RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > [HELP] RRS Sport 2.7 Tuning Box Installation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

karan538

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
[HELP] RRS Sport 2.7 Tuning Box Installation

So I bought a tuning box of eBay from a seller who's sold 50+ and has 100% feedback, customer's also wrote that it worked perfect lalala.

But, I am trying to install the box into my 2008 TDV6 2.7 with the sellers instructions but nothing matches up, the connections look different.

Can anybody help me find the common rail sensor where this box is supposed to connect into ( A 3-Pin connector, all I can see are 2 pin connectors )

Here are some pictures,

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #400681 Thu Oct 31 2013 4:52pm
Dhups

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Hi Karan538

Can't tell you where its fits but I was considering getting one too.

Who did you buy this from on eBay? and how much was it as the price ranges so much I just wasn't sure what to go for.

Thanks

Post #400686 Thu Oct 31 2013 5:27pm
karan538

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIESEL-TUNING-PE...5d26e3bc9b

Delivery was quick, very helpful guy, great seller.

But I still cant find the connector Sad

Post #400691 Thu Oct 31 2013 6:46pm
Dhups

give the guy a call and ask...hopefully he will know. Thumbs Up

Post #400723 Thu Oct 31 2013 10:14pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

On an 08MY, it is on the passenger side (UK car Thumbs Up ) of the engine, on the end of the fuel rail that runs just in front of the injectors.

You can just make it out in the first picture, bottom right hand corner, just behind the white peg for the engine cover. The silver pipe runs over the middle of it in the picture Thumbs Up

Post #400746 Fri Nov 01 2013 7:53am
adigorn

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

you can see you sensor on picture 1 and 3
the end of black tube feeding injectors (the common rail) Wink

Post #400747 Fri Nov 01 2013 7:54am
sparky8181

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Ive looked at these in the past for other vehicles & always decided against it, from what ive read they can cause problems and that you are always better off going for a proper remap.

I would be interested to see how you get on though, keep us informed Thumbs Up MY07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway & Ivory

Mods So Far: Side steps - Smoked Side Repeaters - OEM Style Signature LED Front Lights - LED Side Lights - LED Interior Lighting - 2012 Autobigraphy Style Front Grill & Side Vents - 2012 Rear LED Lights

Planned Mods: Paint My Brembo's - Colour Code Mirrors - Rear Interior Light Mod - GVIF

Post #400753 Fri Nov 01 2013 9:14am
karan538

Found the sensor thanks guys it is a 3 pin connector and is also clear in the instructions, going to install it now will keep you guys informed on performance/fuel consumption

Very Happy

Post #400797 Fri Nov 01 2013 2:22pm
RRSNorway

Norway 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Can't wait to see if this works! Its a good prize for about 228 horses on a sport tdv6 2.7 RRS 2006 2.7 HSE

Post #400815 Fri Nov 01 2013 5:39pm
Dhups

Yes - interested to see too.

There are various options on ebay. But if you then go top their websites the mention that there are different types of chips that have different upgrades levels... so I was never sure Neutral

Post #400818 Fri Nov 01 2013 5:53pm
Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

sparky8181 wrote:
Ive looked at these in the past for other vehicles & always decided against it, from what ive read they can cause problems and that you are always better off going for a proper remap.

I would be interested to see how you get on though, keep us informed Thumbs Up

Be very very careful that it is not the type which simply confuses the ECU by over fuelling to get extra bhp

My wife had a well known tuning chip fitted to her Citroen C Crosser (same engine as the Freelander) and any heavy use of the throttle resulted in the car constantly going into limp mode, needing a short stop to allow the ECU to reset

I would only ever go the remap route in future

Post #400824 Fri Nov 01 2013 6:59pm
karan538

Hi guys,

So after installing I have had a 20min drive to work, I can say that it has made quite a bit off a difference.

Turbo lag as stated has been reduced when foot is down, car feels much more responsive and can feel the pickup in acceleration.

Before installation I was averaging around 20mpg, now with the box its gone slightly upto 22mpg. That is good considering I have the dip switches set up high to performance and may result in higher mpg if you have the box tuned down.

Overall, I think its well worth the £75, you cant go wrong! Thumbs Up

Also I advise if your buying of eBay check the feedback of the product and make sure the box is just not a 'resistor' box or generic as I have seen online, Make sure it is a micro-chip digital based box which is only for the Land Rover as there more specific to your engine

Post #400825 Fri Nov 01 2013 7:06pm
RRSNorway

Norway 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Paulcp wrote:
sparky8181 wrote:

I would be interested to see how you get on though, keep us informed Thumbs Up

Be very very careful that it is not the type which simply confuses the ECU by over fuelling to get extra bhp

My wife had a well known tuning chip fitted to her Citroen C Crosser (same engine as the Freelander) and any heavy use of the throttle resulted in the car constantly going into limp mode, needing a short stop to allow the ECU to reset

I would only ever go the remap route in future

How can you see if this is a safe box or not? RRS 2006 2.7 HSE

Post #400832 Fri Nov 01 2013 7:34pm
Paulcp

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Atacama Sand

TBH I can't help you there. The one I mentioned was of a similar design from a well known company selling for more than double the one purchased by the OP. It also was only set on 3 of the possible 6 switches.

After thinking about the problems which my wife had I concluded (maybe incorrectly!) that any device which merely connects to the electronics of the injectors can only work by either increasing fuel flow or pressure. In some cases there may be sufficient tolerance built in to cope with this but without the ECU being adjusted to monitor turbo boost and air flow it just seems to me that something is not quite right.

I know that plenty of people use them without issues but for me, if you want more power, the only way to is to do it properly and get a remap. I certainly would not put a tuning box on a car which is still within the warranty period.

Post #400833 Fri Nov 01 2013 7:59pm
Dhups

karan538 wrote:
Hi guys,

So after installing I have had a 20min drive to work, I can say that it has made quite a bit off a difference.

Turbo lag as stated has been reduced when foot is down, car feels much more responsive and can feel the pickup in acceleration.

Before installation I was averaging around 20mpg, now with the box its gone slightly upto 22mpg. That is good considering I have the dip switches set up high to performance and may result in higher mpg if you have the box tuned down.

Overall, I think its well worth the £75, you cant go wrong! Thumbs Up

Also I advise if your buying of eBay check the feedback of the product and make sure the box is just not a 'resistor' box or generic as I have seen online, Make sure it is a micro-chip digital based box which is only for the Land Rover as there more specific to your engine

Sounds good will give it a try. Thumbs Up

Just ordered mine should be here by next tueday... will let you know how i get on. Smile

Post #400838 Fri Nov 01 2013 8:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>