RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Extended Mode Failing?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White
Extended Mode Failing?

Has anyone encountered the car going into extended mode but the rear suspension lowering? I had this when I was off road a few weeks ago and the consequence is some scraping/damage to the back of the underside of the car asround the rear axle. The front of the car which raised is perfectly okay.

My car is in for its next service next week and I have asked them to look at this but the stealer is stating that if it doesn't log a fault there is nothing they can do?? I basically think they they should replace the parts that are 'scraped' as the car failed to raise the rear! There was no fault reported on the dash board, but the friends I was with actually thought I'd punctured a rear bag at the time as the car was so low at the back.

Any thoughts appreciated....

Post #189295 Tue Sep 23 2008 12:49am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Sounds like one of the rear height sensors might be adrift or failing. If you have the factory satnav fitted change the screen over to 4x4 mode and have a look at the small icons for the height level - if any of them isn't illuminated then you have a faulty sensor 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Tue Sep 23 2008 9:22am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #189311 Tue Sep 23 2008 9:04am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
2nd Rower

Thanks Tim, alas i don't have the Sat Nav option in my car!

Post #189312 Tue Sep 23 2008 9:17am
2nd Rower

Not sure this counts as a warranty fix but the stealer has agreed to replace the damaged plastic spare wheel wind deflectors and bash out the slight dent in the fuel tank protector caused by this fault.

Apparently there was no fault logged in the computer so they have nothing to go by and would like to know if it happens again when I am off road! So if my understanding is right I basically need to get into a situation and have Super Exetnded Mode Activate and then partially fail at the rear (therefore maybe damaging the car again) before I can get them to look any further!

Post #190418 Thu Oct 02 2008 8:39am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1