RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > two phones
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Frozen of Wiltshire

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue
two phones

sorry chaps, another phone question thats probably been answered lots already but I can't find the answer on here...

1) when I try voice control "phone dial name" it says directory empty, but when I press the right button on the radio I can scroll through the phone directory and use it just fine - any idea whats wrong - user error?

2) Does anyone know what happens when you have two bluetooth phones paired to the car and both are in the car at the same time - is one or other preferred, or neither and what happens with multiple incoming or outgoing calls?

thanks Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE, Buckingham Blue with Ebony Black
Defender 90 TD5, Tonga Green

Post #219235 Tue Mar 24 2009 8:11pm
mercuryl

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The voice dial directory is something entirely separate from the normal phone memory.

You can set up a number (don't know how many but I think it is a lot) of voice dial numbers, and then access them by saying "Phone dial name". You enter them in by saying "Phone store name" (or something like that) and following the instructions. I've been mad for flipping years, absolutely years, over the edge for yonks.

Post #219239 Tue Mar 24 2009 9:06pm
Jimmy_75000

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

and it is a long long long and annoying process as you have to speak the phone number by groups and restart if the car does not understand the right number....I gave up as my french accent did not suits! Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Gone: Range Rover Vogue '11 4.4TDV8, Range Rover Sport ‘59, Range Rover Sport ‘56

Post #219305 Wed Mar 25 2009 9:13am
Frozen of Wiltshire

Right, so I can forget about voice dialling(1) as that sounds just too much like hard work for me.

Any ideas on multiple bluetooth phones in use(2)?

Post #219309 Wed Mar 25 2009 9:38am
PauloAmore

Scotland 

I think that last one connected makes it. The other is ignored. Only 1 is paired to PTI at any one time. 2022 P440e AB

Post #219480 Wed Mar 25 2009 10:09pm
leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Jimmy_75000 wrote:
and it is a long long long and annoying process as you have to speak the phone number by groups and restart if the car does not understand the right number....I gave up as my french accent did not suits!

Must be the accent, works fine for me and was a doddle to set up, can even do it whilst driving Shocked

Post #219495 Wed Mar 25 2009 11:12pm
mercuryl

It's a bit of a bother but worth it when it is done - I've got about 10 of my most frequent numbers on there. Very helpful. And I have a broad Scottish accent!! I've been mad for flipping years, absolutely years, over the edge for yonks.

Post #219512 Thu Mar 26 2009 1:17am
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Jimmy_75000 wrote:
and it is a long long long and annoying process as you have to speak the phone number by groups and restart if the car does not understand the right number....I gave up as my french accent did not suits!

Enter your contacts in the voice dial directory via touchscreen, much faster and no phone number spelling required. Main Menu --> Settings --> Voice Settings --> Voice Add Name. Enter the phone number you want to store using the keypad and touch Add. System will prompt: "Name, Please." Say the name you want to associate with that number after the beep and the system will confirm: "Stored". You can punch in a bunch of numbers in a few minutes that way, and she doesn't even chit chat that much, always a plus! Very Happy You can store about 50 contacts in the system, but good luck remembering all of them. If the name is too short, it won't be accepted. I tried "Home". "Too short". "Hooooooommmme". "Stored". My daughter laughs like crazy now whenever daddy calls mommy at "Hoooooommmme".

Frozen of Wiltshire wrote:

2) Does anyone know what happens when you have two bluetooth phones paired to the car and both are in the car at the same time - is one or other preferred, or neither and what happens with multiple incoming or outgoing calls?

I never tried it myself, but in theory - since only one handset can be connected to the PTI via Bluetooth at any given time - the last phone that connected to the system has priority over another registered handset when both of them are trying to link. So, if you used the BT system last, your phone will connect. If your wife used the car last, her phone will connect and yours will be ignored until your wife manually disconnects hers (or is out of range.) 

Post #219514 Thu Mar 26 2009 3:58am
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

on bluetooth last phone paired is the one it pairs with again if you have more than one phone with bluetooth active, PTI in armrest (if you have it) takes precedence over bluetooth
feels like top trumps here Whistle
Had the car since oct 07 and the only voice recognition mine will do is "destination airport" Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #219535 Thu Mar 26 2009 9:51am
Frozen of Wiltshire

Thanks all, your advice much appreciated - guess I will have a play with the voice directory today. On the bluetooth thing, if the last paired phone takes priority (great suits me perfectly!) is there absolutely no interaction with the other phone in range - if it gets an incoming call while in the car too?

Post #219540 Thu Mar 26 2009 10:15am
mercuryl

Umbertob !!!!!!!!! You are a hero. I was too lazy to read the manual and didn't know you could enter voice dials in manually like that. I thought you had to do it by voice.

Your post will make my life easier. Hooray! That's what forums are for.

Can someone please enter Umbertob's post on this thread as a contender in the "Best post of the Year" category.

Thank you. And well done. Award yourself 3.72 brownie points. I've been mad for flipping years, absolutely years, over the edge for yonks.

Post #219629 Thu Mar 26 2009 2:14pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

If you feel the forum has helped you, I know the site owner would be only too pleased to accept a small donation to help support the site's running costs Thumbs Up Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #219634 Thu Mar 26 2009 2:48pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Frozen of Wiltshire wrote:
On the bluetooth thing, if the last paired phone takes priority (great suits me perfectly!) is there absolutely no interaction with the other phone in range - if it gets an incoming call while in the car too?

No interaction, right. Basically, the second handset won't be able to "see" Land Rover as a nearby Bluetooth device to connect to (or, more correctly, the PTI module won't be hunting for that handset), until the other phone disconnects. 

Post #219677 Thu Mar 26 2009 4:24pm
Frozen of Wiltshire

cool, thanks again. Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE, Buckingham Blue with Ebony Black

Post #219721 Thu Mar 26 2009 7:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1