RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > It's so good to own a Land Rover!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
It's so good to own a Land Rover!

Oh boy, I have just got home from Germany to find most of Central Scotland is under a couple of feet of water................... drowned cars all over the place and folks pushing them through deep standing water.
No problem for an RRS though, stop on edge of flood, set offroad suspension mode and low ratio and drive slowly into the knee deep water and wade along until you get out the other side, lower the suspension and engage Hibox again, drive off. There's more water laying on the ground here than I have ever seen before and there are serious floods everywhere, even on the motorway into town from the airport there was deep standing water and silly prats flying along at 30-40mph and hitting it even though the CITRAC overhead signs were showing a 5mph speed limit in places where there is floods!
There will be NO water shortages next year if we continue with rain at this rate..................... I think it must have been raining continuously since I left home on Monday morning! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #70506 Wed Dec 13 2006 5:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Landlord

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

Tim good write up

I am looking forward to getting back to UK and having some fun in mine - fed up of town and motorway driving MY10 TDV6 HSE, Alaska White, Ebony with Contrast, Park Heat, Paddle Shift, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended & Premium Leather,

MY07 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, Gone

-----------------------------
1964 Austin Healey 3000

2007 LR Defender

2011 VW Tiguan R Line

Post #70511 Wed Dec 13 2006 5:20pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

well Tim ! you have been to Kraut land without telling me Sad 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #70513 Wed Dec 13 2006 5:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

Angel, almost Klogland where I was.................... Kleve in Neiderhein, about 120ks from Dusseldorf, almost on the Dutch border Does this still count as Krautland? And I'm of to visit Lurpakland for a week on Suinday! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #70516 Wed Dec 13 2006 5:27pm
The doc

United Kingdom 

Nice job Very Happy

Post #70541 Wed Dec 13 2006 6:41pm
Tim in Scotland

Doc, no it isn't - I'm supposed to be on holiday from my normal job which involves............

travelling across the globe by sea and I'm supposed to be at home on leave. So far since mid October when I came "home" I have spent 4 days in Cambridge on a training course, 3 days in Germany on a visit to the ship managers' offices and now off to Lurpack land on another training course..... the only GOOD thing about it is that it guarantees that Gordon Brown will be sending ME a large cheque in the spring refunding all the income tax I've paid this year Laughing I'm also getting to kn ow Schipol airport very well this leave - on Monday morning the lady in the Menzies Lounge at Pier C was able to greet me using my name before I had even given her my lounge access card! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #70547 Wed Dec 13 2006 6:53pm
The doc

United Kingdom 

Sorry I meant "nice job" getting home through all that!

Post #70562 Wed Dec 13 2006 9:00pm
Tim in Scotland

An update on the floods - heard on the 6pm R4 weather that Central Scotland had 115mm of rain between 6am today and 5pm................ and it is still throwing it down as hard as it can and blowing a storm too! Might have to put the box of recovery ropes and strops and some shackles in the boot tomorrow along with the waders and waterproofs!

Also an interesting bit on the Wx - if the temperature in Central England stay above 11C all night to night this will be the warmest December night ever recorded! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #70575 Wed Dec 13 2006 10:55pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

ok you are right this aint Vaterland... Cool 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #70596 Thu Dec 14 2006 9:10am
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

This could be a good time to invest in a snorkel Tim. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #70675 Thu Dec 14 2006 2:38pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Tim - excuse my ignorance but if you're involved with ships how come you had a training course in Cambridge - not really a deep water port there! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #70678 Thu Dec 14 2006 2:40pm
Tim in Scotland

TB wrote:
This could be a good time to invest in a snorkel Tim.

Have one on my 90 but the RRS snorkel isn't a snorkel - it's a raised intake as it doesn't have a watertight joint with the intake hole where it pases through the wing so you can still only wade into 50cm of water, even with the LR "snorkel". Something LR Accessories dept needs to look into methinks. My watertight Safari snorkel and the raised breathers on the axles and gearbox of my 90 means I can take it into water has deep as I like and only have to wrry about drowning me Laughing

Very Annoyed wrote:
Tim - excuse my ignorance but if you're involved with ships how come you had a training course in Cambridge - not really a deep water port there!

VA it was an management training course at the A P Moller Maersk Centre in Churchill College, don't need to be anywhere the sea for one of those courses. Next week's course is a Bridge Resource Management course - ie how to best the best out of your manpower during a difficult situation onboard. Company has insisted on it after 2 of our ships (not British ones I hasten to add!) were involved in 2 incidents which have resulted in a $50million insurance claim.......................... This course will be at Nyborg/Svendborg in Denmark which IS close to the west coast of Denmark. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #70686 Thu Dec 14 2006 3:00pm
Kevin

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Alaska White

Tim in Scotland wrote:
involved in 2 incidents which have resulted in a $50million insurance claim.......................... .

Gald to see someone has had a bigger insurance claim than you then VA Wink

Sorry couldn't resist: Laughing Kevin

Post #71044 Sat Dec 16 2006 3:16am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1