks to be the right numbers, only now they seem to have been superseded to LR091360 as well. It does however mention a difference of either single or double locking but not sure what that difference means as thought all Sport's double locked.

Cheers
Col

Post #622291 Sun Feb 27 2022 10:03pm
AndyCHO

Thanks Col.. Obviously the part isnt OEM but I am not overly concerned by that.

Post #622295 Sun Feb 27 2022 11:24pm
AndyCHO

OK.. I have an update to my "faulty" rear passenger door.
I have spent the last week trying at various times to open the door so I could start pulling the door card off etc.
I spent another 45 minutes today frustrated at getting it open and my wife simply asks... "can you not open it from the inside".
I reach through the window and show her that doesnt work.. then I was about to give up and climbed in the backseat to grab something and noticed the lock button on the rear door didnt look right.
Low and behold, somebody (not sure who) has bumped the lock buttin on the interior door handle into the locked position..
Interestingly, you would think that when you unlock the door with the keyfob or the global unlock in the front that would overide that button... but no, it doesnt.
Flick that button to the unlock position and it locks and unlocks, opens and closes perfectly... all without having to change the central locking mechanism.. no doubt I will need to do it at some stage but not right now.
I wonder if anyone else was caught out like this?? Or am I the only dumb one Smile

Post #623297 Sat Apr 02 2022 6:50am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12