Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Transmission Noise - TDV8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

wokkaman

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Zermatt Silver

Charles Hurst Park Royal wrote:
Wokka,

I was tempted to put a post in the spotted section but I think your patientce is probably running thin on the current issue.

So..................

"Spotted, RRS Java black with Chinook Display Team stickers on the rear..... any ideas!?"

Hope we sort it out swiftly for you, and I have been advised that it is a high priority to get rectified.

James Thumbs Up

Hey James,

yeap thats mine... I know your guys are working hard to get it sorted Thumbs Up Got a txt this morning with an update.

My gripe is with Land Rover Twisted Evil GONE** RRS 3.0SC Silver fully loaded Smile - 2020 110 loving it
BMW R1200GSA Rallye
GONE** Fiesta ST2 - Mrs Wokka's - AMG35 now
GONE**BMW K1600GTLE Matt Blue
GONE**Disco 4 2014 Firenze Red
GONE**Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe
GONE**RRS 5.0 SC
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8 (The Crap one)
GONE**FL Facelift
GONE**FL 1
GONE**D1
GONE**BMW R1200GS Adventure
GONE: Kawasaki ZX10R
GONE: Focus ST2
** Chinook CH47 - 2 x T55 engines 3,750 hp each!! 183mph, 2xM134 Miniguns, 1xM60

Post #172478 Thu Jun 12 2008 8:04am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Nutty Nige

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Too right Wokka. Some people forget that the dealers do their best at times but it is LR that design and build it.

I have the same probs. Second car since Feb 07. This one is 4 weeks old, and now 2 problems looming. diff noise on front, ( same reason the last one had a diff at same miles. ) Bang on the gearbox when it downshifts to 2nd.

Never mind eh. Time for another drink. Big Cry Big Cry You don't stop playing because you get old, You get old because you stop playing.

07 TDV6 been and gone. 08 TDV6 been and gone. 08.5 TDV8 in evaluation mode and now gone. BMW 535D M sport Been and gone, Now time for RRS No4 - TDV6 HSE in Stornaway with Ebony - 09 Model 6 months old.
RS Cosworth 4x4 Stage 2 Mint for summer
Audi TT
Astra VXR for the daughter.

Post #172588 Thu Jun 12 2008 8:17pm
Lateral5

Australia 
Re: Transmission Noise - TDV8

Japseroony wrote:
Hi All,

......but I was wondering if anyone else had problems with the transmission? She has covered 5500 miles and whilst I dont hang around, I dont trash her to bits.

The noise sounds like the beginning of a bearing going.
Comments please.

Does it sound like that discussed in http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic2725.html?

I have this noise and it sh*ts me to tears! They have replaced my T case but it did not get rid of the problem. I have been told it is the chain drive in the transmission...it does not have a tensioner and when you back off you get chain rasp. Censored RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #172906 Mon Jun 16 2008 6:47am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simple1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Cairns Blue

mine also had the wine when it went in for its first service, found that the front diff had leaked all its oil out so replaced the diff, and noise went away. Just a shame I cant drive it now, the car is somewhat taken to bits to replace a turbo that has quit boosting............. boll**, no option to post a photo....body in air, chassis on floor. Not pritty.. Big Cry 2x TDV6. SE and HSE. Both returned to sender with issues👀
TDV8 Sport HSE...... Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!!
Now rolling in MY10 Fullfat TDV8 Vogue. Slammed it to go round corners🙈
Cruising daily #56 mph in a Volvo V8. 😱
Lots of other toys in the cupboard...😜

Post #172958 Mon Jun 16 2008 2:28pm
wokkaman

Good news the Transfer box has cured the problem Thumbs Up Thumbs Up So after a couple of little bits I hope to get it back as early as tomorrow - All hail to Charles Hurst, Paul King is a top man Bow down Bow down GONE** RRS 3.0SC Silver fully loaded Smile - 2020 110 loving it
BMW R1200GSA Rallye
GONE**RRS 5.0 SC
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8
GONE**FL Facelift
GONE**FL 1
GONE**D1
** Chinook CH47 - 2 x T55 engines 3,750 hp each!! 183mph, 2xM134 Miniguns, 1xM60

Post #173097 Tue Jun 17 2008 11:50am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Good news mate... nicely done Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #173099 Tue Jun 17 2008 12:25pm
Japseroony

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Will have to get mine back in now to see if they can find out if its the same Big Cry and then fix the Censored thing.

Also got the RRS front end knock coming on so going to ask about that as well as the air con not being very cold Rolling Eyes "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #173141 Tue Jun 17 2008 2:42pm
wokkaman

its back Thumbs Up Thumbs Up the noise has gone and all the other bits are sorted, very clean and fully fuelled - CHARLES HURST ROCKS Bow down Bow down GONE** RRS 3.0SC Silver fully loaded Smile - 2020 110 loving it
BMW R1200GSA Rallye
GONE**RRS 5.0 SC
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8
GONE**FL Facelift
GONE**FL 1
GONE**D1

Post #173371 Thu Jun 19 2008 8:08am
Japseroony

Well mine is at long last with the stealers and they have said its the transmission box that is at fault so are ordering a new one - possibly up to a week for it to arrive Crying or Very sad

They have also said that the knock is from the front anti-roll bar so are ordering one of those at the same time.

Will report back as soon as I have any news.

Russell. "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Post #180487 Tue Jul 29 2008 5:13pm
Japseroony

Well what a complete f Censored k up.

The dealer tell me they are going to replace the transmission box and then phone last night to say the RRS is ready to pick up. I go down today and ask what they had done to be told "they had replaced the oil and this had reduced the noise" Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I asked why they had not replaced the box to be told that LR had asked to see a photo of the oil and as a result of it being black they should replace it and thats all LR would let them do Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I then asked if the noise had gone to be told it was still there but not as loud, so I said I would not take the car back until the box was replaced as there was still a fault.

To be fair the dealer agreed with me but I now have to speak to LR as they can't do anything more Exclamation Exclamation What a complete load of b Censored s, LR should be ashamed of the crap they dish out.

Next step is now to reject the vehicle as I am fed up of having a £55k car continually go wrong. "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Post #180775 Thu Jul 31 2008 11:27am
Texstar

United Kingdom 

The noise will only have reduced because of the new oil and the fact that it probably hadn't heated up again fully when they tried it.Surely if the old oil was black, this in itself indicates that there is a problem (causing excessive heat build up) within the box, and LR should not ignore that fact,( I'm sure they all think we were born on 30/07/2008 Whistle ), keep the pressure on mate, and Good Luck. Thumbs Up RRS TDV8 Buck Blue (no, not now in my dreams). ..........D3 TDclankety clankV6 ............BMW 318i

Post #180784 Thu Jul 31 2008 11:39am
Japseroony

Texstar wrote:
The noise will only have reduced because of the new oil and the fact that is probably hadn't heated up again fully when they tried it.Surely if the old oil was black, this in itself indicates that there is a problem (excessive heat build up) within the box, and LR should not ignore that fact, keep the pressure on mate, and Good Luck. Thumbs Up

Oh believe me when I explaind what you have said to the dealer, they were somewhat embarassed as clearly they just expected me to take the vehicle away Exclamation Exclamation

Either the oil was the incorrect type from new causing it to overheat, which in its self would cause damage to the box or the box has a fault causing the oil to go black Exclamation Exclamation

After my explaining the facts to them they agreed and even said that the techincian had said that he did not think it would cure the problem, which begs the question - why did they not go back to LR for further comment or are LR just begining to wake up to the fact that most of the newer RRS might have a transmission problem and are trying to fend off the issue Question "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Post #180790 Thu Jul 31 2008 11:54am
Japseroony

Japseroony wrote:
Texstar wrote:
The noise will only have reduced because of the new oil and the fact that is probably hadn't heated up again fully when they tried it.Surely if the old oil was black, this in itself indicates that there is a problem (excessive heat build up) within the box, and LR should not ignore that fact, keep the pressure on mate, and Good Luck. Thumbs Up

Oh believe me when I explaind what you have said to the dealer, they were somewhat embarassed as clearly they just expected me to take the vehicle away Exclamation Exclamation

Either the oil was the incorrect type from new causing it to overheat, which in its self would cause damage to the box or the box has a fault causing the oil to go black Exclamation Exclamation

After my explaining the facts to them they agreed and even said that the techincian had said that he did not think it would cure the problem, which begs the question - why did they not go back to LR for further comment or are LR just begining to wake up to the fact that most of the newer RRS might have a transmission problem and are trying to fend off the issue Question

Well things just get better and better or should that be worse and worse Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

LR have just called me and said they have given permission to replace the transfer box - not the transmission. Correct me if I am wrong but these are two seperate components aren't they with one being the actual gearbox and the other the transfer box Question

The stealer has now said that they replaced the oil in the transfer box and not the tranmission as they insisted yesterday Exclamation

Is this some intervention from LR to replace the transfer box (a much cheaper item than the transmission) and not the transmission Question

I will be listening for any kind of noise when I get it back and making big noises at LR if there is a slight squeak Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Post #180978 Fri Aug 01 2008 3:57pm
Japseroony

Still at the f Censored g stealers Big Cry Yawn Big Cry "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Post #181860 Fri Aug 08 2008 3:19pm
pers1

Norway 

I have the same noise most noticable at 2000rpm and in sport Mode. I had this noise since it was new!
They have change the Gear box, but the sound didn`t go away. It has been in and out of my dealer for 1,5 year
without them fixing it.
Now I have told them to take it back and LR Norway is now saying that this noise is standard for every RR Sport TDV6
If they keep that statment i will take them to court!

PerS RR SPORT TDv6 HSE 2007
Buckingham Blue
Ebony Interior
American Straight Grained Walnut
Dynamic Pack HSE
Rear Diff.
20 inch Stormer alloys
Privacy Glass
Premium ICE Pack
Hybrid TV
Personal Telephone Integration system
Tow Pack
Brembo Front Brakes
Bi Xenon Adaptive Head Lights
ADDED on delivery
Grille – perforated with "Titan" finish in buckingham bllue
Twin oval tailpipe finishers
Stormer side vents with "Crome finish"

Post #192548 Mon Oct 20 2008 6:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>