RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Lancaster LR, Milton Keynes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Lancaster LR, Milton Keynes

See the below review left on the Lancaster LR, Milton Keynes website by me after a visit to their showroom yesterday....

I went to have a look at a D5 Discovery as my current L494 Range Rover Sport is due to be replaced.

Before leaving home I made sure that I was wearing a shirt with a collar (Land Rover dealerships have a reputation for being snobby) and gave my Rolex a quick buff up with Mr Sheen and a duster. I had also washed and waxed my RR Sport so that a valuation could be given.

The showroom is nice and swanky and on entering the woman on reception asked if she could help. I told her that I would like to look round D5 Discovery and she pointed out where one was in the showroom.

I then spent 15-20 minutes looking around the car, whilst being studiously ignored by the sales staff. I could not have been more ignored if I had phoned ahead and asked them the make a point of ignoring me and then worn an invisible suit just to ensure that there was absolutely no chance of being seen by a member of the sales staff.

Managed to “sneak” out of the showroom without any acknowledgement.

My wife has suggested that should I go back maybe I should wear my dinner jacket and black tie. Maybe then they will take me seriously?

I’m leaning towards dressing as a clown, complete with spinning bow tie, red nose that honks when squeezed and enormous oversized red shoes........

James

Post #579262 Fri Apr 19 2019 1:34pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Deleted - on reflection not appropriate.
Steve. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Last edited by Stevepd on Sat Apr 20 2019 7:07am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #579263 Fri Apr 19 2019 4:03pm
Brit Plumber

England 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

I actually prefer to be left and I’ll approach a sales person when ready. If I was stood at a desk, obviously looking for service then I’d be peed off!

I would be ok with a quick “feel free to look around and come back to me with any Qs” but I’ve never had that. 2012 5.0 SC AB
Mods:
TPMS
Genuine LR DRLs
Remote Boot close from key fob
2016 Discovery 4 Mirrors AKA RRS2
2014 L405 Surround Camera retro fit (WIP)
2013 RRS Dual View Screen fit (Complete)
2016 LR4 RSE
2014 LR4 Homelink
2016 FFRR Electrochromatic Wing Mirror Glass

70 plate Focus ST (Current)
1942 VEP Ford GPW Jeep (Willys) (Current)
1943 Whites M16 Halftrack (Current)
16 plate Eurofighter Typhoon, 2 x Eurojet engines with 20,000lbs thrust each. 1380mph

Post #579266 Fri Apr 19 2019 5:01pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White
Re: Lancaster LR, Milton Keynes

jim4244 wrote:
I’m leaning towards dressing as a clown, complete with spinning bow tie, red nose that honks when squeezed and enormous oversized red shoes........

James

Then you will look like a politician Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #579267 Fri Apr 19 2019 5:08pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Unfortunately half of them think they own the showroom so why would they demean themselves to actually speak to a customer. They are too busy looking at their screens pretending they are doing the next greatest deal. I better stop now or will end up Censored Better finding a dealer who treats you well, buy their car & email the dealer principal of the Censored place a pic of your new car saying "this is what you missed", but will he give a Censored , probably not Rolling with laughter

Post #579268 Fri Apr 19 2019 5:14pm
drdelrrs

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

Had same experience.

Not sure if they only recruit sales staff who can stick their heads up their butt or whether its the same training JLR give to Customer Services Whistle Whistle

Post #579274 Fri Apr 19 2019 6:34pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

It’s Good Friday, they were all too busy wondering why they were working on such a lovely day when everybody else was out enjoying themselves in the sun on a public holiday. BUT it sure isn’t the way to sell even a heap of junk car, I bet a Dacia dealer’s sales team wouldn’t ignore a single customer. My Countryman was in the dealers today and even at the salesman who was on early shift saw me looking st one of the Countryman’s they have on the sales floor and after I had sat down and been handed a fresh brewed coffee he came over and asked if I wanted any info about the car I had been looking at, no heavy sales patter just a polite conversation and an offer to assist, even though he knows I have a 10 month old car and possibly wasn’t looking to change quite yet. I was even offered a test drive in a BMW i3 or a 3 series BEV if I wanted to try a totally electric vehicle and I could have it for today, all day u til my own car was ready to collect - I declined the offer though. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #579283 Fri Apr 19 2019 8:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
timhum

United Kingdom 

If I'm serious about buying a car i always introduce myself and explain why I'm there. It seems to work for me and I don't have to dress up or wear a Rolex. I've even got a good deal on a RRS this way but it isn't easy.
Tim, they always remember a previous victim and given all the updates arriving on the Mini, new countryman for example, are desperate to sell existing stock. I get regular offers from my RR dealer when they have excess stock to shift.
Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #579291 Fri Apr 19 2019 9:45pm
Concept

We went there the week before last, similar story, 10-15 minutes without seeing a soul.

Same at Mercedes and Volvo.

As an ex-used car salesman, we would have been shot if our sales manager saw someone not being spoken too. I think the trade has changed a lot since my day though, 25 years ago it was all about the hard sell.

Post #581106 Mon May 20 2019 7:26am
knwatkins

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I'd prefer to be left alone to have a look myself as opposed to be bothered with sales staff and approach them if I need anything.

In places where sales staff are constantly talking to you, it just annoys me and puts me off.

Mind you, I would expect a friendly greeting when walking into the showroom. Kev

MY2014 L405 RR Vogue SE 4.4 SDV8 in Corris Grey
MY2010 L320 RRS HSE 3.0 TDV6 in Stornoway Grey

Post #581109 Mon May 20 2019 9:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1