RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > jealousy or just bad manners
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>

Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Looks like I have 2 options.

1. get rid of the kids, wife and get new toys.
2. get rid of the kids, wife and get new toys.

Fiona Shackleton I need your services! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #183215 Fri Aug 15 2008 8:06am
ViewWise

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I can see the hate from alot of other drivers on the road. A little wink right before you floor it usually get their blood boiling Laughing (ive had a few almost wipe themselves out just trying to get near me again).

I had a chick overtake me with her finger up and out the drivers window of her clio in central london. Quite amusing. I knocked it into sport and went straight past her doing the exact same Whistle .

Police officers dont like me either Whistle Whistle . One walked up to the car while i was in traffic in leicster square and told me and my passenger to put our seat belts on. Then waited till we did (slowly) to everyone elses amusement Laughing . I suppose im glad he didnt write out two £30 fines Laughing .

I havent had anyone spit on the car and tbh in petrol stations i always get people starting conversations with me about range rovers on the forecourt and in the que Shocked

Post #183229 Fri Aug 15 2008 10:28am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I know we have this undercurrent of "you've got a nice car, let's key it" in the UK but I must admit when I had mine, any comments anyone made were always positive. That said, that was nearly 3 years ago and they were nowhere near as commonplace as they are now... Confused 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #183237 Fri Aug 15 2008 10:55am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I pulled into the Esso filling station at Gaydon this afternoon and lined up at each of the 5 pumps was: 2 HST TDv8's, an XF Td , moi and a TVD8 FFRR............................... such nice people they were too who commented on my number plate and asked how I liked the car. I can only assume they worked up the road at the Gaydon developement centre and were refuelling their company cars on the company fuel card........ me I managed to eck out 32mpg on an average speed of 67mph from Stirling to Gaydon. I used just under 1/2 a tank, and was I glad I fuelled up at £1.23ppl because if I had waited until the New Forest I would have paid £1.25ppl! Have enough go juice now to get to and from CHPR tomorrow and at least half way back to Scotland.
Was overtaken by what looked like an HST S/C (certainly had an S/C badge on the boot) but when he floored it I can only assume from the big black cloud it emitted from the tailpipes what it really was was a chipped TDv6 in drag.
I've never experienced jealousy acts from other drivers when I've been in the RRS, but when I had the FFRR I regularly got comments about the extent of my wealth, also when I owned the TVR450SEAC I regularly got spat on by bus and lorry drivers if I had the hood down, never knew if I had been spat on when the hood was up!. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #183313 Fri Aug 15 2008 5:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

[quote="Tim in Scotland"]Was overtaken by what looked like an HST S/C (certainly had an S/C badge on the boot) but when he floored it I can only assume from the big black cloud it emitted from the tailpipes what it really was was a chipped TDv6 in drag.quote]

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes the usual giveaway then.......tractor juice pollution Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #183315 Fri Aug 15 2008 5:21pm
WT

United States 2008 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Hmmm... I've been following this thread with some interest - being over in good ole' USA, it seems strange to me that there would be so much negative reaction from the general public, toward a RRS. I've heard about it before, in the UK, but it still kind of bewilders me... why do people show such anomosity toward a luxury car? It's not as if anyone is out running over the homeless or small children...

I had a neighbor's father visit from France, his first time in the USA, and his jaw nearly dropped to the ground when he saw my Rangie - you'd have thought I was driving an Aston or Bentley, the way he was carrying on - I just couldn't understand what the big deal was (around where I live, the RRS is a very common "soccer mom" vehicle, and by no means does anyone consider it THAT prestigious). He did explain that in France, the price is much higher (relatively speaking) than what we pay in the US, so there are far fewer.

Ah well... let them eat cake!

Post #183395 Fri Aug 15 2008 8:46pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Can i have some cake? Very Happy RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #183432 Fri Aug 15 2008 10:39pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

JayMann wrote:
Can i have some cake? Very Happy

The frogs don't do cakes, they do pastries.....aisle 4, section 3.....get to it Mann - the finest pastries and wines known to Mann....... Censored I forgot, Nisa shop......make that a bottle of lambrini and a packet of digestives Whistle Whistle L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #183438 Fri Aug 15 2008 11:07pm
JayMann

will_wonka wrote:
The frogs don't do cakes, they do pastries.....aisle 4, section 3.....get to it Mann - the finest pastries and wines known to Mann....... Censored I forgot, Nisa shop......make that a bottle of lambrini and a packet of digestives Whistle Whistle

Would you like that lambrini chilled if so it's gonna cost ya!!! Laughing RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #183446 Fri Aug 15 2008 11:56pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

On the way to pick Kam up this morning in the Q7.

Driving past a row of shops in a residential area at 25mph.

This old boy, with morning paper under his arm walking towards me gives me massive, wide finger spread, repeated V's Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Don't know whether he was anti 4x4's, mistaken identity or just a barking old gimmer!

LMAO! Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #183524 Sat Aug 16 2008 10:35pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

He probably doesn't like German cars. Laughing Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #183528 Sat Aug 16 2008 10:38pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Yeah, now you mention it he did have a Nazi uniform on and swastika print trousers on.

Angel, where were you this morning? Laughing Wink Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #183532 Sat Aug 16 2008 10:40pm
JayMann

Laughing Laughing RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

Post #183555 Sat Aug 16 2008 11:07pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

JayMann wrote:
will_wonka wrote:
The frogs don't do cakes, they do pastries.....aisle 4, section 3.....get to it Mann - the finest pastries and wines known to Mann....... Censored I forgot, Nisa shop......make that a bottle of lambrini and a packet of digestives Whistle Whistle

Would you like that lambrini chilled if so it's gonna cost ya!!! Laughing

You owe me now.......I think the P*ss head took most of your Lambrini stock tonight.......unbelievable Shocked ....instead you can chill me a nice bottle of Clos du Mesnil Thumbs Up

PS: Have you cleared up those chocolate droppings that ST kept littering your floor with Whistle L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #183566 Sat Aug 16 2008 11:56pm
JayMann

No thire still there for when you come round next time to clean up! Wink RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

Post #183582 Sun Aug 17 2008 9:12am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>