RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Warranty Extension
Would you pay to extend the LR Warranty?
Yes - assuming it's less than £1000 p/a
50%
 50%  [5]
No
10%
 10%  [1]
I'm gonna sell this motha' before it hits 3 years 'cause it's falling apart!
40%
 40%  [4]
Total Votes: 10

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Brian Mason

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Brian you make out that RRS is notoriously unreliable.............................. mine and many others belonging to forum members have been the paragon of reliablity and have never (yet, because I'm now starting to get worried with all these notorouisly unreliable RRS's around!) been stranded at the roadside. I have had minor techy isuues but nothing in the 2 years since taking delivery that has left me stuck. Mine is used mainly used for local driving but 4-5 time a year it leaves Scotland to venture south to Hampshire and is a wonderful car for that sort of run.

Tim, I'm sure there's many reliable RRS's out there. However, in my 33 years of driving, this is by far the most unreliable car I've ever owned, or indeed, known about. It is back in the garage every other week and has yet to be completely free of outstanding faults. It even spent a month off the road a week after purchase due parts on back-order. Satisfactory, this is not, hence £1000 compensation from LR!!!

I have many trade contacts and there seems to be universal agreement that this is not a particularly reliable car. My local dealer is now a personal friend, I know his views on both reliability and replacement part supply. I'm encouraged to hear satisfied owners are plentiful, but industry opinion perhaps would suggest otherwise. I sincerely hope you and Paulo enjoy continued trouble-free motoring! Thumbs Up MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #93211 Tue Mar 13 2007 11:30pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

Tim nice to see you are back safe and sound,

I think that the RRs is getting a bad name for reliability, on two separate occasions recently two people who are unconnected with each other have made comments to me about the reliability issues of these vehicles,i have on both occasions defended the car, and i still maintain it is superb, but it is worrying that some of the general public do seem to be getting ideas that the car does have some problems, i also remember reading somewhere in a motoring mag about the reliability issues.

i am glad to say that to date i havent had any breakdowns or the need to call LR assist some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #93212 Tue Mar 13 2007 11:30pm
Baron

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Paul. You will love it. I love mine and will consider extended warranty albeit I do very low mileage.

I have had a couple of teething problems but NEVER stranded and owning one of these is a joy Thumbs Up  SDV8 vogue SE.
Corris grey and ivory leather + most of the toys.
Limited edition RRS model number 0001 Smile
Gone TDV8 RR Sport. Never to be forgotten.

Wife has an i8 BMW

Post #93213 Tue Mar 13 2007 11:34pm
Brian Mason

Baron wrote:
Paul. You will love it. I love mine and will consider extended warranty albeit I do very low mileage.

I have had a couple of teething problems but NEVER stranded and owning one of these is a joy Thumbs Up

Baron, in fairness, I must say I love it too and wouldn't have persisted unless I thought it was a really great drive. I've even got one eye towards a TDV8, although I'm definitely not to going move until the first six months' elapse by which time most minor hiccups will have been diagnosed and put to bed! Wink MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Last edited by Brian Mason on Wed Mar 14 2007 12:07am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #93216 Tue Mar 13 2007 11:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ENVOY

Baron wrote:

I have had a couple of teething problems but NEVER stranded and owning one of these is a joy Thumbs Up

Baron wheres your car at the moment Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink some of my Previous cars
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #93221 Tue Mar 13 2007 11:56pm
Brian Mason

ENVOY wrote:
Baron wrote:

Baron wheres your car at the moment Laughing Laughing Laughing Wink

Hey, that's a good point Envoy, thanks! Hmm, should I now look smug? Whistle MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #93226 Wed Mar 14 2007 12:08am
ENVOY

Brian Mason wrote:

Hey, that's a good point Envoy, thanks! Hmm, should I now look smug? Whistle

Smug, you, never Whistle some of my Previous cars
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #93228 Wed Mar 14 2007 12:13am
Baron

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Big Cry

LR doing there best. I get constant updates. But as you know the TDV8's are like rocking horse sh Censored t.

The problem is minor. The parts are taking a few days to source.

I don't even like the wifes E-class half as much as I did before I got the sport. You get spoilt VERY quickly Confused  SDV8 vogue SE.
Corris grey and ivory leather + most of the toys.
Limited edition RRS model number 0001 Smile
Gone TDV8 RR Sport. Never to be forgotten.

Wife has an i8 BMW

Post #93231 Wed Mar 14 2007 12:18am
Brian Mason

Baron wrote:
Big Cry

LR doing there best. I get constant updates. But as you know the TDV8's are like rocking horse sh Censored t.

The problem is minor. The parts are taking a few days to source.

I don't even like the wifes E-class half as much as I did before I got the sport. You get spoilt VERY quickly Confused

I wouldn't dare make further reference to my earlier comments regarding reliability and parts' availability! Whistle

Me, smug.., never!!! Wink MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #93233 Wed Mar 14 2007 12:22am
MDP

United Kingdom 

I wont keep my car longer than 3yrs - period 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #93285 Wed Mar 14 2007 10:39am
PauloAmore

Scotland 

MDP wrote:
I wont keep my car longer than 3yrs - period

What issues have you had? Must be bad becuase by then, you'll have done the hard depreciation. You might only get £30 for it at 3 years old. 2022 P440e AB

Post #93286 Wed Mar 14 2007 10:46am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Sod depreciation..... Evil or Very Mad

Just prefer to keep in a new car with lots of warranty & all the latest spec - my car will be 2yrs old in September

Having said all this... I love my Supercharged- no problems of late Whistle just had the usual stuff at the start being an early car.

If I change to another RRS - it will be the TDV8 [ sept = 09 spec by then ] - JE Tuned of course and in WHITE Thumbs Up

But then..... I may even jump into a White S6 avant Confused 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #93289 Wed Mar 14 2007 10:53am
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

1 year of 13,000 miles of very enjoyable motoring, only significant issue was the seat cover dye rubbing off into the Alpacca leather - new leather seat swabs replaced by Harwoods sorted that.

We normally only drive 9000 miles per year such is the infectiousness of this car we have had 2 major motoring holidays.

Intention is to keep the RRS for 5 years. We had a P38 Range Rover 2 cars ago which we extended warranty with Warranty Direct - had to use them for an aircon issue and a water pump and they were happy that I used the main dealer - I highly recommend them.(assuming they maintain good quote rates)

As per our previous car - the XC90 ,,, I have never owned such un-reliable car - 10 dealer visits in 15mths, changed dealer 3 times due to shoddy work, poor service, rude staff... in 15mths we only drove 8000 miles.

Of all the Mercs, BMW's, Audi's, Volvo's that I have driven there is not one that I enjoy driving as much as the RRS. Money well spent in my view. ! P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #93293 Wed Mar 14 2007 12:24pm
Brian Mason

MDP wrote:
Sod depreciation..... Evil or Very Mad

Just prefer to keep in a new car with lots of warranty & all the latest spec - my car will be 2yrs old in September

Having said all this... I love my Supercharged- no problems of late Whistle just had the usual stuff at the start being an early car.

If I change to another RRS - it will be the TDV8 [ sept = 09 spec by then ] - JE Tuned of course and in WHITE Thumbs Up

But then..... I may even jump into a White S6 avant Confused

Fully understood MDP, err.., except for the WHITE bit??? Whistle MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #93328 Wed Mar 14 2007 2:08pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

This is why he wants to find a pic I suppose... the white RS4 looks "well brown" to coin a phrase Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #93345 Wed Mar 14 2007 2:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12