MX

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

Nigel (Benn)

Naseem (Hamed)

? RRS TDV6 SE Java Black +towpack +tintent +Permagrin

What a difference between this and my old Disco3
Formerly mxgeldar7

Post #178781 Sun Jul 20 2008 8:32am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

BigMat wrote:
peacemf wrote:
Very Annoyed wrote:
What N word - Nazim?

the one associated with black people

Normal?

Nice! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #178783 Sun Jul 20 2008 9:21am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Don't worry I know - isn't funny that halfwits can only think of abuse by comments on the colour of one's skin! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #178784 Sun Jul 20 2008 9:23am
Misery

United Kingdom 

Very Annoyed wrote:
Don't worry I know - isn't funny that halfwits can only think of abuse by comments on the colour of one's skin!

Not me VA everyone is a Censored to me. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #178812 Sun Jul 20 2008 2:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

That's because you're old and bald Rolling Eyes Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #178854 Mon Jul 21 2008 9:16am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

misery wrote:
Very Annoyed wrote:
Don't worry I know - isn't funny that halfwits can only think of abuse by comments on the colour of one's skin!

Not me VA everyone is a Censored to me. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #179197 Wed Jul 23 2008 7:38am
RR08

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Had a similar experience with a car park chap the other week who appeared to take offence to my car, looked like green eyed envy. Seemed to give the car a good looking over and was rude. Range Rover Sport HSE TDV6 - 08 Plate

Post #180505 Wed Jul 30 2008 1:07am
enzojunior

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
As usual, people just don't know the facts

Such is life...idiots with not enough information,responding to what they read in the press, which is placed there to sensationalise everything.

Here are the facts.

Over 60% of all land Rovers ever built are still in use. I find this an incredible fact. Most of these cars are diesel cars which are inherently more efficient than any petrol engine although carbon emissions are about 18% higher from diesel. My RRS 06 model gets 35+ MPG and I love it. I have no friends who get better mileage from even crappy hatches. My wife has a Volvo V5 estate that does not get better mileage than my sport, either city or country driving. Land Rover is a very green manufacturer utilising a lot of recycled materials. These wallies need to understand that a carbon footprint is not just about the gas mileage, but, I expect this will fall on deaf (and DUMB) ears.

All you can do is dodge the spit and smile. 2006 Black/Alpaca, Hi Ice, Dynamic Pack, 19" wheels, Clear Pack...

Post #180511 Wed Jul 30 2008 6:38am
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

You get 35+ mpg??? That's very high (or low Wink)... what sort of driving are you doing? Confused 

Post #180517 Wed Jul 30 2008 7:41am
enzojunior

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Big ol' Aussie country raods with a smattering of driving in Sydney. About 80/20 country city. The country at about 80kph average. 2006 Black/Alpaca, Hi Ice, Dynamic Pack, 19" wheels, Clear Pack...

Post #180519 Wed Jul 30 2008 7:52am
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Good one Thumbs Up 

Post #180521 Wed Jul 30 2008 7:53am
BKHK

Australia 

Enzo

My driving is similar to yours except I do mostly freeway at 100kph and some city. I am getting between 32 and 34 mpg in old money with a one time high of 38.

I don't think that the great unwashed understand how efficient a small turbo diesel can be. Range Rover style and driving pleasure with Honda Civic economy. Can't be bad. The TDV6 RRS is greener than may normal cars on our roads......

Post #180606 Wed Jul 30 2008 3:34pm
Trixman

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Passatglx wrote:
Yes they were jealous. Bottom line, we are in a RRS and they are not. Here in the US, specifically New Jersey. the day somone spits on my RRS is the day I'll actually use the LOW gear and just drive over somones car. I'm that guy waiting for somone todo somthing stupid like that. Still waiting though. I'll let all u know when it happens. Twisted Evil

Dont think you will, unless inmates get email access nowadays Just Picked up: 2006 RRS S/C, java with Ivory.
Garage: 2007 Mini Cooper, 2007 BMW 320d, 2002 Renault Clio (its a workhorse, honest)

Post #180678 Wed Jul 30 2008 6:25pm
RRS_bunny

2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

I drove my old 1995 Range rover to work a few weeks ago while my "average normal person" car was getting serviced. Copped a heap of "you must be rich" "let me know what shares you're buying" kinda crap from people at work. Just laughed it off at the time, but it was quite annoying.

Last week I bought a new car for myself (bmw), as my OH monopolizes the RRS, and got even more rude comments made when they saw it. One management guy, started listing off all my toys in front of other people (I made the mistake of riding my sports bike to work a few times, and they know I have a horse too), then was asking how I paid for it. (in front of other people)

I don't dare drive the RRS to work now..... don't want anyone to know I have yet another car.

This is taking away the enjoyment of the new car. Why on earth do people have to be so resentful? My partner and I have no kids, both work full time, don't drink or go out much (our choice) and just want to enjoy life.

Feeling very Censored Censored Censored Censored today......

Post #183206 Fri Aug 15 2008 5:45am
wokkaman

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Zermatt Silver

RRS_bunny wrote:
I drove my old 1995 Range rover to work a few weeks ago while my "average normal person" car was getting serviced. Copped a heap of "you must be rich" "let me know what shares you're buying" kinda crap from people at work. Just laughed it off at the time, but it was quite annoying.

Last week I bought a new car for myself (bmw), as my OH monopolizes the RRS, and got even more rude comments made when they saw it. One management guy, started listing off all my toys in front of other people (I made the mistake of riding my sports bike to work a few times, and they know I have a horse too), then was asking how I paid for it. (in front of other people)

I don't dare drive the RRS to work now..... don't want anyone to know I have yet another car.

This is taking away the enjoyment of the new car. Why on earth do people have to be so resentful? My partner and I have no kids, both work full time, don't drink or go out much (our choice) and just want to enjoy life.

Feeling very Censored Censored Censored Censored today......

Can't agree more, I get snide remarks regarding my RRS, then I turn up in the wife's Focus ST2 (when she lets me thrash - I mean drive it) and the comments get worse and with some of the sunnier days I turn up on the Kawasaki and they just go nuts Censored but we also have no kids and both work really hard, dont go out clubing, eating out all the time... just big holidays and lots of toys Thumbs Up GONE** RRS 3.0SC Silver fully loaded Smile - 2020 110 loving it
BMW R1200GSA Rallye
GONE** Fiesta ST2 - Mrs Wokka's - AMG35 now
GONE**BMW K1600GTLE Matt Blue
GONE**Disco 4 2014 Firenze Red
GONE**Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe
GONE**RRS 5.0 SC
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8 (The Crap one)
GONE**FL Facelift
GONE**FL 1
GONE**D1
GONE**BMW R1200GS Adventure
GONE: Kawasaki ZX10R
GONE: Focus ST2
** Chinook CH47 - 2 x T55 engines 3,750 hp each!! 183mph, 2xM134 Miniguns, 1xM60

Post #183209 Fri Aug 15 2008 7:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 7 <1234567>