RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Picked up new TDV8 Sport
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ATM

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Picked up new TDV8 Sport

Quick post to share my thoughts on my new TDV8 Sport i picked up this am.

Having seen the car last night and driving my TDV6 Sport to the dealership this morning for the swap, I was worried that change wouldnt be as dramatic as i had hoped.
So after waiting for Nav Track to swap the tracker device and having it superguarded the keys were finally mine.

Its ALL about the 3.6 Twin Turbo V8 engine, it is truly sublime and in my opinion well worth the "upgrade" from the V6. Its responsive, quiet and refined until you boot it Shocked then the V8 soundtrack takes over - windows down freezing my Censored off...it really does pull like a Censored

Still smiling Very Happy

Have to take it back later this week, to have the Color coded mirrors, side vents and all black badges put on, will take some piccies then.

Interestingly the Dealer Principle was telling me, lead times for new tdv8 sports have gone crazy and if you wanted a new one its a december delivery Shocked - something to do with the engines being used in the Vogue as a priority, as margins are higher... Something else is always something better:

07 Java TDV8 Sport & toys

Post #92105 Sat Mar 10 2007 5:03pm
Brian Mason

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
Re: Picked up new TDV8 Sport

ATM wrote:

Having seen the car last night and driving my TDV6 Sport to the dealership this morning for the swap, I was worried that change wouldnt be as dramatic as i had hoped.
So after waiting for Nav Track to swap the tracker device and having it superguarded the keys were finally mine.

Its ALL about the 3.6 Twin Turbo V8 engine, it is truly sublime and in my opinion well worth the "upgrade" from the V6. Its responsive, quiet and refined until you boot it Shocked then the V8 soundtrack takes over - windows down freezing my Censored off...it really does pull like a Censored

Still smiling Very Happy

Have to take it back later this week, to have the Color coded mirrors, side vents and all black badges put on, will take some piccies then.

Interestingly the Dealer Principle was telling me, lead times for new tdv8 sports have gone crazy and if you wanted a new one its a december delivery Shocked - something to do with the engines being used in the Vogue as a priority, as margins are higher...

Oh yes! Thumbs Up MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #92109 Sat Mar 10 2007 5:25pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Josh

United Kingdom 

Lets hope its my turn soon Bow down Bow down Bow down

Congrats Thumbs Up TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #92110 Sat Mar 10 2007 5:41pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 
Re: Picked up new TDV8 Sport

ATM wrote:

Still smiling Very Happy

Interestingly the Dealer Principle was telling me, lead times for new tdv8 sports have gone crazy and if you wanted a new one its a december delivery Shocked - something to do with the engines being used in the Vogue as a priority, as margins are higher...

Nice one. Really chuffed for you. The performance of the TDv6 is the reason why I bought the supercharged. V8 is v similar by all accounts. Nice one. Residuals will be strong too (on the V8 diesel). Pics? 2022 P440e AB

Post #92111 Sat Mar 10 2007 5:41pm
tartan terror

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Thumbs Up Congrats ATM. Look forward to the pics. BTW: What facilities are there for connecting an iPOD on the TDV8? MY08 RR Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black; Black Leather; Privacy glass

Post #92117 Sat Mar 10 2007 6:50pm
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

Congrats mate glad it went well, keep us posted as to your thoughts Thumbs Up some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #92124 Sat Mar 10 2007 6:57pm
ATM

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Thanks guys, will keep you posted as i run it in.

Unfortunatley the Ipod connection is the same as the TDV6, AUX cable from the back of the rear arm rest. Sad
The FFRR has such a better conection facility and having seen the LR IPOD connector kit for sport and new freelander I wasnt that impressed.

Any other questions, give us a shout

Off to start the rainx application... Smile Something else is always something better:

07 Java TDV8 Sport & toys

Post #92151 Sun Mar 11 2007 9:05am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1