RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Why do people hate all us RR drivers so much?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

jimrrsport

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I know what would be the first thing that crossed my mind if anybody coming to my house (other than my investment adviser, cos I know how much she makes out of me) to sell me any home improvements turned up here driving a £47k RRS.................... Laughing

49k tim! 2007 TDV6HSE, Java black, 20" 10 spokes, super charger grill and vents, Sunroof, tv, fridge, brembo's plus all the other 2007 bits, Limo Priv glass, turbchipped

04 XC90 Gone
04 CBR1000RRFireblade Trashed
04 Freelander Sport Premium Gone
03 Freelander 1.8 Kalahari Gone-should have been blown up!!
02 Lexus IS200 Gone

Post #73651 Mon Jan 08 2007 12:05am
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

jimrrsport wrote:
ENVOY wrote:
Jim same as Doc ive not had any one slag off my 4x4s to my face and like Doc i am 6foot 5inchs small 18 stone with very short hair no2(not quite a skin head), i to go and see customers and tend to use one of my other cars.As a friend once said it doesnt go down to well when turning up in a new range rover to do quotes, but i think it depends on your business.
As VA said what a pratt

He is probably a GP tree hugging transvestite leftie, who would have one if he could afford one.

I'm 6ft1 myself and about 15 stone, not really a small guy!
As I said, do try to use one of the vans when i can.
Would love to print this thread off and post it through his door!

Better still Jim, when youve finished the work you me and Doc go around in our RRSs to do a follow up and quality control, that would do the trick Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #73655 Mon Jan 08 2007 12:13am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Sorry mate........................... that's even worse Laughing Laughing 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #73656 Mon Jan 08 2007 12:13am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jimrrsport

ENVOY wrote:
jimrrsport wrote:
ENVOY wrote:
Jim same as Doc ive not had any one slag off my 4x4s to my face and like Doc i am 6foot 5inchs small 18 stone with very short hair no2(not quite a skin head), i to go and see customers and tend to use one of my other cars.As a friend once said it doesnt go down to well when turning up in a new range rover to do quotes, but i think it depends on your business.
As VA said what a pratt

He is probably a GP tree hugging transvestite leftie, who would have one if he could afford one.

I'm 6ft1 myself and about 15 stone, not really a small guy!
As I said, do try to use one of the vans when i can.
Would love to print this thread off and post it through his door!

better than a land rover xmas card i think!

Better still Jim, when youve finished the work you me and Doc go around in our RRSs to do a follow up and quality control, that would do the trick Laughing Laughing Laughing
 2007 TDV6HSE, Java black, 20" 10 spokes, super charger grill and vents, Sunroof, tv, fridge, brembo's plus all the other 2007 bits, Limo Priv glass, turbchipped

04 XC90 Gone
02 Lexus IS200 Gone

Post #73657 Mon Jan 08 2007 12:24am
Lateral5

Australia 
Re: Why do people hate all us RR drivers so much?

jimrrsport wrote:
I returned back to the office, procesed the quote but loaded the price up. I posted it to him and to my supprise he accepted it! so his narrow minded outlook cost him a couple of hundred quid!!! Jim

Perhaps you were still cheaper than all his other quotes Wink I wonder if everyone else quoting turned up in a 4x4? Very Happy RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #73664 Mon Jan 08 2007 5:02am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
l

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

The problem is jealousy to a large extent and small mindedness do these people know how many hours you had to work to buy your RRS. I always tell people the RRS is a result of me being very good at my job. Mr. Green I am a teacher so you can imagine some of the parents comments even worse when they find out I live in the village. Laughing Laughing Laughing Life is too short enjoy your RRS. RRS TDV6 HSE BUCKINGHAM BLUE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR RHODIUM TASMOD SILLS PARROT 3000 EVOLUTION WHITE SIDE REPEATERS RRPORT.CO.UK BROLLY & STICKER
HOW GOOD IS THIS CAR!!!!
8 YEARS AND STILL GETTING LOOKS

Post #73665 Mon Jan 08 2007 7:34am
jimrrsport

l wrote:
The problem is jealousy to a large extent and small mindedness do these people know how many hours you had to work to buy your RRS. I always tell people the RRS is a result of me being very good at my job. Mr. Green I am a teacher so you can imagine some of the parents comments even worse when they find out I live in the village. Laughing Laughing Laughing Life is too short enjoy your RRS.

Spot on l. Built the company up from one man band to now employing 27 plumbing and heating engineers and 4 office staff. That didn't come easy! its still and aways will be hard work with long hours and stress by the lorry load! if your a doctor, solicitor or finance boff its accepted that you deserve it, but if as tim in scotland said, work in the home improvments trade you must be a rogue trader to have done well! 2007 TDV6HSE, Java black, 20" 10 spokes, super charger grill and vents, Sunroof, tv, fridge, brembo's plus all the other 2007 bits, Limo Priv glass, turbchipped

04 XC90 Gone
02 Lexus IS200 Gone

Post #73669 Mon Jan 08 2007 9:43am
XUJG

I am afraid I would have said it becomes of being successfull and walked out.

Post #73675 Mon Jan 08 2007 10:28am
Tim in Scotland

Guys I didn't mean it as any criticism of your success - you have to be successful to be able buy and run a RRS or RR privately in the first place!

The comment I get that really p*sses me off is "They must overpay you!"
It took me 24 years to save enough to buy my 1st new Rangie. I bought it as a result of driving one of the very 1st 3 door Range Rovers to be exported to the Gulf. We had them as cargo in a hold and the ship's crew had to drive them from the ship to the vehicle storage area in Dubai. In 1976 I didn't even have a driving licence, but that short drive created such an impression on me that I vowed that one day I would own one. It was a long hard struggle I can tell you. I was determined not to borrow money to buy it but in the end I just had to - every time I got within striking distance LR would hike the price again or launch a new version that was priced just too high for me.
My first Landy was a Disco1 V8i ES with all the toys that I bought when it was a year old and had done 26k miles so was suitably cheaper than buy ing a new one and that got me onto the Land Rover ladder.
In June 2003 I realised my dream buy buying a FFRR TD6. I kept that car until June 2005 the the Sport was launched and changed it for the one that was sat in the dealer showroom on launch day.
I don't think I'll be buying another new Land Rover of any variety - put it simply I can not afford to buy a new one now, my buying power now is about 50% of what it was 5 years ago, my pay just has not kept up with hikes in prices and Gordon Brown's stealth taxes. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #73683 Mon Jan 08 2007 11:46am
XUJG

Whilst I have just paid £50 cash for our new RRS I cannot justify to myself buying it as it represents more than a years salary and I am not someone with loads of cash in the bank (not now). But life is short and we are only here for a short time and so I like to enjoy myself while I can and worry about tomorrow later. My father died when he was 52 and I could get hit by a bus tomorrow.

Enjoy

Post #73689 Mon Jan 08 2007 12:11pm
Pelyma

England 

Tim I'm an investment adviser and on the whole my clients seem to like the fact I drive a 45K car, my success generally means theres too.

Post #73690 Mon Jan 08 2007 12:32pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

...and to think, Pelyma, once upon a time you were worried about turning up to a client in a "bling" motor! Wink

Johngilham wrote:
Whilst I have just paid £50 cash for our new RRS

John, sounds like you got the deal of the millenium! Laughing 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #73692 Mon Jan 08 2007 12:34pm
Tim in Scotland

Pelyma wrote:
Tim I'm an investment adviser and on the whole my clients seem to like the fact I drive a 45K car, my success generally means theres too.

My investment adviser drives a FFRR and my investments are pretty healthy too! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #73695 Mon Jan 08 2007 12:45pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

I'm not justifying it to anyone - its mine......all mine Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Post #73699 Mon Jan 08 2007 1:12pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

That's the spirit Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #73700 Mon Jan 08 2007 1:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>