RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Brake Issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

SilverspeedRRS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Sumatra Black
Brake Issues

A slight clicking noise at low speed has now changed to a loud metalic grinding noise from offside rear wheel. The noise improves/disappears as you apply the brakes. Looked for stones etc but nothing. No sign of damage to disc on outside. Noise the same in forward and reverse ! Just also realised had a flashing hand brake warning sign on the dash on start up over last week that turned to fully illuminated after 10+ seconds. Just thought it was another software glitch. Car it TDV6 MY10 with 6k miles on it. Any thoughts before I phone LR assist?

Post #267622 Wed Jun 02 2010 9:14am
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

took mt my2010 tdv6 in yesterday to get the gearbox fault sorted and said it has a shake through the steering wheel got a call back to say the brake disks are warped so hope to pick car back up today car was new in november now has 3k on clock .

Hope yours is an easy fix silver good luck Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #267626 Wed Jun 02 2010 9:28am
SilverspeedRRS

Are the discs a warranty item?

Post #267631 Wed Jun 02 2010 10:11am
NightFox

United Kingdom 

Warranty wouldn't cover normal wear of brake disks, but after only 6000 miles then should be covered as that is excessive wear. Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.8::MG Montego Turbo::MGB GT::Rover Sterling::MGF::MG ZT 190+
Discovery Series II Td5 GS::Discovery 3 TDV6 S::Freelander 2 TD4 XS::Freelander 2 TD4 SE
Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport TDV6 3.0

Post #267632 Wed Jun 02 2010 10:13am
SilverspeedRRS

Had LR assist out as the noise was so bad. Disintigrated brake shoe and broken pad clip grinding against the disc. LR assist guy reckons the hub is so discoloured because I have been generating so much heat. Booked in for next week for dealer to sort. Never had anything like this on my old RRS or my Jag. Believes it may be due to electric handbrake issue. Makes a change for it to be hardware not sofware issues !!

Post #267741 Thu Jun 03 2010 10:46am
viper

silver they changed the discs under warranty no problem car has only covered 3k but as for the gearbox fault warning they updated the software and gave me the complimentary 2 bottles of wine but guess what took car out yesterday and warning came on again Big Cry Censored so will have to call them again today good luck with yours Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #267834 Fri Jun 04 2010 9:32am
SilverspeedRRS

Got car back last night replaced rear hub and brake shoes. All ok now and at least no 'rusty' hub to look at in the short term. Sorry to hear gearbox warning light has come back on. Mine has not re-appeared since they updated a part near the gear lever ( it wasn't just a software issue I believe). Good luck

Post #268181 Wed Jun 09 2010 9:51am
viper

silver well they took car back last week and it was as you said a switch in the gear selector only took them 4 days to fix Censored when they collected it the car was spotless and when i got car back it was filthy even had to clean the ivory seats front and back as they had dark oily marks all over Big Cry .

thankfully car is spotless again and safely in my garage they dont even seem to use covers for the seats when working on the cars beyond belief 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey

Post #268501 Sun Jun 13 2010 11:12am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1