RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Why do people hate all us RR drivers so much?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

jimrrsport

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Why do people hate all us RR drivers so much?

Hi guys, I feel I have to share this story with you, maybe you too have had similar hassle just because you drive a RR. Last week a guy phoned my office and asked me to call round and give him a quote for installing a pump to his shower. I spoke to him on the phone for some time and he seemed a decent sort of bloke. I arrived at his house later that day. I rang his bell and he answered the door, "oh a f**ckin 4x4 driver, I f**ckin hate 4x4's and 4x4 drivers" I was totally gob smacked and before I could say anything he continued "I have beed involved in meetings at the council about 4x4's f**ckin hate em. Whats the diffence between a hedghog and a 4x4" he asked. "dunno" I replied "hedghog has the pricks on the outside" he replied. "well I'll be off then" I said "no come in and get the quote done" he said. So in I walked. Then he says "4x4 drivers usualy have small penis's and even smaller brains" "ok I'm off" I said "no stay" he replied. So very quietly I went about my quote as fast as I could. "sorry if I have upset u" he said as I left. I returned back to the office, procesed the quote but loaded the price up. I posted it to him and to my supprise he accepted it! so his narrow minded outlook cost him a couple of hundred quid!!! next year I intend to send him a land rover xmas card from my company! Laughing
I do seem to notice you get loads of dirty looks driving rrs's, may be people are just jelous. They cant all be nob heads like him.

Jim 2007 TDV6HSE, Java black, 20" 10 spokes, super charger grill and vents, Sunroof, tv, fridge, brembo's plus all the other 2007 bits, Limo Priv glass, turbchipped

04 XC90 Gone
04 CBR1000RRFireblade Trashed
04 Freelander Sport Premium Gone
03 Freelander 1.8 Kalahari Gone-should have been blown up!!
02 Lexus IS200 Gone

Post #73624 Sun Jan 07 2007 10:20pm
The doc

United Kingdom 

Generally because they can't afford one and don't like that you can!

I get loads of compliments such as "wow nice car", “you’ve had some great cars but that’s the best yet” etc

I’ve never had a single person say they didn’t like it or anything about it…(could it be that I’m 6’3 with a skin head and LOOK far more frightening than I am?)

I only seem to get knobs on (GP) forums slagging it off!

People admire and look at it wherever you go - Far more people seem to love 'em than hate 'em.

I hate Censored little cheap cars but I don't tell everyone that has one how crappy they look.

Rise above it and enjoy your car matey - your a long time dead Wink

PS I do tend to use this for work / quotes etc Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Post #73625 Sun Jan 07 2007 10:35pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Just rise above it - what a prat and now he's a £200 or so down! Laughing Laughing Laughing 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #73626 Sun Jan 07 2007 10:46pm
jimrrsport

I do use a van most of the time for quotes etc., but just cant stop drivin the rr at the mo!!! 2007 TDV6HSE, Java black, 20" 10 spokes, super charger grill and vents, Sunroof, tv, fridge, brembo's plus all the other 2007 bits, Limo Priv glass, turbchipped

04 XC90 Gone
02 Lexus IS200 Gone

Post #73629 Sun Jan 07 2007 10:53pm
Andy

United Kingdom 

It's either jealousy or that people have been sucked in by the anti-4x4 lot. My father had to drive into Shrewsbury in the Freelander one day and got an old woman giving him the finger and shouting abuse through the window at him for driving a 4x4. Kind of shocking saying a lot of 4x4s in the towns around here aren't chelsea tractors but are owned by people who need them. 2002 Discovery Adventurer LE
1998 Freelander xedi
Ertl limited edition RRS model number 817

Post #73630 Sun Jan 07 2007 10:54pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Jim,

Like the doc, personally I never use the RRS for seeing customers - just the van - saves on all the hassle (not that I've experienced the same as you though).

Saying that, one of my customers has a CLS 55AMG and an bloody SLR Shocked so have no probs turning up at his house in the RRS

Kaine

Post #73632 Sun Jan 07 2007 11:04pm
The doc

United Kingdom 

jimrrsport wrote:
I do use a van most of the time for quotes etc., but just cant stop drivin the rr at the mo!!!

Me too to be honest - the battery keeps going flat on the caddy due to lack of use Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #73634 Sun Jan 07 2007 11:06pm
The doc

United Kingdom 

"An old woman giving him the finger and shouting abuse through the window at him for driving a 4x4."

He should have stolen her support tights and false teeth, then told her "I'd rather drive a 4x4 than stick of Censored you dried up old hag"

Post #73636 Sun Jan 07 2007 11:08pm
jimrrsport

The doc wrote:
"An old woman giving him the finger and shouting abuse through the window at him for driving a 4x4."

He should have stolen her support tights and false teeth, then told her "I'd rather drive a 4x4 than stick of Censored you dried up old hag"

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 2007 TDV6HSE, Java black, 20" 10 spokes, super charger grill and vents, Sunroof, tv, fridge, brembo's plus all the other 2007 bits, Limo Priv glass, turbchipped

04 XC90 Gone
02 Lexus IS200 Gone

Post #73639 Sun Jan 07 2007 11:13pm
Andy

United Kingdom 

Laughing Laughing Laughing 2002 Discovery Adventurer LE
1998 Freelander xedi
Ertl limited edition RRS model number 817

Post #73640 Sun Jan 07 2007 11:16pm
The doc

United Kingdom 

Could it also be that ALL LR drivers are by nature witty, good looking, well humoured, fantastic in the sack, have big dongs and are also very modest? Laughing

Post #73641 Sun Jan 07 2007 11:23pm
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

Jim same as Doc ive not had any one slag off my 4x4s to my face and like Doc i am 6foot 5inchs small 18 stone with very short hair no2(not quite a skin head), i to go and see customers and tend to use one of my other cars.As a friend once said it doesnt go down to well when turning up in a new range rover to do quotes, but i think it depends on your business.
As VA said what a pratt

He is probably a GP tree hugging transvestite leftie, who would have one if he could afford one.

Post #73643 Sun Jan 07 2007 11:35pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

The doc wrote:
Could it also be that ALL LR drivers are by nature witty, good looking, well humoured, fantastic in the sack, have big dongs and are also very modest? Laughing

I think you have just hit the nail on the head Doc.

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #73644 Sun Jan 07 2007 11:35pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I know what would be the first thing that crossed my mind if anybody coming to my house (other than my investment adviser, cos I know how much she makes out of me) to sell me any home improvements turned up here driving a £47k RRS.................... Laughing 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #73646 Sun Jan 07 2007 11:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jimrrsport

ENVOY wrote:
Jim same as Doc ive not had any one slag off my 4x4s to my face and like Doc i am 6foot 5inchs small 18 stone with very short hair no2(not quite a skin head), i to go and see customers and tend to use one of my other cars.As a friend once said it doesnt go down to well when turning up in a new range rover to do quotes, but i think it depends on your business.
As VA said what a pratt

He is probably a GP tree hugging transvestite leftie, who would have one if he could afford one.

I'm 6ft1 myself and about 15 stone, not really a small guy!
As I said, do try to use one of the vans when i can.
Would love to print this thread off and post it through his door! 2007 TDV6HSE, Java black, 20" 10 spokes, super charger grill and vents, Sunroof, tv, fridge, brembo's plus all the other 2007 bits, Limo Priv glass, turbchipped

04 XC90 Gone
02 Lexus IS200 Gone

Post #73650 Mon Jan 08 2007 12:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>