RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Guy Salmon LR Northampton
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Guy Salmon LR Northampton

Has anyone here had any dealings with Guy Salmon LR at Northampton since they replaced Hartwells?

Jim

Post #393874 Thu Sep 05 2013 4:03pm
Rowdie

United Kingdom 

Yes plenty of experience and you don’t want to know. !!!

Post #581154 Tue May 21 2019 9:39pm
jim4244

Holy thread resurrections Batman!...... I posted this 6 years ago!

Well after buying 4 new cars from them since my post it is now time to part company. Sadly the Dealer Principle who set the site up for Guy Salmon moved on to the Coventry site around 18 months ago. Since then the Northampton site has gone steadily down hill, with all the “good” sales and service staff leaving, or being pushed, and replaced with the new DP’s golfing and drinking buddies.......

If you want to look at your options when it comes to your next Land Rover / Range Rover purchase I would suggest that you contact “Adam” at Guy Salmon Coventry. He is a cracking guy and will bend over backwards to help you.

Jim

Post #581156 Wed May 22 2019 3:53am
jim4244

Rowdie, who did you used to deal with there? I always bought my cars through Susie.

Jim

Post #581157 Wed May 22 2019 3:54am
Rowdie

United Kingdom 

Hi Jim, that's really useful as not to far away. My experience is quite shocking. The last 5 times my car has been in for service, every time is come back with a fault it didn't have before. 3 times ago it broke down 7 miles after it left, the time before last the service light came on 2 miles after they had had it for 6 weeks to replace a turbo, and the most recent time it came back from the service light issue, explained to me as I have been driving the car wrong and it needed another oil change after only about 2000 miles, it broke down on the M50 exactly one week, and about 150 miles after it was in the dealers. The recovery land rover dealer said the TURBO pipe has just fallen off in the engine bay..

Still at least the DPs golf handicap might be getting better ! I have asked to speak to him no less that 4 times and no response.

Post #581289 Fri May 24 2019 11:21am
jim4244

Bloody hell! That is shocking service!

The DP is a guy named Oliver Mann. I would jump above his head and send a complaint to the area Director Steve Gough. I will see if I can dig out his e mail for you. It is shameful how he has mismanaged the Northampton dealership.......😡

The Sytner Land Rover dealership in Coventry is now run by a fantastic chap, Alex Scott, who was the old DP at Northampton. A cracking guy who treats every customer as if they were the most important one that the business was dealing with.

Adam Brightmore is the salesman you want to deal with. He has been mentored by Alex and is very customer needs focused.

Jim

Post #581291 Fri May 24 2019 2:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1